Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

US Armed Forces Code of Conduct

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1US Armed Forces Code of Conduct Empty US Armed Forces Code of Conduct 6/3/2014, 11:03 am

I

I am an American, fighting in the forces which guard my country and our way of life. I am prepared to give my life in their defense.
*** Bergdahl missed the boat entirely on this part....

II

I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command, I will never surrender the members of my command while they still have the means to resist.
*** He expressly left his FOB to surrender to the Taliban. He made statements in emails sympathizing with the enemy over our actions in the AOR.

III

If I am captured I will continue to resist by all means available. I will make every effort to escape and to aid others to escape. I will accept neither parole nor special favors from the enemy.
*** Resist? Really? How many pics did we see of this guy wearing their clothing, a beard etc to make himself more like his captors? Again, he was sympathetic to their cause. Parole or special favors? Just the fact that he is alive must mean something. Contractors and other military killed by this group are generally beheaded for the cause. Just ask the families of Daniel Pearl and some of the truck drivers captured in Iraq.

IV

If I become a prisoner of war, I will keep faith with my fellow prisoners. I will give no information or take part in any action which might be harmful to my comrades. If I am senior, I will take command. If not, I will obey the lawful orders of those appointed over me and will back them up in every way.
***Keep faith with fellow prisoners? He's probably lucky that he had no fellow prisoners considering he is a sympathizer. He did however obviously give information on TTPs used by our forces because attacks by the enemy increased after his capture and were indicative of inside info only he could know.

V

When questioned, should I become a prisoner of war, I am required to give name, rank, service number, and date of birth. I will evade answering further questions to the utmost of my ability. I will make no oral or written statements disloyal to my country and its allies or harmful to their cause.
***Seems as if he told them everything they wanted to hear.

VI

I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States of America.
*** He sold out his country and fellow soldiers multiple times over. He denounced the U.S. and deserted his post in a time of war. Men died and were wounded in an effort to find him and he did his best to not be found. It's obvious Allah is where he shows allegiance.

Sal

Sal

Leave no man behind.

Sal wrote:Leave no man behind.

He's the one that left and turned his back on his fellow Americans. We should have let him rot. He wasn't even "captured". He turned himself in to the local Taliban like we might surrender to the SRSO if a warrant were out for our arrest.

Sal

Sal

My honest take on this is that the dude was a flake from a flaky family, who had no business in the military, and who became even flakier when he saw the horrible conditions in Afghanistan.

But, none of that matters.

The United States sent him over there.

The United States has the responsibility to bring him back.

Sal wrote:My honest take on this is that the dude was a flake from a flaky family, who had no business in the military, and who became even flakier when he saw the horrible conditions in Afghanistan.

No, he volunteered to join the infantry. That's what the infantry does, but I would not expect you to understand it because you've never done anything like that in your life.

Sal

Sal

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

No, he volunteered to join the infantry. That's what the infantry does, but I would not expect you to understand it because you've never done anything like that in your life.

Oh ....

.... so, POWs in an all-volunteer military should have no expectation that the government will expend resources to secure their release.

Is that what you're saying here?

Because whether you know it or not, that's what you're saying here.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Sal wrote:My honest take on this is that the dude was a flake from a flaky family, who had no business in the military, and who became even flakier when he saw the horrible conditions in Afghanistan.

I don't understand it either. Explain to me why we didn't win in Afghanistan, please!

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

I don't understand it either.  Explain to me why we didn't win in Afghanistan, please!

As you well know, your hero, President Barack Hussein Obama.

Sal wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Oh ....

.... so, POWs in an all-volunteer military should have no expectation that the government will expend resources to secure their release.

Is that what you're saying here?

Because whether you know it or not, that's what you're saying here.

He's not a POW in the actual sense of the definition. The guy walked off his FOB LOOKING for the Taliban. What part of that do you not get? He even admitted it.

Wordslinger wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

I don't understand it either.  Explain to me why we didn't win in Afghanistan, please!

I didn't know we lost. How did that occur? We kicked ass in every sense of the word to the point that the enemy had to rely on assymetric warfare to even get a body count from us.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

I didn't know we lost. How did that occur?

Easy. Bush won the war and then Obama lost it.

Bob wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

I didn't know we lost. How did that occur?

Easy.  Bush won the war and then Obama lost it.  

Quit being a smart aleck fatso.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum