Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Suffering? Don't move to Florida

+5
Joanimaroni
Sal
2seaoat
boards of FL
dumpcare
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Suffering? Don't move to Florida Empty Suffering? Don't move to Florida 10/26/2014, 8:26 am

dumpcare

http://www.pnj.com/story/opinion/2014/10/26/viewpoint-suffering-move-florida/17858131/

Dopers

dumpcare

So someone who wants relief from pain and try and lead some what of a normal life is a doper? Did you ever think it might help you?

Yep

dumpcare

Well according to the latest polls the nays are winning:

http://www.thecannabist.co/2014/10/28/florida-amendment-2-medical-marijuana/22086/

boards of FL

boards of FL

The opposition is overwhelmingly baby boomers.

This will eventually pass, just not this time around.

2seaoat

The opposition is ignorance. Medical use of pot for suffering patients should be an available option for a doctor to prescribe. How may legal drugs are abused. Unfortunately, becoming wise on this issue usually involves family or friends becoming ill.........and I do not wish that wisdom on anybody.

dumpcare

boards of FL wrote:The opposition is overwhelmingly baby boomers.

I guess there just aren't many boomer's in Florida that smoked during the 60's or 70's and you know out of the majority of the population it could help us the most with pain. The boomer's who bitch for their right's and big government just can't seem to get their priorities in line. Do they want freedom of government or is it just talk? I think it's just talk, they are happy letting the govt telling them what to do. As the article stated if the younger voter's turn out it still has a chance.

They have their agenda driven progressive govt prohibitions, edicts, and mandates just like the left does.

Sal

Sal

The only hope is if these polls are under-sampling the youth vote.

That's what happened in 2012, when the polls were showing a very tight race and most even predicting a Romney win.

The youth didn't show up in the polls, but they did in the votes.

Prolly won't happen this time tho, cause the youth generally don't turnout for midterms.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Sal wrote:The only hope is if these polls are under-sampling the youth vote.

That's what happened in 2012, when the polls were showing a very tight race and most even predicting a Romney win.

Prolly won't happen this time tho, cause the youth generally don't turnout for midterms.

You never know. Legal weed is on the line.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:

You never know.  Legal weed is on the line.  

Legalization of Marijuana for recreational use is the agenda.....not medicinal use.

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Legalization of Marijuana for recreational use is the agenda.....not medicinal use.

Duh ...

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Precisely.

Markle

Markle

ppaca wrote:Well according to the latest polls the nays are winning:

http://www.thecannabist.co/2014/10/28/florida-amendment-2-medical-marijuana/22086/

It is a poorly written amendment and should fail. The last thing we need to do is encourage kids to use drugs.

Ask Michael Brown in Ferguson how well being stoned into oblivion worked out for him. Oh...that's right, he's dead.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

My husband is one of the oldest baby boomers. He's also a Vietnam veteran. I don't believe the opposition is from him...or from people like us...but from people who are either older or younger.

NO DOPE FOR yALL

dumpcare

Floridatexan wrote:

My husband is one of the oldest baby boomers.  He's also a Vietnam veteran.  I don't believe the opposition is from him...or from people like us...but from people who are either older or younger.

Quite a few are older in their mid 70's and some younger. What I cannot understand are the lies the opposition is putting out there. My understanding of an amendment is it's just that and after the amendment passes the law is built around it.

People don't know why they're against it other than what the tv says, so it seems to me it's the low information crowd that would rather follow than really make their own decision's and their selfishness to let the ones that need it have it.

The one's who now smoke it illegally are always going to smoke it regardless if passed or not and money wasted if they are busted on the screwed up justice system.

dumpcare

As the November 4th midterm elections approach, everyone interested in marijuana policy is looking at various voter initiatives across the country: legal adult use of marijuana in Alaska, Oregon, and Washington, D.C., and a robust medical cannabis law in Florida. But as interesting as it is to see which parts of the country will be the next to reform their marijuana laws, the reality is that every candidate on every ballot represents a chance to vote on medical marijuana.

Every session of Congress and each state legislature marks a chance to bring America’s public policy more in line with public opinion and medical science. As much as 85 percent of voters nationwide have expressed support for legal access to cannabis when a doctor recommends it, with physicians and researchers expressing a similar consensus on its efficacy in safely treating a remarkably broad range of serious medical conditions. Today, the only real barriers to sensible medical cannabis policy are the lawmakers themselves.

Within the last year, fourteen states have legalized medical cannabis in one or more of its forms. Earlier this year, the U.S. House of Representatives passed a measure that would prevent the DOJ from interfering with state marijuana laws and another preventing the US Treasury from going after state-compliant medical cannabis business. Each of the measures were passed by politicians not voter referendum. To date, 34 states and the District of Columbia have passed some kind of legislation recognizing the benefits of medical cannabis only 11 of these laws were passed by voter initiative and all of them have been further defined by state legislation.

Americans for Safe Access (ASA), the nation’s leading advocacy group advancing medical cannabis policy, has launched a campaign to educate the public and help voters choose the candidates who best represent their interests. The multi-pronged campaign includes television and web ads, surveys distributed to candidates to gauge their support or opposition to sensible cannabis regulations, and a new website, VoteMedicalMarijuana.org, where voters can see the records of incumbents and the positions of candidates.

ASA is working to ensure that elected officials overseeing medical marijuana policy know there is an active, voting constituency that wants to be involved in developing policy that will directly affect them. The launch of VoteMedicalMarijuana.org established the infrastructure for the formation of such a constituency. Those interested in medical marijuana policy now have a clearly defined reason to vote in every election. Until now, no one has tied elected officials to their voting records on medical marijuana and made it a central issue in local, state, and federal elections. VoteMedicalMarijuana.org gives voters a new criterion with which to evaluate candidates on this issue: their voting records and surveys from candidates.

New ads will be released in Washington State this Friday that will help educate voters on why their vote matters and how to find out where candidates stand on the issue. The ads will run through Election Day. The first Vote Medical Marijuana TV ads run earlier this year helped inform the public on votes taken by certain Members of Congress on measures that would affect medical cannabis patients.

VoteMedicalMarijuana.org also features a new Election Center that will provide concerned voters with key information on the midterm elections. For example, constituents can find their elected officials’ answers to ASA’s medical cannabis survey questions. If any elected officials have not yet responded, voters can tweet the survey to them directly from the site.

ASA also hosted a Google Hangout, that covered how voters can effectively use VoteMedicalMarijuana.org to become informed voters and how the election outcomes can affect patients, with a focus on measures in California, Florida and Washington State.

I will be on the ground in Florida in the days leading up to the election to help with Get Out the Vote efforts and support for the historic medical marijuana vote Yes on Measure 2. And while initiatives are exciting, () it’s what comes after the November 4th elections that matters most. Patients will be depending on their elected officials from the halls of Congress, to their state house to their city hall to represent them on medical marijuana policy. With nearly 70 percent of the population now living in states that have adopted a medical marijuana law in some form, there will be thousands of politicians engaging in medical marijuana policy in 2015. This election, make sure your interest are being addressed.

For more information on what this election means for medical marijuana patients, see http://VoteMedicalMarijuana.org

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/steph-sherer/medical-marijuana-election-2014_b_6082844.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

I don't understand how someone can be OK with alcohol, but against recreational use of marijuana, or OK with prescription narcotic, but not OK with medical marijuana. Shocked

21Suffering? Don't move to Florida Empty Re: Suffering? Don't move to Florida 10/31/2014, 10:21 pm

Vikingwoman

QueenOfHearts wrote:I don't understand how someone can be OK with alcohol, but against recreational use of marijuana, or OK with prescription narcotic, but not OK with medical marijuana. Shocked

I agree. I don't either.

22Suffering? Don't move to Florida Empty Re: Suffering? Don't move to Florida 10/31/2014, 10:43 pm

You have to appreciate the conditioning that socially supports progressive prohibitions... there's always a noble intent.

People that might otherwise support liberty and govt limits... can be turned into nazis that would turn in neighbors.

Govt is force... no matter the benevolence and omnipotence assigned to it or the subjective social issues.

Vikingwoman

What does the govt. have to do w/ people voting for medical marijuana?

Vikingwoman wrote:What does the govt. have to do w/ people voting for medical marijuana?

The govt is prohibiting it's use on behalf of those that wish to impose their learned beliefs on others...

even though it causes them no direct harm. There's a myriad of progressive interventions very similar... including obamacaid.

Vikingwoman

I can assure you it's not progressives that are objecting to it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum