Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The emails Bergdahl sent to his parents reveal his state of mind.

+4
Markle
dumpcare
Sal
Hospital Bob
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

2seaoat

Stupid. Just plain stupid. Guess he was following John Kerry's lead.

The Viet Nam war is questioned here by it's veterans as the enemy were simply nationalist defending their country, and now the Taliban who had been in control of the country were invaded by us and they suddenly become terrorists? How fricking stupid does the Propagandists think the American public are with this huge fear of these folks held in Gitmo......I am certain if they return to the battlefield they will export their terrorism just like the North Viet Nam terrorist took down our nation for forty years after the war..........duh......double duh.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PACEDOG#1 wrote:by Dreamsglore on 6/6/2014, 2:59 am
My ex-husband threw his medals overboard upon returning from Viet Nam and the horrors there.
-------
Stupid. Just plain stupid. Guess he was following John Kerry's lead.

No, he had a conscience and you don't!

2seaoat wrote:Stupid. Just plain stupid. Guess he was following John Kerry's lead.

The Viet Nam war is questioned here by it's veterans as the enemy were simply nationalist defending their country, and now the Taliban who had been in control of the country were invaded by us and they suddenly become terrorists? How fricking stupid does the Propagandists think the American public are with this huge fear of these folks held in Gitmo......I am certain if they return to the battlefield they will export their terrorism just like the North Viet Nam terrorist took down our nation for forty years after the war..........duh......double duh.

http://america.aljazeera.com/opinions/2014/6/guantanamo-detaineestalibanbergdahlswap.html

Controversy has arisen over the U.S. government deal that released five Taliban prisoners held for years in Guantánamo Bay in exchange for Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, an American soldier captured and held in Afghanistan since June 2009. Critics have called the decision hypocritical.

There is a case that can be made for the allegation. The five Taliban were arguably among those who had actually committed crimes, if fighting foreign troops who invaded their country could be deemed an offense. At the very least, they had taken part in hostilities and might, originally, have been legitimately detained as bona fide prisoners of war — a position that would be more defensible if only the U.S. respected the Geneva Conventions.

Compare those five men to the 78 detainees remaining in Guantánamo Bay who have been held there for 12 years or more and yet have been cleared for release for half that time. With the Taliban five headed for freedom, the cleared prisoners now make up more than 52 percent of the 149 detainees left there. Has there ever existed another prison where more than half the prisoners were told they had been cleared to leave but they could not go?

So, yes, it is certainly ironic that those who were purportedly guilty should be liberated while the patently innocent should remain.

The question must be asked, though: Who is the fool, and who is the hypocrite?

Last edited by PkrBum on 6/8/2014, 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total

2seaoat

mere speculation.....show me the trial convictions or not guilty verdicts of the courts......congress has stopped that process and now the President has cleverly began the discussion of what we will do with these illegally held detainees. An American disgrace, and a stain which will not be quickly removed.

They were prosecuted in the US because they aren't US citiZens ditz.

I've ceased to believe that your position of apologist that pales carney or rice is sincere... it's simply not possible.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Fact: None of the five Afghan POWs that were traded for Bergdahl were ever prosecuted by the U.S.  The lead U.S. attorney for Guantanamo prosecutions said he was not presented with prosecutable evidence on any of the five Obama traded, and that's why they weren't tried.

The facts are, these five and many other Afghan captives have been investigated and there was not enough evidence against them to try them for any crimes against the U.S.

Keep in mind that we did try Osama bin Ladin's driver -- but not these five.

They would be released sooner or later anyway.

Reality.

Markle

Markle

My far left Progressive good friends here would have one believe that those terrorists were accused of having held up a filling station.

What few of those Progressives acknowledge too is that their home countries will not take those terrorists back. They don't want them either.

Next stop for the Obama Five, back to terrorist leadership in Afghanistan.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:My far left Progressive good friends here would have one believe that those terrorists were accused of having held up a filling station.

What few of those Progressives acknowledge too is that their home countries will not take those terrorists back.  They don't want them either.

Next stop for the Obama Five, back to terrorist leadership in Afghanistan.

The five in question were captured more than a decade ago. The Taliban has done quite well without them since then. It might be better for us to have these proven incompetents in leadership positions in today's Taliban!

PkrBum wrote:I've ceased to believe that your position of apologist that pales carney or rice is sincere... it's simply not possible.

Oh believe it. This is the new zombie apocalypse. These Obama worshipers take the cake. Somehow they must have gotten hypnotized. that's the only logical conclusion I can muster.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum