Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Day The Other Forum Passed Away

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

For all you audience and members of the other forum, I just want to inform you all that it passed away suddenly this morning at 8:00 AM. The cause of its passing was hunger. It was not being fed enough to sustain its life blood.

On a more serious side. The last time I closed it the daily usage was 2.41 users per day. I allowed some of your to talk me into reopening it, which I did. Some of the one that I heard from about reopening then never even made an appearance let alone post anything new. I daily usage has now fallen to 1.31 per day. Of the member that we had, only 2 showed up with any consistency and that was Eric and SheSurfs, for which I thank them for, at least they tried to keep it going.

Several people registered the day or within a few days of my starting the forum and never made a visit back, let alone post anything at all. Folks, I tried, it didn't work out and now time to move on. I hold no ill will toward anyone. It was an experiment on my part that failed, nothing more, nothing less.

Ghost, I tried before the last passing to make post. hardly anyone responded to me but eric and you. So i felt like no one there really wanted to conversate with me so I stayed off it to see if it would pick up.

also, it became a chore to try and post topics there and then here. I use a lap top and its a pain in the ass for me to copy and paste info into topics. This whole thing living without a mouse is new to me. the little finger moving thinggy is hard.

Im sorry for the passing of your forum. You did a good service and made a valuable point with it.

May it rest in peace...

Thanks, man.

Chrissy8 wrote:Ghost, I tried before the last passing to make post. hardly anyone responded to me but eric and you. So i felt like no one there really wanted to conversate with me so I stayed off it to see if it would pick up.

also, it became a chore to try and post topics there and then here. I use a lap top and its a pain in the ass for me to copy and paste info into topics. This whole thing living without a mouse is new to me. the little finger moving thinggy is hard.

Im sorry for the passing of your forum. You did a good service and made a valuable point with it.

May it rest in peace...

Chrissy, I use a USB (wireless) mouse with my laptop. The USB thingy sticks out about a quarter inch on the laptop... No biggie. It is a pain in the ass to use a trackpad!

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yes thanks for starting it. You were trying to provide a well moderated forum that people could discuss events on without getting abused and you did that very well. This place calmed down after it looked like we would all abandon it so I think you did a service for all of us.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:For all you audience and members of the other forum, I just want to inform you all that it passed away suddenly this morning at 8:00 AM. The cause of its passing was hunger. It was not being fed enough to sustain its life blood.

On a more serious side. The last time I closed it the daily usage was 2.41 users per day. I allowed some of your to talk me into reopening it, which I did. Some of the one that I heard from about reopening then never even made an appearance let alone post anything new. I daily usage has now fallen to 1.31 per day. Of the member that we had, only 2 showed up with any consistency and that was Eric and SheSurfs, for which I thank them for, at least they tried to keep it going.

Several people registered the day or within a few days of my starting the forum and never made a visit back, let alone post anything at all. Folks, I tried, it didn't work out and now time to move on. I hold no ill will toward anyone. It was an experiment on my part that failed, nothing more, nothing less.

I was pretty consistent, Ghost.

There are frequent time periods - about three days a week in a row - that I can barely post at all. I hope you didn't take that as disinterest. It wasn't.

I posted about the weather, gardening, health care, and pets. There were times I felt like I was taking over the forum.

Anyhow, I did try.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

It was a very commendable thing you did to try to provide a forum for us, ghost. You will go down in the annals of forumdum as one of the true pioneers.

Yes I know I could have said the "anals" instead but that sort of predictable attempt at humor is just highly inappropriate on an austere occasion like this.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:It was a very commendable thing you did to try to provide a forum for us, ghost. You will go down in the annals of forumdum as one of the true pioneers.

Yes I know I could have said the "anals" instead but that sort of predictable attempt at humor is just highly inappropriate on an austere occasion like this.

The Day The Other Forum Passed Away Tumblr_m86fo0ddiX1rwcc6bo1_250

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

The Day The Other Forum Passed Away YyuiU

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Ghost, if you're not able to continue the Everyday forum, and Eric is unable to take it, I'll be happy to do so. There may be days I won't be able to moderate, but I'm willing to give it a try. I still believe in the forum, and I don't want to see it go.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

The Day The Other Forum Passed Away Ibs658r01HICNE

PBulldog2 wrote:Ghost, if you're not able to continue the Everyday forum, and Eric is unable to take it, I'll be happy to do so. There may be days I won't be able to moderate, but I'm willing to give it a try. I still believe in the forum, and I don't want to see it go.

I think thats a good idea.

Same here. Paul, my offer still stands.

Yella

Yella

TEOTWAWKI wrote:The Day The Other Forum Passed Away YyuiU

That big ol' gal in the blue shirt oughta tryout as a middle linebacker on some NFL team.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum