Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nine people were wounded in gunfire on Bourbon Street early Sunday just around the corner from Pat O'Brien's and Preservation Hall.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2014/06/bourbon_street_shooting_leaves.html

You need to have your head in a swivel when you go down there. I was there last month with my spouse to pick up her daughter and it was nerve wracking with four sixteen year olds who wanted to walk and see the sights.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

It's a unique place.  I've been visiting it on business and pleasure since I was 18.  
In the beginning I took the L&N passenger train from Flomaton to NO.  Then after that I bought a student discount round-trip ticket on National Airlines for $12.  And booked a room at the Montelone for $8 a night.
By then I was also road-tripping it over with friends.  
That was in the sixties and I've been going ever since.
I went to Manhattan and San Francisco both within the last two years.  I did so thinking those places could be as cool as New Orleans.  
Let's put it this way,  after I returned from San Francisco I sat down and planned another visit to New Orleans.  No contest when it comes to sheer raw history, architechture,  arts,  melting pot, music, food, culture, or anything else with the exception of one.  SF has more old electric streetcars.

So I hope the cops kill these sons of bitches who did this before they ever get to trial.  And if there was a reward for that I'd donate to it.

My uncle used to bartend at pat obrien's back many years ago.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I enjoy going to the French Quarter.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum