Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Not all Muslims believe the same things .. .

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Female mutilation is an African thing, not a Muslim thing.

Muslim women in Indonesia have every right a male has. Not so in Saudi Arabia or Iran.

Here's an expert on Islam explaining what's real:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/10/06/1334660/-Reza-Aslan-defends-Islam-in-one-of-the-most-bigoted-segments-on-CNN?detail=email#

It's strange that you can show enormous tolerance and seek to understand one religion... but then show extreme malice and vitriol to demean and marginalize another religion. That doesn't mesh with objective analysis... it's probably taught.

Especially when you are relatively safe in the bible belt... but would be persecuted and murdered in isis territory.

Wordslinger wrote:Female mutilation is an African thing, not a Muslim thing.

Muslim women in Indonesia have every right a male has.  Not so in Saudi Arabia or Iran.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/10/06/1334660/-Reza-Aslan-defends-Islam-in-one-of-the-most-bigoted-segments-on-CNN?detail=email#

It doesn't matter until the moderates do something about their radicalized brothers.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Muslim women in Indonesia have every right a male has.  Not so in Saudi Arabia or Iran.

It doesn't matter until the moderates do something about their radicalized brothers.

I agree.

Not all Muslims believe the same things .. .  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDokOURe_lYqfU-fRK9HoY4MBgp4UFEEeHh3eDOjr1u81OB5ex

Thus says our resident expert on the boiling point of water and religious beliefs about the great destruction...

*****ROFLMAO*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EPsuOEH1fY

Razz

So as long as the moderate Muslims are silent, it makes them complicit with what fundamentalists are doing.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ALL Muslims believe the Quran is the inerrant word of God.  If they don't believe that,  they aren't Muslims.

The Quran...

4:34 Men are in charge of women, because Allah hath made the one of them to excel the other

4:176   unto the male is the equivalent of the share of two females (women are worth half what a man is worth)

64:14  your wives and your children are enemies for you, therefore beware of them.

2 :6-7 Don't bother warning the disbelievers. Allah has made it impossible for them to believe so that he can torture them forever after they die.

2:17-18 Allah has blinded the disbelievers. "Allah taketh away their light and leaveth them in darkness, where they cannot see, Deaf, dumb and blind

2:61 Allah stamped wretchedness upon the Jews because they killed the prophets and disbelieved Allah's revelations.

2:65-66 Allah turned Sabbath-breaking Jews into apes to be despised and hated. All modern Jews are descendants of apes (or all modern apes are descendants of Sabbath-breaking Jews).

2:85 Christians and Jews (who believe in only part of the Scripture), will suffer in this life and go to hell in the next.

2:96 Jews are the greediest of all humankind. They'd like to live 1000 years. But even that "would by no means remove the doom."

2:114 Allah will make disbelievers' lives miserable in this world and torture them forever after they die.

2:178 If someone murders your slave, then you get to kill one of his. If it was a male that was killed, you kill one of the killer's male slaves. If a female, you kill a female.

2:191-2 Kill disbelievers wherever you find them. (I guess this is what is meant by "the religion of peace")

2:193a  Allah says that you must keep fighting until there is no more persecution and everyone on earth is a Muslim. Then you can stop killing people. (again,  "the religion of peace)

2:217 It's you and your religion against them and theirs. They won't stop fighting until they make you a "renegade from your religion" and if they succeed in that so you die in disbelief, Allah will burn you forever in the Fire.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Seaoat more than anything loves to call people cowards and scaredy cats.
But he defends everything about the muslim religion.
My question is what kind of really advanced coward and scaredy cat does it take to believe all that childish bullshit in the Quran? lol

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Bob wrote:ALL Muslims believe the Quran is the inerrant word of God.  If they don't believe that,  they aren't Muslims.

The Quran...

4:34 Men are in charge of women, because Allah hath made the one of them to excel the other

4:176   unto the male is the equivalent of the share of two females (women are worth half what a man is worth)

64:14  your wives and your children are enemies for you, therefore beware of them.

2 :6-7 Don't bother warning the disbelievers. Allah has made it impossible for them to believe so that he can torture them forever after they die.

2:17-18 Allah has blinded the disbelievers. "Allah taketh away their light and leaveth them in darkness, where they cannot see, Deaf, dumb and blind

2:61 Allah stamped wretchedness upon the Jews because they killed the prophets and disbelieved Allah's revelations.

2:65-66 Allah turned Sabbath-breaking Jews into apes to be despised and hated. All modern Jews are descendants of apes (or all modern apes are descendants of Sabbath-breaking Jews).

2:85 Christians and Jews (who believe in only part of the Scripture), will suffer in this life and go to hell in the next.

2:96 Jews are the greediest of all humankind. They'd like to live 1000 years. But even that "would by no means remove the doom."

2:114 Allah will make disbelievers' lives miserable in this world and torture them forever after they die.

2:178 If someone murders your slave, then you get to kill one of his. If it was a male that was killed, you kill one of the killer's male slaves. If a female, you kill a female.

2:191-2 Kill disbelievers wherever you find them.  (I guess this is what is meant by "the religion of peace")

2:193a  Allah says that you must keep fighting until there is no more persecution and everyone on earth is a Muslim. Then you can stop killing people. (again,  "the religion of peace)

2:217 It's you and your religion against them and theirs. They won't stop fighting until they make you a "renegade from your religion" and if they succeed in that so you die in disbelief, Allah will burn you forever in the Fire.

Bob: Thanks for pointing out these gems. I guess what it all boils down too (at 212F) is just how much of their religion a Muslim believes.

Same for Christians and Jews, and every other "believers."

In that sense, Maher is right and so was George Carlin.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Wordslinger wrote:

Bob:  Thanks for pointing out these gems.  I guess what it all boils down too (at 212F) is just how much of their religion a Muslim believes.

The Quran is the sacred teachings of the Supreme Being.
If you believe it has bullshit in it then how can you still be a muslim?

The Bible is the sacred teachings of the Supreme Being.
If you believe it has bullshit in it then how can you still be a christian?

2seaoat

Seaoat more than anything loves to call people cowards and scaredy cats.
But he defends everything about the muslim religion.
My question is what kind of really advanced coward and scaredy cat does it take to believe all that childish bullshit in the Quran? lol

1. Not everybody is a scardy cat. They are actually a vocal minority.
2. I have never defended the Muslim religion. I have defended Muslims who have been painted with a broad brush.
3. I do not know what is childish Bullchit and what is not when talking about religion......I simply have my own faith which others may deem childish, but I am quite comfortable with the same, and I think Muslims are quite comfortable in their beliefs.

Bob wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Bob:  Thanks for pointing out these gems.  I guess what it all boils down too (at 212F) is just how much of their religion a Muslim believes.

The Quran is the sacred teachings of the Supreme Being.
If you believe it has bullshit in it then how can you still be a muslim?

The Bible is the sacred teachings of the Supreme Being.
If you believe it has bullshit in it then how can you still be a christian?

Can't speak for any Muslim but as far as "if you believe it has bullshit in it then how can you still be a Christian?" let me say this. First of all, as a Christian, I would not deem anything in the Bible bullshit. Do I believe it all to be inerrant? No. Am I still a Christian? Yes. Why? Because faith does not come from a book it comes from (my belief) God. My faith is a relationship. It is not about adherence to a law or a book.

If this is my feeling as a Christian, then perhaps there are Muslims who would say the same about their faith/belief when it comes to the Koran.

Capiche?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:
3.   I do not know what is childish Bullchit and what is not when talking about religion. 

Well if you don't know that Quran stuff I posted is childish bullshit,  then it's hopeless to even keep discussing this.  It would be like discussing it with Brother Carl and I'm really not up for that anymore.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

SheWrites wrote:  faith does not come from a book

If that's the case then Christianity needs to ditch the book.  But I've never yet been inside any Christian Church,  Catholic or Protestant,  where the clergy or the congregation has ditched "THE Good Book".  lol

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:

If that's the case then Christianity needs to ditch the book.  But I've never yet been inside any Christian Church,  Catholic or Protestant,  where the clergy or the congregation has ditched "THE Good Book".  lol

I was brought up in Catholic schools and taken to Church every Sunday.

There were priests and nuns and teachers that would occasionally rail about "cafeteria Catholics".

That meant Catholics that went down the line picking and choosing the dogma they liked and discarding the rest.

It was meant as a derogatory term, but I came to believe that the vast majority of Christians are "cafeteria Christians".

And, I'm quite sure the same holds for Muslims.

Fundamentalism breeds extremism.

The vast majority of people are not extremists regardless of the religion.

Bob wrote:

Like the "book" or not it is a historical document. There is a very interesting history of how the "book" was compiled and came together through many translations.  Nothing in this life is perfect.  For the bible thumpers, I know that my stand on this, in their eyes, condemns me to hell but I know better.

The Psalms are beautiful poetry.  With the book of Proverbs - Solomon was a man who lived and reigned and his words are thought provoking.  Sure you can pick and choose and take things out of context but to condemn any work of writing - compilations or direct works of an author - is the worst sort of control.  

I've had secular college courses that do a great job of using the Bible as a source document.  The dating of historical events (battles, deaths, births) is very accurate.  

Again, I hold it a little closer than a history book but that's my call...no one else's...and I would not slam it in anyone's face and say "believe it or go to Hell."

Not all Muslims believe the same things .. .  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7qixjza610L-d3IOrAK9kXSUsZR06kVa9Dr3DFeO1aka2kTTy

My college psychology instructors, who were liberal, didn't like to cover Sigmund Freud other than giving him mention... It probably had something to do with their Id.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFebnQoXEEg

Smile

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Damaged Eagle wrote:

My college psychology instructors, who were liberal, didn't like to cover Sigmund Freud other than giving him mention.

When I majored in psychology at Draft Dodger U. in the early 70's,
the whole psychology department thought Freud was no more than a witch doctor. lol

Th Dude wrote:It's strange that you can show enormous tolerance and seek to understand one religion... but then show extreme malice and vitriol to demean and marginalize another religion. That doesn't mesh with objective analysis... it's probably taught.

Especially when you are relatively safe in the bible belt... but would be persecuted and murdered in isis territory.

I guess there's no answer to this. That tells me that slingers religious dogma is without explanation... just another faith.

(indoctrination)

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Sal wrote:
Bob wrote:

I was brought up in Catholic schools and taken to Church every Sunday.

There were priests and nuns and teachers that would occasionally rail about "cafeteria Catholics".

That meant Catholics that went down the line picking and choosing the dogma they liked and discarding the rest.

It was meant as a derogatory term, but I came to believe that the vast majority of Christians are "cafeteria Christians".

And, I'm quite sure the same holds for Muslims.

Fundamentalism breeds extremism.
The vast majority of people are not extremists regardless of the religion.

Very well stated. Unfortunately, for all of us, it appears that religious moderates all too often ignore fundamentalism instead of vociferously pointing out what's wrong with it. It's not a Christian, Jewish or Muslim thing, it's a religious thing!

I don't see cafeteria Christians beheading people like I see Muslims

Markle

Markle

Not likely.

Reliability of your "source".
Not all Muslims believe the same things .. .  DailyKOSWeinerPresseraFake-1

Th Dude wrote:
Th Dude wrote:It's strange that you can show enormous tolerance and seek to understand one religion... but then show extreme malice and vitriol to demean and marginalize another religion. That doesn't mesh with objective analysis... it's probably taught.

I guess there's no answer to this. That tells me that slingers religious dogma is without explanation... just another faith.

(indoctrination)

At what point do you begin to question what you believe? Before you question my belief... check yourself.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Th Dude wrote:
Th Dude wrote:

(indoctrination)

At what point do you begin to question what you believe? Before you question my belief... check yourself.

Frankly, I was unaware you had a belief.
And as an Atheist I question everyone's beliefs.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:

Not likely.

Reliability of your "source".
Not all Muslims believe the same things .. .  DailyKOSWeinerPresseraFake-1
Reza Aslan is the expert I referred to. If you can't handle that, it's your problem dummy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum