Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alabama Judge Mark Fuller Arrested in Atlanta for Battery on his Wife

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://m.ajc.com/news/news/breaking-news/federal-judge-arrested-for-battery/ngyss/

Breaking News
Updated: 3:29 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 10, 2014 | Posted: 2:05 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 10, 2014
Federal judge arrested in Atlanta; accused of assaulting wife

By Chris Joyner

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Alabama Judge Mark Fuller Arrested in Atlanta for Battery on his Wife Judge-fuller

Atlanta police arrested a federal judge Saturday evening on charges that he assaulted his wife.

U.S. District Court Judge Mark Fuller was charged with misdemeanor battery and taken to the Fulton County jail around 2:30 Sunday morning.

Fuller, 55, is a judge in the Middle District of Alabama and presided over the 2006 bribery trial of former Alabama Gov. Don Siegelman and HealthSouth CEO Richard Scrushy. According to a jail official, the judge has a 9 a.m. Monday court appearance and was expected to remain in jail overnight.

Police responded to the Ritz-Carlton Hotel at 181 Peachtree Street at 10:47 p.m. According to Atlanta police spokeswoman Kim Jones, officers spoke to Fuller’s wife, “who stated she was assaulted by her husband.” Fuller’s wife, who was not named by police, was treated by paramedics but refused treatment at a hospital.

Fuller was nominated to the bench in 2002 by President George W. Bush and has been a controversial figure in Alabama politics, largely for his role in the Siegelman trial. Siegelman’s family members and supporters claim the former governor’s prosecution was politically motivated and that Fuller should have recused himself for conflicts of interest.

Makes you happy huh? I suppose you think that liberals don't exhibit the same behavior?

Makes you happy huh? I suppose you think that liberals don't exhibit the same behavior?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I just don't like corrupt judges.

http://www.opednews.com/articles/1/Alabama-Judicial-Scandal-C-by-Andrew-Kreig-120517-323.html

General News 5/17/2012 at 22:10:10
Alabama Judicial Scandal Could Taint Many Cases, Not Just Siegelman's

By Andrew Kreig

An Alabama newspaper exposed a scandal May 16 that deserves national prominence that will not occur without you as participants in the alternative and social media.

The headline was "Federal judge's lengthy affair with court worker is exposed."

This is a scandal not simply for the judge, Mark Everett Fuller, shown above in a photo by my research colleague Phil Fleming. It is a lifetime shame for those in the Justice Department, federal court system and the United States Senate who have coddled and protected him for an entire decade during his obvious previous disgraces.
A decade ago, Alabama's pension officials accused Fuller of trying to bilk the system out of $330,000 by his advocacy of unmerited pension benefits for a former staffer.

Yet Alabama's two Republican senators, Richard Shelby and Jeff Sessions, pushed Fuller forward for a lifetime appointment, which Fuller received from voice vote by the United States Senate with no serious discussion of his past.

Fuller and his court staff were able to hide from public view a 180-page impeachment filing against him in 2003 with no apparent attempt at investigation. In 2006, he presided over one of the nation's most sinister political prosecutions in modern times. The defense did not know that the judge was also being enriched via a military contracting company, Doss Aviation, receiving hundreds of millions of dollars in no-bid Bush contracts.

A corrupt federal judge is in position to create vast harm in both civil and criminal cases, especially when he controls the court administrative system, as Fuller did during a seven-year term from 2004 to 2011 as chief judge for Alabama's most important federal district. This is the middle district surrounding the capital city of Montgomery.

Let's start with this week's disclosures and then get to the implications.

Montgomery Independent Publisher and Editor Bob Martin published a front-page news story quoting divorce papers filed April 10 by Lisa Boyd Fuller, the judge's estranged wife of three decades. Her papers strongly suggested adultery. Her interrogatories asked about drug use. Martin reported:

Those in a position to know report the affair by Judge Fuller, conducted with his former Courtroom Deputy Clerk and bailiff, Kelli Gregg, has been ongoing for four or five years, and is basically an "open secret" in the building.

Martin supplemented his news article with an editorial that said he was uncomfortable writing about a divorce.

"However," he continued, "the matter discussed here is not about a divorce, but rather about a betrayal of the public trust by an individual holding one of the highest positions in our Nation...that of making decisions affecting the life, liberty and property of us all."..."

Then where is your list of liberal judges that are also to have been found corrupt?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bull Shit, FT. You posted the article because he was appointed by Bush.

No one gives a damn except you. Whatever makes you miserable on a daily basis, keep it up.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Joanimaroni wrote:Bull Shit, FT.  You posted the article because he was appointed by Bush.

No one gives a damn except you. Whatever makes you miserable on a daily basis, keep it up.

Shut up, you old harpy.

Alabama Judge Mark Fuller Arrested in Atlanta for Battery on his Wife Harpy_by_megamoth

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Floridatexan wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Bull Shit, FT.  You posted the article because he was appointed by Bush.

Shut up, you old harpy.

Alabama Judge Mark Fuller Arrested in Atlanta for Battery on his Wife Harpy_by_megamoth

Self portrait of FT. Try smiling, once every 6-8 months. You might feel better about yourself.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I'm perfectly fine, but I'm tired of your insults. I posted an article about a corrupt judge. The fact that he was appointed by Bush is incidental to the rest of it, except that this happens to be the judge who went on a witch hunt with Karl Rove to "get" Don Siegelman.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Floridatexan wrote:
I'm perfectly fine, but I'm tired of your insults.  I posted an article about a corrupt judge.  The fact that he was appointed by Bush is incidental to the rest of it, except that this happens to be the judge who went on a witch hunt with Karl Rove to "get" Don Siegelman.

Why would you be tired of insults? You dish them out on a regular basis to Pacedog, Markel, and me. And of course any other political adversary.

Old harpy? Did you reallly
Post that to Joanie? Lol roflmao

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum