Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another opportunity for improvement, why not?

+3
ZVUGKTUBM
Joanimaroni
othershoe1030
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

othershoe1030 wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:My, my, my, what interesting reactions to discovering that we are among three nations that do not provide paid family leave.

Why is there no curiosity re how other countries (except two others and us) have set this up? Why do we not see this benefit single-handedly causing the destruction of the global economy? Obviously all the other countries have figured out how to do this and find value in it.

As for claiming that we are not number one because we are comparing ourselves
to "lower grade countries", I presume that means less developed? So if other countries have lower infant mortality and longer life expectancy rates they are really inferior to the United States because...why? This defies all reason.

I guess I shouldn't have been shocked (and really wasn't) by the knee jerk, gut reactions of the folks posting here. But I think this is part of our problem of being able to evaluate and improve our country in a less emotional way than that shown here.

If we can not even acknowledge the existence of actual facts and a basic reality about our performance as a nation in various fields such as health care, infant mortality, life expectancy, efficiency of the health care system, rate of unwanted pregnancies, housing, income gaps, educational levels, etc. then we will never be able to improve and make life better for our citizens.

I know, I know, it is each person's individual responsibility to climb the ladder of success for him/her self. We all know this and have heard this expressed loud and clear over and over on this forum, and I totally agree with this outlook to a great extent, however, there seems to be a significant difference between the ladder we have set up for our citizens to climb and those created by other countries for their people.

In our passion to love this country we should not exclude the option of looking at it with a clear eye to the disregard of reality. How can we improve by keeping the blinders of non-rational pseudo patriotism on?

Does China, India, and all the other countries that use child labor offer this incentive to the laborers?

Read the article.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/23/your-money/us-trails-much-of-the-world-in-providing-paid-family-leave.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Another opportunity for improvement, why not? - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTgs9y5NGSFjR0w-Oj1-eh9z-aOVFVBwc9luRZp_GrVBQ3bWgW

Answer the question. Oh wait! I see... You support child labor even if it's in countries that are supposed to be so much better than we are.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diOuUYcenW0

Smile 

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum