Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I am shocked!...SHOCKED I SAY. 'Calibration error’ changes GOP votes to Dem in Illinois county

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

If it weren't so serious and dangerous, this be funny. You just can't make these things up. In ILLINOIS of all places, who would have thought?

‘Calibration error’ changes GOP votes to Dem in Illinois county

Published October 22, 2014

CHICAGO — Early voting in Illinois got off to a rocky start Monday, as votes being cast for Republican candidates were transformed into votes for Democrats.

Republican state representative candidate Jim Moynihan went to vote Monday at the Schaumburg Public Library.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/10/22/calibration-error-changes-gop-votes-to-dem-in-illinois-county/

Leave it to the Progressives to come up with a new word. This isn't voter fraud...it is a 'Calibration Error"!

“I tried to cast a vote for myself and instead it cast the vote for my opponent,” Moynihan said. “You could imagine my surprise as the same thing happened with a number of races when I tried to vote for a Republican and the machine registered a vote for a Democrat.”

2seaoat

All over the country calibration errors are happening. In Illinois before your ballot is filed with the clerk, you review the electronic version. If there is an error you correct the same. If it continues, you report to the election judges. Once you have confirmed your ballot, it prints to paper which you review and again confirm. Calibration errors are caught early and are more common with a resident not having a special district election on the ballot because somebody failed to apply the race to that district. I have experienced the same last time I voted in Illinois on a park district election and I pointed out the problem, and was given the correct ballot for my precinct. I do have concerns with fraud in electronic tallies, but in Illinois the paper ballot is the audit. A pretty neat system to stop fraud where it is real and possible. Voter ID is not the problem, but without the paper audit a person could simply run a program and make all votes democratic.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:All over the country calibration errors are happening.  In Illinois before your ballot is filed with the clerk, you review the electronic version.  If there is an error you correct the same.  If it continues, you report to the election judges.  Once you have confirmed your ballot, it prints to paper which you review and again confirm.   Calibration errors are caught early and are more common with a resident not having a special district election on the ballot because somebody failed to apply the race to that district.  I have experienced the same last time I voted in Illinois on a park district election and I pointed out the problem, and was given the correct ballot for my precinct.   I do have concerns with fraud in electronic tallies, but in Illinois the paper ballot is the audit.  A pretty neat system to stop fraud where it is real and possible.  Voter ID is not the problem, but without the paper audit a person could simply run a program and make all votes democratic.

I am shocked!...SHOCKED I SAY.  'Calibration error’ changes GOP votes to Dem in Illinois county Stirthepot-1

2seaoat

Not stirring anything. I am just giving the facts which make your innuendo completely absurd in Illinois. You would have to have knowledge to understand why a calibration error is corrected immediately. However, you lacked the facts as to how folks in Illinois vote.......I am always willing to teach, but your resentment is obvious, so you remain in a state of ignorance. That just makes this place more fun.........but heck the voter ID is just as phoney.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Semi-retired poster Markle flops with yet another dorky forum thread...

Republicans invented the means to cheat with electronic voting machines. Google Kenneth Blackwell and Diebold Electronic Voting Machines and Ohio 2004. It helped ensure a second term for George W. Bush.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Semi-retired poster Markle flops with yet another dorky forum thread...

Republicans invented the means to cheat with electronic voting machines. Google Kenneth Blackwell and Diebold Electronic Voting Machines and Ohio 2004. It helped ensure a second term for George W. Bush.

I am shocked!...SHOCKED I SAY.  'Calibration error’ changes GOP votes to Dem in Illinois county Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlKYrrkc8goRiVrpmHpjFBnQLdJNFD-1nffV_lPASmBJXBbLrm

I see..... So since you believe it may have happened in the past that two wrongs will make it alright.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTKu-L1b--o

Smile

There must be a dial in the back that goes from fair and no calibration to democrat full calibration... lol.

2seaoat wrote:All over the country calibration errors are happening. In Illinois before your ballot is filed with the clerk, you review the electronic version. If there is an error you correct the same. If it continues, you report to the election judges. Once you have confirmed your ballot, it prints to paper which you review and again confirm. Calibration errors are caught early and are more common with a resident not having a special district election on the ballot because somebody failed to apply the race to that district. I have experienced the same last time I voted in Illinois on a park district election and I pointed out the problem, and was given the correct ballot for my precinct. I do have concerns with fraud in electronic tallies, but in Illinois the paper ballot is the audit. A pretty neat system to stop fraud where it is real and possible. Voter ID is not the problem, but without the paper audit a person could simply run a program and make all votes democratic.

That shouldn't have to happen to get a correct vote. It's BULLCHIT as you say.

PkrBum wrote:There must be a dial in the back that goes from fair and no calibration to democrat full calibration... lol.

I am shocked!...SHOCKED I SAY.  'Calibration error’ changes GOP votes to Dem in Illinois county Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRyu4IgNTgKmg0LLRsOGVdVH5pLs1JzKCDt6aPE4-6yVIF9fHz7g

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voqTSufmApY

Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum