Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Healthcare Worker in Texas Infected with Ebola

+2
2seaoat
Sal
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sal

Sal

Feel free to use this thread to freak out ....

It doesn't seem very likely that individual cases could get out of control... but if it runs through mexico all bets are off.

Th Dude wrote:It doesn't seem very likely that individual cases could get out of control... but if it runs through mexico all bets are off.

agreed......look at all the illnesses brought in by the illegal kids and you know the enterovirus from Escambia County was part of that.

Sal

Sal

Most the children who came across the border were not from Mexico, and the vaccination rates from their countries of origin are higher than that of the U.S.

Last edited by Sal on 10/12/2014, 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

2seaoat

agreed......look at all the illnesses brought in by the illegal kids and you know the enterovirus from Escambia County was part of that.

Santa will leave you a gift. Ignorance abounds. The flu strain started in Asia which kills Americans walks across the Rio Grande and slips by security and gets Americans sick. If I was conversing with a six year old, I would expect better logic. Racism has its roots in ignorance, and you have become a cheerleader.

There's a long historical record of epidemiological transfers by migrating peoples... you don't have to just parrot positions.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:Most the children who came across the border were not from Mexico, and the vaccination rates from their countries of origin are higher than that of the U.S.

Their vaccination rates are 1% lower than southern Texas. Those vaccinations do not cover all diseases these children are capable of contracting and spreading. As I said before the plight of these children, travelling alone with out adequate nutrition does not produce a healthy situation, in fact it would be just the opposite regardless of HepB, HepA, varicella polio, MMR, DT etc, etc.

Joanimaroni wrote:
Sal wrote:Most the children who came across the border were not from Mexico, and the vaccination rates from their countries of origin are higher than that of the U.S.

Their vaccination rates are 1% lower than southern Texas. Those vaccinations do not cover all diseases these children are capable of contracting and spreading. As I said before the plight of these children, travelling alone with out adequate nutrition does not produce a healthy situation, in fact it would be just the opposite regardless of HepB, HepA, varicella polio, MMR, DT etc, etc.

Democrats should dig into their own pockets and donate to relief agencies in those respective countries.

Some hopey changey could go along way in the third world.

2seaoat

There's a long historical record of epidemiological transfers by migrating peoples... you don't have to just parrot positions.

Now that is funny. Air business travel is now migrating people.......too funny. People do not need to migrate for disease to spread, nor is that the mode of transmission in modern pandemics.......the virus will hop on a plane.

2seaoat wrote:There's a long historical record of epidemiological transfers by migrating peoples... you don't have to just parrot positions.

Now that is funny.  Air business travel is now migrating people.......too funny.  People do not need to migrate for disease to spread, nor is that the mode of transmission in modern pandemics.......the virus will hop on a plane.

,,,but with a host it is guaranteed to live through the flight

Do you honestly think south america and mexico could contain ebola?

But don't panic... we could in the us. It would require some unpopular political solutions however.

Sal

Sal

Border babies aren't the issue here.

The issue is that the hospital in Texas was even more unprepared and incompetent than previously known.

Hopefully, this incident will be the catalyst for are healthcare system to be fully prepared for these types of 21st Century threats.

2seaoat

The issue is that the hospital in Texas was even more unprepared and incompetent than previously known.

Yep, Rick Perry and incompetent government bring expected results. We don't need taxes or government......we have Rick and the bubbleheads.

2seaoat

Do you honestly think south america and mexico could contain ebola?

A virus does not recognize political state boundaries.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Most hosptals across the US were not, at the time, equipped to handle Ebolo. And still more hospitals will fall short.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:There's a long historical record of epidemiological transfers by migrating peoples... you don't have to just parrot positions.

Now that is funny.  Air business travel is now migrating people.......too funny.  People do not need to migrate for disease to spread, nor is that the mode of transmission in modern pandemics.......the virus will hop on a plane.

Oh goodness......how do you think Ebolo is arriving in this country?

Markle

Markle

True, most of the children who came illegally across our Southern border and have been disbursed so no one knows where they are or were supposed to be.

Are they being vaccinated as part of their open arms welcome to the United States?

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Do you honestly think south america and mexico could contain ebola?

A virus does not recognize political state boundaries.

You can't even answer this simple question.

This is NOT a political issue but rather a massive health issue. What part of that do you not understand?

2seaoat

Are they being vaccinated as part of their open arms welcome to the United States?

What is a closed arms welcome?

Markle

Markle

Joanimaroni wrote:Most hosptals across the US were not, at the time, equipped to handle Ebolo. And still more hospitals will fall short.

You're 100% right Joani, but for 2seaoat is doesn't matter. He is angry and will argue about anything. He actually believed his messiah was going to be the cure all for America. Whatever he imagined was wrong. Instead, our semi-retired President is the worst in modern history.

If someone posts that grass (on a lawn) is green, 2seaoat will say it is not.

2seaoat

My grass is green, President Obama has been kicking asz, and Mr. Markle thinks sending pallets of cash to Iraq helped "win" the war as our hospitals are woefully ill prepared for a pandemic because we have not made needed investments in America..........no argument from me......heck, more boots on the ground and who knows.....maybe we can cut our budget line items which deal with health investments and bring back leeches and more B1 bombers.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:My grass is green, President Obama has been kicking asz, and Mr. Markle thinks sending pallets of cash to Iraq helped "win" the war as our hospitals are woefully ill prepared for a pandemic because we have not made needed investments in America..........no argument from me......heck, more boots on the ground and who knows.....maybe we can cut our budget line items which deal with health investments and bring back leeches and more B1 bombers.

Healthcare Worker in Texas Infected with Ebola Animatedlaughter

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:My grass is green, President Obama has been kicking asz, and Mr. Markle thinks sending pallets of cash to Iraq helped "win" the war as our hospitals are woefully ill prepared for a pandemic because we have not made needed investments in America..........no argument from me......heck, more boots on the ground and who knows.....maybe we can cut our budget line items which deal with health investments and bring back leeches and more B1 bombers.

Hospitals in the 90's did away with routine isolation protocols. It was detetmined, in the majority of cases, universal percautons were sufficient. BTW.....insurance companies refused to pay for isolation procedures....private rooms and isolation supplies.

Sal

Sal

Remind me again which party it is that constantly insists on cuts to things like public health emergency preparedness.

dumpcare

Dr Richard Bessemer was on the news this evening, he came right out and said most hospital's and health care worker's are not prepared for this and the ebola patients in Texas should have been sent to one of 4 hospital's in the states that have been treating it, it should stay contained in one of those 4 and not spread around from hospital to hospital. Makes a hell of a lot of sense. Then when it's contained and no new cases I say burn those 4 hospital's to the ground.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum