Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Not all Muslims believe the same things .. .

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Th Dude wrote:
Th Dude wrote:
Th Dude wrote:It's strange that you can show enormous tolerance and seek to understand one religion... but then show extreme malice and vitriol to demean and marginalize another religion. That doesn't mesh with objective analysis... it's probably taught.

Especially when you are relatively safe in the bible belt... but would be persecuted and murdered in isis territory.

I guess there's no answer to this. That tells me that slingers religious dogma is without explanation... just another faith.

(indoctrination)

At what point do you begin to question what you believe? Before you question my belief... check yourself.

Frankly, I was unaware you had a belief.  
And as an Atheist I question everyone's beliefs.

As a Heathen, I know of no one who cares about your "beliefs"...as I understand Atheism is a religion after all.

So why would you care about anyone else's faith?

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:Female mutilation is an African thing, not a Muslim thing.

Muslim women in Indonesia have every right a male has.  Not so in Saudi Arabia or Iran.

Here's an expert on Islam explaining what's real:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/10/06/1334660/-Reza-Aslan-defends-Islam-in-one-of-the-most-bigoted-segments-on-CNN?detail=email#

Not likely.

Reliability of your "source".
Not all Muslims believe the same things .. .  - Page 2 DailyKOSWeinerPresseraFake-1
Reza Aslan is the expert I referred to.  If you can't handle that, it's your problem dummy.

This is the sum total of Wordslinger's hero Reza Aslan's beliefs. Curious that a Heathen would hand on every word of this person.

Analysis of War on Terrorism[edit]

Aslan refers to Al Qaeda's jihad against the west as "a cosmic war", distinct from holy war, in which rival religious groups are engaged in an earthly battle for material goals. "A cosmic war is like a ritual drama in which participants act out on earth a battle they believe is actually taking place in the heavens." American rhetoric of "war on terrorism", Aslan says, is in precise "cosmic dualism" to Al Qaeda's jihad. Aslan draws a distinction between Islamism and Jihadism. Islamists have legitimate goals and can be negotiated with, unlike Jihadists, who dream of an idealized past of a pan-Islamic, borderless "religious communalism". Aslan's prescription for winning the cosmic war is not to fight, but rather to engage moderate Islamic political forces in the democratic process. "Throughout the Middle East, whenever moderate Islamist parties have been allowed to participate in the political process, popular support for more extremist groups has diminished."

Whoa...this guy is really in outer space...right along with our good friend Wordslinger...who apparently believes in cosmic wars...taking place in the heavens...all the while Wordslinger is maintaining his claim of being a Heathen. Perhaps he's only a Heathen...when it concerns Christianity but NOT when it comes to Islam.

by Wordslinger on 10/7/2014, 4:08 pm
Female mutilation is an African thing, not a Muslim thing.

Muslim women in Indonesia have every right a male has. Not so in Saudi Arabia or Iran.

Here's an expert on Islam explaining what's real:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/10/06/1334660/-Reza-Aslan-defends-Islam-in-one-of-the-most-bigoted-segments-on-CNN?detail=email#
------
Much of Africa is Muslim so it IS a Muslim thing.

http://www.desertflowerfoundation.org/en/what-is-fgm/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum