Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I've been studying on this Bergdahl swap and I think I finally have a handle on it.

+2
Sal
Hospital Bob
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I think the bottom line on it is Obama wanted to get some positive news coverage to help offset all the negative coverage he's been getting.

So along comes an opportunity to bring back a soldier who's been held as a POW for five years. And that would give him the same glory as his announcement that he executed Bin Laden.

I believe Obama and his people just did not think this through because they were just not competent enough to do so.
I see it as being just that simple. No conspiracy. No hidden agenda. Nothing else.

Or maybe Bob, he just didn't think it was right to leave a POW over there to die. He is an American soldier. Dead or alive he belongs back in this country and will be judged by his country.

Sal

Sal

"We have a basic principle. We do not leave anybody wearing the American uniform behind. We had a prisoner of war whose health had deteriorated and we were deeply concerned about, and we saw an opportunity and we seized it, and I make no apologies for that."

"But this basic principle that we don't leave anybody behind and this basic recognition that often means prisoner exchanges with enemies is not unique to my administration."

- President Obama 06/05/14

by Dreamsglore Today at 1:04 pm
Or maybe Bob, he just didn't think it was right to leave a POW over there to die. He is an American soldier. Dead or alive he belongs back in this country and will be judged by his country.
-----j
He was not a POW. POWs are captured while fighting , not walking off from his guard duty post. Obama has stepped in his crank with this decision. As usual, the community organizer screws the pooch on FP issues .

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:Or maybe Bob, he just didn't think it was right to leave a POW over there to die. He is an American soldier. Dead or alive he belongs back in this country and will be judged by his country.

I've been studying on this Bergdahl swap and I think I finally have a handle on it. Sealsaskforhelp

Imagine obama sitting at a high stakes poker table surrounded by cut-throat sharks... that's our foreign policy.

Luckily for us... he might've played a few drunken games at haaarvaaard. Sooo... we've got that going for us. amiright?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yes, Pkr, this time youareright.

Sal

Sal

Dubya's foreign policy seemed more that of a drunken frat boy.

We wouldn't even need to be drunk to get slaughtered at a frat poker game.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob wrote:I think the bottom line on it is Obama wanted to get some positive news coverage to help offset all the negative coverage he's been getting.

So along comes an opportunity to bring back a soldier who's been held as a POW for five years.  And that would give him the same glory as his announcement that he executed Bin Laden.

I believe Obama and his people just did not think this through because they were just not competent enough to do so.
I see it as being just that simple.  No conspiracy.  No hidden agenda.  Nothing else.  

You forgot photo-op. Heart warming shot of Obama walking with his arms around the parents.

2seaoat

Yes, Pkr, this time youareright.

No he is wrong and so are most on this thread. The commander in chief does not need to get congressional approval, E Hollywood approval, Fox news, CNN approval, or the approval of the parents of soldiers. He needs to act decisively and let the voters judge him. This very discussion is an attempt by activist to weaken the executive powers and I defended George Bush when the morons tried the same tactic with him.

This is not a kumba ya session around the campfire. There is a line of command in both CIA, State, and the military who briefs the President every day, and he and President Bush mad decisions which made the pizz ants run around like someone was holding a magnifying glass on them. This world is hard.....it is not a tv reality show or talking heads......leadership acts, and frankly makes no excuses. Geeeezus......if Ike had to explain to 5k mothers that he was throwing their children onto the beaches as cannon fodder, and Maury Popich or Rush Limbaugh were the moderators of a committee discussion on how to act........bull chit....wake up from your dumbasz fantasy and read the constitution and history.......does anybody have any gray matter left?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Seaoat,  with all due respect,  and I do respect you,  you are very naive when it comes to the motives of politicians.  And this is not a comment about just Obama.  It's most all of them and Obama is surely not one of the exceptions.  You might want to make him out to be more than he is because you want to cheerlead for the  "first black president".  I did too when I voted for him in 2008 (although moreso because I couldn't stomach hearing McCain brag about wanting us to be in Iraq for "a hundred more years" or the thought of Sarah Palin actually being in the Oval Office if McCain croaked).
But whatever naivete I had is now over with.  Black politicians are no different than white politicians or any other color of politicians.  They will all say or do anything if they think it will benefit them.
For me they're all nothing more than necessary evils.  And sometimes the evil is so pronounced that it trumps the necessary part.

2seaoat

Bull chit......I need no respect.....I just need thinking human beings to engage their brains. We are leaving country. We are getting out. There are negotiations being made right now which have not even been disclosed to congress because the realm of those decisions are squarely executive decisions and as the commander in chief, we are not going to begin ruling by media or committee. F the political analysis as if President Obama or President Bush as commander in chief did not have responsibilities that most cannot even grasp in concept or reality. State, CIA, and the Military chain of command did not exist in a capped bottle which the President popped the cork and announced some kind of political advantage to the return of our soldier....we are leaving country.....does anybody have a brain.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Seaoat, I'd be willing to raise any wager you want to make on this poker bet.
If you and I could be flies on the wall in the Oval Office, I guarantee you we would be hearing Obama say "damnit I sure fucked up this time, didn't I". lol

2seaoat

A leader F's up. This is not a beauty contest where a beauty slips in her shoes......the leader of this country has to make decisions which positively impact our strategic advantage, and if a bunch of drama queens in talk radio and media want to sit in judgment when decisions need to be made, the beauty queen needs to walk up to the judges and pisz on the whole lot of them and stay the course for what is best for this country. There is nothing inherently wrong with making mistakes as the commander in chief, but it is a fatal error to think that acting in that capacity is some kind of beauty contest......F the critics......Bush said F the critics and did the surge.....Obama brought a soldier home as we leave the country......this is not about politics except for the weak of mind.....it is about leadership and getting the F out of the mess in Afghanastan.

What would've lead anyone to think that obama had any inkling at all about dealing with foreign policy? or biz, economy...

Even many of his original campaign promises illustrate that clearly... so much of the criticism is squarely on the voters.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote: so much of the criticism is squarely on the voters.

Maybe so. But how could anyone in his right mind vote for the opposition in 2008? The wars would have never ended and god only knows what new wars that oddball couple would have wanted to start.

I held my nose and voted for Romney in 2012. But I had an oversized clothespin on my nose just to be able to enter the voting booth.

2seaoat

History will judge him as the best foreign policy president since Reagan.....bar none. Reagan's intuitive sense of morality and right and wrong in the foreign policy context will always hold him dear to my heart despite his utter failure in domestic Policy. Like Reagan, Obama has fallen too short on domestic policy but has shown a resounding success rate for this country in moving from engagement of military solutions which are regional and bankrupting to precise and intelligent response. One acted instinctually on gut feelings and the other is brilliant. They both achieved unprecedented success in shaping American foreign policy interests.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote:What would've lead anyone to think that obama had any inkling at all about dealing with foreign policy? or biz, economy...

Even many of his original campaign promises illustrate that clearly... so much of the criticism is squarely on the voters.

Doesn't community organizing count for something presidential?

Bob wrote:
PkrBum wrote: so much of the criticism is squarely on the voters.

Maybe so.  But how could anyone in his right mind vote for the opposition in 2008?  The wars would have never ended and god only knows what new wars that oddball couple would have wanted to start.

I held my nose and voted for Romney in 2012.  But I had an oversized clothespin on my nose just to be able to enter the voting booth.

so you voted for Obama in 2008... you help let the monster in the door.  Evil or Very Mad 

2seaoat

Doesn't community organizing count for something presidential?

Harry Truman was the best foreign policy president post WWII and he had been a county commissioner and shoe salesman. Reagan the next best had been in charge of an actor's union, and Obama came from academia, yet these three leaders have transformed and shaped post WWII American foreign policy and defined our national interests.....Each of their brillance is unique to the man and the times they found themselves.

2seaoat wrote:Doesn't community organizing count for something presidential?

Harry Truman was the best foreign policy president post WWII and he had been a county commissioner and shoe salesman.   Reagan the next best had been in charge of an actor's union, and Obama came from academia, yet these three leaders have transformed and shaped post WWII American foreign policy and defined our national interests.....Each of their brillance is unique to the man and the times they found themselves.

Wow, its amazing how much bull shit can come from one person. You really take the bull shit cake.

Obama is the worse president EVER, even jimmy carter agrees LOL

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote: Reagan the next best had been in charge of an actor's union

Not that I'm all that fond of him either. But aren't you leaving out a little something. That trivial little detail about being the Chief Executive of the second largest state in the country for eight years. lol

Although in all honesty that same kind of experience didn't do very much for Poppy's spoiled little brat. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I misspoke. I just checked and by 1970 California had become the largest state in the country. And was the largest state during Reagan's whole second term as governor.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:by Dreamsglore Today at 1:04 pm
-----j
He was not a POW. POWs are captured while fighting , not walking off from his guard duty post.  Obama has stepped in his crank with this decision. As usual, the community organizer screws the pooch on FP issues .

I think your statement he was not a POW is probably the dumbest one you've ever made and makes tons of them but I may be wrong?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum