Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

It was never about Bergdahl. It's about closing Guantanamo.

+2
Joanimaroni
Wordslinger
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

By their track record over the last 40 years, it's clear nobody in the White House, Congress or at the Pentagon gives a shit for soldiers.

Consider: Among a number of promises Obama made -- and many of which he's kept -- was the promise to close Guantanamo.

What prevented that closing was the fact that there were Islamic terrorists imprisoned there who had been repeatedly tortured and therefore would have been freed if they were tried in an American court.

Five of those men were just released.

You may hate Obama, but you have to admit he's plenty smart.

Anyone want to bet there isn't a new attempt to close Guantanamo in the very near future?

Reality.

Spin it the best you can...the wheels are falling off.

The death penalty would have been the better option for these 5.

the rest of your post well  Rolling Eyes 

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Spin it the best you can...the wheels are falling off.

In other words you think the whole thing is about saving Bergdahl? Can you say "naive?"

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Wordslinger wrote:By their track record over the last 40 years, it's clear nobody in the White House, Congress or at the Pentagon gives a shit for soldiers.

Consider: Among a number of promises Obama made -- and many of which he's kept -- was the promise to close Guantanamo.

What prevented that closing was the fact that there were Islamic terrorists imprisoned there who had been repeatedly tortured and therefore would have been freed if they were tried in an American court.

Anyone want to bet there isn't a new attempt to close Guantanamo in the very near future?

Reality.

Some times you surprise me. I had the same thought.

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:By their track record over the last 40 years, it's clear nobody in the White House, Congress or at the Pentagon gives a shit for soldiers.

Reality.

You're really late to the party.

Perhaps you missed it but none of those men were tortured. There were two men, who were subjected to enhanced interrogation.

If President Barack Hussein Obama is so smart, why is the country in such chaos and collapse? UNLESS, that is his goal.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Joanimaroni wrote:

Reality.

Some times you surprise me. I had the same thought.

Thanks. I guess we'll just have to wait . . ..

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:

Reality.

You're really late to the party.

Perhaps you missed it but none of those men were tortured.  There were two men, who were subjected to enhanced interrogation.  

Not true.  It's my understanding all  were tortured in Afghanistan before being turned over to our forces for transport to Guantanamo.  And I've little doubt they were tortured at Guantanamo also.  At least their attorneys so claim.  These facts are behind why they couldn't be removed to a U.S. Federal court for trial.

If President Barack Hussein Obama is so smart, why is the country in such chaos and collapse?  UNLESS, that is his goal.

Last edited by Wordslinger on 6/3/2014, 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : The Virgin Harry)

Sal

Sal

We can hope .....

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Reality.

I think you are right about closing Gitmo. Closing it or trying to was one of the first things he did when he first became president but of course Congress wouldn't fund it and no one wanted the prisoners in their states even if they were going to high security prisons. The MSM made it sound as if they were all going to be given gift cards from Wal-mart and supported on welfare for the rest of their lives rather than being put in our prisons. It was a joke, a purely political spin on a sad situation.

Let us not forget how Gitmo got set up to begin with.

I still think there is even more to the story than closing Gitmo though but I think you are on the right track. Obama did an end run around the Congress. Is this worse than Iran/Contra? (speaking of end runs around Congress) I think not.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

othershoe1030 wrote:

Reality.

I think you are right about closing Gitmo. Closing it or trying to was one of the first things he did when he first became president but of course Congress wouldn't fund it and no one wanted the prisoners in their states even if they were going to high security prisons. The MSM made it sound as if they were all going to be given gift cards from Wal-mart and supported on welfare for the rest of their lives rather than being put in our prisons. It was a joke, a purely political spin on a sad situation.

Let us not forget how Gitmo got set up to begin with.

I still think there is even more to the story than closing Gitmo though but I think you are on the right track. Obama did an end run around the Congress. Is this worse than Iran/Contra? (speaking of end runs around Congress) I think not.

Thanks for your input. Please see my other thread on Guantanamo.

oh I see, so if its about closing gitmo, then this is obamas way of saying hey, I have an idea to close it, lets just let all the terrorist go free.. yeah. good idea. Rolling Eyes 

and all the left run to defend it.

Too many dirka dirkas still in place at Gitmo to close it.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Chrissy wrote:oh I see, so if its about closing gitmo, then this is obamas way of saying hey, I have an idea to close it, lets just let all the terrorist go free.. yeah. good idea. Rolling Eyes 

I wasn't defending the move I just thought it was a likely reason since congress is, shall we say, less than cooperative? He wouldn't be the first president to make an end run around congress, Reagan comes to mind with his Iran Contra mess. I can't remember why he wasn't impeached for that?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

othershoe1030 wrote:
Chrissy wrote:oh I see, so if its about closing gitmo, then this is obamas way of saying hey, I have an idea to close it, lets just let all the terrorist go free.. yeah. good idea. Rolling Eyes 

I wasn't defending the move I just thought it was a likely reason since congress is, shall we say, less than cooperative? He wouldn't be the first president to make an end run around congress, Reagan comes to mind with his Iran Contra mess. I can't remember why he wasn't impeached for that?

There were a lot of diversionary tactics...and Ollie North took the fall.

othershoe1030 wrote:

Funny how you spin everything of the opposite party as a criminal act while disregarding the hijinks of your own group.

Would it bother you if obama were running arms through libya or other sovereign countries to radical extremists?

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

There were a lot of diversionary tactics...and Ollie North took the fall.

Once again to update Floridatexan, the year is 2014. Please try and catch up.

Idaho Town Cancels Bergdahl’s Welcome Home Celebration

Posted by Jim Hoft on Wednesday, June 4, 2014, 3:44 PM

Reuters reporter Mark Felsenthal reports that Sgt. Bergdahl’s hometown of Hailey, Idaho is cancelling its planned welcome home celebration.

PkrBum wrote:Would it bother you if obama were running arms through libya or other sovereign countries to radical extremists?

nothing bothers them. Nothing.

Obama knows he is about to loose any power when the senate changes

He puts this insane swap out there to temporarily hide what he is doing to the country with his green agenda. Both are bad moves for America, very bad.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum