Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do Not Adjust Your Television Sets

+3
Floridatexan
Hospital Bob
Sal
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sal

Sal

It is June 22, 2014, and Dick Cheney is on the Sunday morning talking head shows advocating 20,000 troops on the ground in Iraq, and blaming President Obama for the power vacuum in the Sunni Triangle.

What is wrong with this picture (other than the fact he is not wearing an orange jumpsuit)?

How the fuck does this lunatic have any forum at all on which to address Iraq?

Our media is pathetic. 

The man can't leave the country for fear of arrest for war crimes, and we're seeking his advice on foreign policy. 

Completely and insanely dishonest on every level. 

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I didn't get to watch any of the Sunday morning news shows.  Which one was he on where he advocated sending 20,000 troops back over there?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

If I was Obama, I would tell Cheney I'll agree to send 20,000 more troops over there if Cheney and Rumsfeld and all those other chickenhawks would be on the front lines leading the charge.

why do you care so much about what anyone says from the past.

we are almost 6 years into obamas rule.

I suppose its better to focus on things from the past instead of focusing on the here and now problems.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Excellent point,  Chrissy.  While you're at it,  tell those fox news and talk radio retards to shut the fuck up about that goddamn B movie actor who made movies with chimps.  He's been wormfood for ten years.  At least Cheney's mechanical heart is still pumping (unfortunately).  lol

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Ti wrote:why do you care so much about what anyone says from the past.

I suppose its better to focus on things from the past instead of focusing on the here and now problems.

Let me spell it out for you...since you're so slow on the uptake. The problems we are facing now ORIGINATED IN THE PAST.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://fair.org/extra-online-articles/right-and-early/

Right and Early
Sunday morning shows are GOP TV

By Peter Hart

"If the Sunday morning TV chat shows seem like a sea of Republican politicians and conservative spinners lately, it’s not your imagination.
While you might expect to see a lot of Republican candidates and their surrogates in the thick of a Republican primary contest, the four Sunday morning talk shows—ABC’s This Week, NBC’s Meet the Press, CBS’s Face the Nation and Fox News Sunday—have been extraordinarily friendly terrain for the right, as a new FAIR study documents.
Evaluating the guest lists for the eight months from June 2011 through February 2012, FAIR found a distinct conservative skew in both one-on-one interview segments and roundtable discussions.
Bob Schieffer--Photo Credit: Michael Foley
Bob Schieffer--Photo Credit: Michael Foley
On November 6, Face the Nation host Bob Schieffer introduced his show as featuring a “cross-section of Republicans”—turning the discussion over to surrogates for Republican presidential candidates and various party operatives.
That kind of lineup was hardly unusual. The same day, in fact, ABC This Week’s panel featured three conservatives—George Will, Niall Ferguson and Matthew Dowd—and left-liberal Arianna Huffington. Mean-while, on NBC that Sunday, viewers were treated to a different kind of imbalance: A panel featuring two right-wing guests—Republican political operative Alex Castellanos and Wall Street Journal columnist Kimberly Strassel—paired with two centrist journalists.
These imbalances were indicative of the larger patterns seen over the course of the study period. As one might expect, U.S. government sources—current officials, former lawmakers, political candidates, party-affiliated political operatives and campaign advisers—dominated the Sunday shows overall, accounting for 47 percent of appearances (445 out of 943). Following closely behind were journalists, who, with 406 appearances, were 43 percent of sources. Most were middle-of-the-road Beltway political reporters..."

(more detail at site)

Floridatexan wrote:

Let me spell it out for you...since you're so slow on the uptake.  The problems we are facing now ORIGINATED IN THE PAST.  

Ill be sure to tell my boss if I cant fix problems that originated in the past after 5 years. I'm sure they will give me a pass LOL

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Ti wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Let me spell it out for you...since you're so slow on the uptake.  The problems we are facing now ORIGINATED IN THE PAST.  

Ill be sure to tell my boss if I cant fix problems that originated in the past after 5 years. I'm sure they will give me a pass LOL

If you have a problem that keeps cropping up after more than 5 years, then it was never fixed. DUH.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Megyn Kelly is hot. And after she told off that Cheney asshole, she got even hotter.
If you don't think she's sexy, Chrissy, you need to go back to men.

Do Not Adjust Your Television Sets Megyn-kelly

Floridatexan wrote:
Ti wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

If you have a problem that keeps cropping up after more than 5 years, then it was never fixed.  DUH.

I agree. LOL

and you are dumb, thanks for dissing yourself.  Laughing 

Bob wrote:Megyn Kelly is hot.  And after she told off that Cheney asshole,  she got even hotter.
If you don't think she's sexy,  Chrissy,  you need to go back to men.

OMG, good job at trying to distract me bob.

Looking at that made me wet.  Embarassed 

Bob wrote:Megyn Kelly is hot. And after she told off that Cheney asshole, she got even hotter.
If you don't think she's sexy, Chrissy, you need to go back to men.

holy moly..!!

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PkrBum wrote:
Bob wrote:Megyn Kelly is hot.  And after she told off that Cheney asshole,  she got even hotter.

holy moly..!!

I like girls that lean over to fart...

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Ti wrote:

Thanks for making me feel nauseous.

Dreamsglore wrote:
Ti wrote:

Thanks for making me feel nauseous.

Smile glad I could help.

Markle

Markle

They care because they don't want it brought to the publics attention that this is ANOTHER massive failure by President Barack Hussein Obama.

Had we maintained 20,000 to 40,000 troops in Iraq, as was the original plan by President George Bush, ISIS would not be conquering Iraq and Syria. From there they will be able to launch terrorist attacks anywhere in Europe or the United States.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

http://www.pnj.com/story/news/military/2014/06/21/iraq-collapse-leaves-vets-feeling-gutted/11219993/

The local Iraq war vets in the article above are against any further on the ground intervention in Iraq by the U.S.

Retired Navy aviator Dan Cain of Molino, whose tours included the command of some U.S. warplanes in Iraq in 2003, said watching on television as rebels advance through town after town and take Iraqi troops prisoner "is sickening."

Still, he's against the use of American air support in the current struggle.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sal

Sal

Markle wrote:

They care because they don't want it brought to the publics attention that this is ANOTHER massive failure by President Barack Hussein Obama.

Had we maintained 20,000 to 40,000 troops in Iraq, as was the original plan by President George Bush, ISIS would not be conquering Iraq and Syria.  From there they will be able to launch terrorist attacks anywhere in Europe or the United States.

Dubya broke a rotten egg in Iraq, and Markie would like us to please blame Obama for not putting the yoke back together and clearing the stench.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:I didn't get to watch any of the Sunday morning news shows.  Which one was he on where he advocated sending 20,000 troops back over there?

It was the Stephanopoulos Show, where the Dick also had this to say ....

CHENEY: With all—all due respect, John, I was a strong supporter then of going into Iraq, I'm a strong supporter now. Everybody knows what my position is. There's nothing to be argued about there. But if we spend our time debating what happened 11 or 12 years ago, we're going to miss the threat that is growing and that we do face. Rand Paul, with all due respect, is basically an isolationist. He doesn't believe we ought to be involved in that part of the world.

I'm sorry, you rancid sack of shit, but I disagree.

And, the proper location to hold that argument would be the Hague.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Sal wrote:
Bob wrote:I didn't get to watch any of the Sunday morning news shows.  Which one was he on where he advocated sending 20,000 troops back over there?

It was the Stephanopoulos Show, where the Dick also had this to say ....

CHENEY: With all—all due respect, John, I was a strong supporter then of going into Iraq, I'm a strong supporter now. Everybody knows what my position is. There's nothing to be argued about there. But if we spend our time debating what happened 11 or 12 years ago, we're going to miss the threat that is growing and that we do face. Rand Paul, with all due respect, is basically an isolationist. He doesn't believe we ought to be involved in that part of the world.

I'm sorry, you rancid sack of shit, but I disagree.

And, the proper location to hold that argument would be the Hague.

These are people who think they never make mistakes. Bush couldn't think of one thing he'd change in his administration when asked that by a reporter. Even after no WMDs were found they still thought they were right. You just can't argue with that sort of hubris.

Why anyone would want the opinion from the group that got it all wrong is beyond understanding.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:

Had we maintained 20,000 to 40,000 troops in Iraq, as was the original plan by President George Bush, ISIS would not be conquering Iraq and Syria.

If our government maintained a permanent occupation of Iraq to protect a shia regime, and shut out all the sunnis from any participation in their government,
it would be like if another country came over here and occupied us in order to keep the democrats in power forever.
You and me and pacedog and most of us reading this would be bombing and terrorizing the occupying force AND THE NATION WHICH SENT IT using any means we could muster. And if you would not be doing that YOU would be the traitor.

The red line was the non-compliance with the un inspections. I still didn't agree with invading... but the fact is saddam would probably still be dictating iraq if he had complied with the un terms to which he agreed after invading kuwait.

Why do y'all keep twisting such recent history? I think you're supposed to wait a few decades for people to forget.

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:but the fact is saddam would probably still be dictating iraq if he had complied with the un terms to which he agreed after invading kuwait.

No he wouldn't

Saddam held onto power through fear and intimidation.

Show the emperor has no clothes, and that is gone like the wind.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum