Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New jobless claims plummet 36,000 to 280,000

+3
dumpcare
gatorfan
boards of FL
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://mam.econoday.com/byshoweventfull.asp?fid=460729&cust=mam&year=2014&lid=0&prev=/byweek.asp#top

gatorfan

Still trying to pick up that turd by the clean end?

boards of FL

boards of FL

I can lead you to do data, though I can't make you understand it.

dumpcare

Does it account for anyone over 65 or under on disability drawing ssdi?

gatorfan

boards of FL wrote:I can lead you to do data, though I can't make you understand it.

I could lead you to robust data but you aren't capable of understanding it. You seem to feel short term indicators are the way to go – when the numbers fit your narrowly focused agenda.

Your U3 number is a slight improvement over last month’s U3 but as usual the number is not indicative of the big picture.

Your little U3 is designed by the BLS to impress sheeple. Factoring in people the BLS chooses to ignore like part-timers and those who have given up looking for work because they can’t find a job (short and long term discouraged workers) the number is much worse.

The BIG picture number is around 23%. I do believe that is a record.

So keep trying to grab the clean end of that turd.

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:http://mam.econoday.com/byshoweventfull.asp?fid=460729&cust=mam&year=2014&lid=0&prev=/byweek.asp#top

PLUMETED by 35,000!

You just can't make these things up!

Labor Participation Rate Drops To Lowest Since 1978

September 5th, 2014

Tyler Durden: It is almost as if the Fed warned us this would happen. In a note released yesterday, a Fed working paper titled “Labor Force Participation: Recent Developments and Future Prospects“, looked at the US labor force and concluded that “while we see some of the current low level of the participation rate as indicative of labor market slack, we do not expect the participation rate to show a substantial increase from current levels as labor market conditions continue to improve.” But don’t blame it on the greatest recession/depression since 1929: “our overall assessment is that much – but not all – of the decline in the labor force participation rate since 2007 is structural in nature.”

Well that’s very odd, because it was only two months ago that the Census wrote the following: “Many older workers managed to stay employed during the recession; in fact, the population in age groups 65 and over were the only ones not to see a decline in the employment share from 2005 to 2010 (Figure 3-25)… Remaining employed and delaying retirement was one way of lessening the impact of the stock market decline and subsequent loss in retirement savings.”

http://etfdailynews.com/2014/09/05/labor-participation-rate-drops-to-lowest-since-1978-dow-jones-industrial-average/

boards of FL

boards of FL

ppaca wrote:Does it account for anyone over 65 or under on disability drawing ssdi?

It counts everyone who filed a new claim for unemployment, regardless of age or any other factor.

just think

if you could get everyone to stop looking for a job

the unemployment rate would be zero LOL

Lol Chrissy Wink

by boards of FL Today at 3:24 pm
I can lead you to do data, though I can't make you understand it.
------
Same for you on accidental deaths by guns

Markle

Markle

Chrissy* wrote:just think

Quite true!

2seaoat

New jobless claims plummet 36,000 to 280,000 Job-cr10

2seaoat

New jobless claims plummet 36,000 to 280,000 Chart-10

Markle wrote:
Chrissy* wrote:just think

Quite true!

I know right.

I guess they are pretending they dont know how the

unemployment rate is decided. The labor force in lowest since 1978

and you got to laugh that they still think that when rich people get richer from QE/wallstreet the economy is doing good.

poor things

bless thier hearts

2seaoat

11k people are retiring each day. Of those retiring, many are under the age of 65. Those people are no longer participating. The record of people leaving the workforce is directly linked to the babyboom bubble retiring and leaving the work force.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/wp/2014/07/24/do-10000-baby-boomers-retire-every-day/

It is hilarious to read this thread and see people denying good news for America. You cannot make up some of the responses. Desperate as they try revisionist history to deal with the black guy kicking asz. The trend is clear.....America is growing stronger, and stupid has found the Dixiecrat led Republican Party who collectively squeal about anything but the striking good trend of economic improvements from the bottom of the recession.

oh, so now the blame the boomer card lol

less than 25% of boomers saved for retirment

and 40% of boomers say they will work until they die

try and sugar coat the turd all you want

older people are having to work longer in this economy

and they didnt save

half of this country is 37 years of age or younger

and we have a labor force extremly low for our working population

not to mention people with college degrees cant even get jobs

most likey due to boomers NOT retiring and a weak job market

your going to need a ton of sugar to coat this turd but I still wont eat it, because I know shit when I smell it.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/40-of-unemployed-workers-are-millennials-2014-07-03

2seaoat

The labor participation rate is dropping like a rock because babyboomers can retire before 65 because of the great benefit of the ACA which severs the ball and chain of employment from health insurance so record numbers of people are retiring before 65. This is not rocket science. Yes, there are more people continuing to work over the age of 65 and this too is consistent with the large population bubble. Everything is magnified because of that bubble.

In regard to those people who are not voluntarily leaving the labor market, it is no anomaly that young people are the greatest percentage of unemployed. This has ALWAYS been the case.

Healthcare was a benefit first offered to workers because the great progressive fdr fixed wages nationally.

What compensation will take the place of that employment benefit? We don't see it in wages do we. Results matter.

Between 2010 and 2013, the average income of households in the top 5 percent increased more than 5 percent, while average incomes of those in the middle 60 percent actually declined overall

New jobless claims plummet 36,000 to 280,000 CPSCharticle_fig2

This concentration of post-recession income growth among the wealthiest households should come as no surprise given that those at the top of the income distribution have seen their share of the national economic pie expand for decades at the expense of the middle class
http://www.americanprogress.org/issues/economy/news/2014/09/16/97203/what-the-new-census-data-show-about-the-continuing-struggles-of-the-middle-class/

A dying middle class is NOT good for our economy.

part time jobs
http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2014/09/17/take-it-from-a-restaurant-executive-obamacare-is-shifting-workers-into-part-time-jobs/

FOOD STAMPS USAGE

It is currently down to about 46 million, in part because some states have reinstated work requirements. But total enrollment remains nearly triple the 17 million food stamp users in 2000. In 2009 nearly 39 million people were on food stamps, and the number rose to 44 million in 2010

lower wages, part time jobs, high food stamp usage, dying middle class, the feds making the top 0.01% even more wealthy with QE

sure, sugar coat that turd.

2seaoat

Nothing to sugar coat on income inequality. It is the greatest risk to America. The solution is simple. Return the estate tax, corporate taxes, and personal taxes to the 1985 rates. Free employers from the ball and chain of providing health care to their employees, and pass medicare for all with a 3% national sales tax. The corporations will save money and our industry will become competitive in the world market not carrying health care as a component of costs.

Invest massively in this country's infrastructure from the increased revenue. Grow the private sector employment and continue to shrink government employment in particular in the criminal justice system where 25% cuts should be made over the next decade. Give 100% tax credits for the first two years on any company who creates American manufacturing jobs which is currently a job overseas. Convene GATT trade talks which allow fair tariffs where products are being illegally dumped in America at prices below actual costs which destroys our industry. Reduce military expenditures 10% over the next ten years. Increase the minimum wage to 1968 levels adjusted for inflation over the next decade.

Defeat the Dixiecrat Republican Party which has become the party for the one percent in every election at every level until they return to the Main Street Republican Party of my youth. President Clinton will have the Senate and a good probability of the House by 2018 and she must act boldly to address tax rates, the drug war, the estate tax, criminal justice reductions, medicare for all, and military reductions. America is heading in the right direction once a wooden spike is put in the heart of Dixiecrats.

knothead

knothead

2seaoat wrote:Nothing to sugar coat on income inequality.  It is the greatest risk to America.  The solution is simple.  Return the estate tax, corporate taxes, and personal taxes to the 1985 rates.  Free employers from the ball and chain of providing health care to their employees, and pass medicare for all with a 3% national sales tax.  The corporations will save money and our industry will become competitive in the world market not carrying health care as a component of costs.

Invest massively in this country's infrastructure from the increased revenue.  Grow the private sector employment and continue to shrink government employment in particular in the criminal justice system where 25% cuts should be made over the next decade.   Give 100% tax credits for the first two years on any company who creates American manufacturing jobs which is currently a job overseas.  Convene GATT trade talks which allow fair tariffs where products are being illegally dumped in America at prices below actual costs which destroys our industry.  Reduce military expenditures 10% over the next ten years.   Increase the minimum wage to 1968 levels adjusted for inflation over the next decade.

Defeat the Dixiecrat Republican Party which has become the party for the one percent in every election at every level until they return to the Main Street Republican Party of my youth.   President Clinton will have the Senate and a good probability of the House by 2018 and she must act boldly to address tax rates, the drug war, the estate tax, criminal justice reductions, medicare for all, and military reductions.   America is heading in the right direction once a wooden spike is put in the heart of Dixiecrats.

cheers cheers cheers

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:New jobless claims plummet 36,000 to 280,000 Job-cr10

You're a joke. A FOUR year old chart. Come on, step up, show the chart from the time President Bush took office through today.

Show us the chart from the beginning of the administration of President George Bush.

Your desperation is stunning and should be embarrassing to yourself but that is doubtful.

Last edited by Markle on 9/19/2014, 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

dumpcare

Hey just saw in Tampa paper unemployment went up in Florida.

Can you buy porterhouse steaks with food stamps? If so I'm there. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ppaca wrote:Hey just saw in Tampa paper unemployment went up in Florida.

Can you buy porterhouse steaks with food stamps? If so I'm there. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Lovie Smith is getting a new job....ping pong coach.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum