Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

“We need to hold the federal government responsible for this.”

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Texas/2014/07/03/Exclusive-Texas-Weighs-Lawsuit-Against-Federal-Government-Over-Border-Crisis

AUSTIN, Texas— In a Breitbart Texas exclusive, Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott revealed the State of Texas is considering suing the federal government over the costs associated with the current border crisis, primarily involving unaccompanied minors and incomplete family units from Central America.

“There are costs to all of this: the humanitarian crisis, healthcare, and law enforcement demands. As Attorney General, I am looking into taking legal action against the United States,” said Abbott.

The State of Texas previously sued the federal government in the 1990’s over the costs of healthcare, education, and law enforcement costs. The state alleged that the federal government’s failure to meet it’s border security obligations should result in the federal reimbursement to the state over associated costs. The suit ultimately failed after the 5th Circuit Court ruled against Texas.

http://launch.newsinc.com/share.html?trackingGroup=90085&siteSection=breitbart_nws_pol_sty_vmppap&videoId=26315745

I'd trade this nation for a fair arbiter that can follow straight forward rules... like a constitution.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

The President is asking Congress for 2 Billion already. A law suit hardly seems more than a temper tantrum at this point. Why don't they wait and see what happens? They might get the money without going to court. Didn't this happen?

(Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama is to ask Congress for more than $2 billion to deal with the surge in unaccompanied children from Central America flooding into the United States along its southern border.

Obama will make the request for emergency funding in a letter on Monday, asking Congress to act when it returns from a holiday recess on July 7, a White House official said on Sunday.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/06/29/us-usa-immigration-obama-idUSKBN0F40RE20140629

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Why bother having immigration laws. Hell having any laws when some turd politician can just disregard them for political gain...

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PkrBum wrote:I'd trade this nation for a fair arbiter that can follow straight forward rules... like a constitution.

Like Reagan and Iran/Contra?

Kind of makes you wish for the good ol' days!

othershoe1030 wrote:
PkrBum wrote:I'd trade this nation for a fair arbiter that can follow straight forward rules... like a constitution.

If you think this was directed solely at obama... you are sadly mistaken. The results are simply progressing...

no matter the party.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PkrBum wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

If you think this was directed solely at obama... you are sadly mistaken. The results are simply progressing...

no matter the party.

Thank you for the clarification. I just wanted to remind readers that previous presidents have not been very good at following the Constitution regardless of what actions anyone may think about this administration.

othershoe1030 wrote:

And he was smacked down for doing so. Funny how you liberals forget things as they actually happened.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

And he was smacked down for doing so. Funny how you liberals forget things as they actually happened.

Reagan wasn't "smacked down"...far from it. Ollie North took the hit. Even Bush walked away with barely a wrinkle. There was a huge PR campaign to counter the charges...which were substantial.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Here are some fun facts about Greg Abbott, who's running for Governor:

http://lonestarproject.net/reports/search?field_report_section_tid=All&field_tag_a_person_tid=greg+abbott&body_value=

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum