Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A thread for anyone who fancy's himself to be a fan of blues music. And for those who will become fans after listening to this.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

p.s. I would be remiss if I didn't add this. Two things are great aids in fully enjoying this experience. One is mild intoxication. Not drunkeness, intoxication.
And two is a decent sound system. For gods sake if you're listening to internet music with a pair of those dimestore PC speakers that aint cuttin it.
I'm using a JBL system with a really good powered sub bought at a yard sale for five bucks. I see similiar deals about every other Saturday. Well four Saturday's at the outside anyway. That is the one thing about getting this crap for so cheap. Best Buy and Amazon and eBay have it in stock all the time. My store don't. lol

Boy that was a lot of unnecessary bullshit in between the title and the music.
Please disregard all that and concentrate on some blues that will rival any of it.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

If you're like me you did a double take when the guitar player first got on camera. You were saying to yourself "I'll be damned that's Clapton".

Nope. Hadley Hockensmith. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

By the way, what I referred to as the "dimestore" PC speakers.
To help translate my own writing, those are the speakers which can be found EVERY Saturday. And usually at two or three (or more sales). And someone will invariably have them priced at a dollar or less. I've seen them for 25 cents.
I bought a little package with 10 screws in it at Home Depot and that sucker cost $1.49.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Floridatexan wrote:

Ah yes. The little ditty that gave birth to the modern Confederacy's national anthem. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

They're both great.  It's hard to pick between the statement and the response.
I guess I have to go with the response being I've lived all my life in Dixie.  To do otherwise would make me a traitor.  Especially since I love my part of the country.  
But anyway here is the response...

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:p.s.  I would be remiss if I didn't add this.  Two things are great aids in fully enjoying this experience.  One is mild intoxication.  Not drunkeness,  intoxication.  
And two is a decent sound system.  For gods sake if you're listening to internet music with a pair of those dimestore PC speakers that aint cuttin it.
I'm using a JBL system with a really good powered sub bought at a yard sale for five bucks.  I see similiar deals about every other Saturday.  Well four Saturday's at the outside anyway.  That is the one thing about getting this crap for so cheap.  Best Buy and Amazon and eBay have it in stock all the time.  My store don't.  lol

Boy that was a lot of unnecessary bullshit in between the title and the music.
Please disregard all that and concentrate on some blues that will rival any of it.

I recently bought a surround sound system in separate components based on a number of reviews. Frankly, I was astounded at the drop in price. I bought the whole set of six speakers with a bass, a Sony digital amp with wi-fi and a smart Television. I'm just beginning to enjoy all the features.

My six new speakers cost about what one of my OLD speakers cost decades ago. Same with the amp. The sound was shocking for me. Clearly superior to my old system. I've watched movies in surround sound and found myself getting up looking for cats or critters that were meowing or other sounds. Then I realized the sounds were so real and were coming from the back speakers.

SO COOL! I admit it has taken me several weeks to figure out all the gizmo's.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum