Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Court Rules Bush Administration Can Be Sued for its "War on Terror" Conduct

+2
TEOTWAWKI
Floridatexan
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.truth-out.org/opinion/item/34032-court-rules-bush-administration-can-be-sued-for-war-on-terror-conduct

"For almost a decade and a half, the people behind the Bush administration's shameful treatment of terrorism suspects have avoided punishment for their crimes, but that may be about to change.

The courts have had their say and have ruled that former Bush administration officials can, in fact, be sued for how they conducted the "war on terror."

The Second Circuit Court of Appeals made that pretty much official on Friday when it refused to hear a challenge to its earlier ruling in the case of Turkmen v. Ashcroft. That case involves hundreds of Arab, Muslim or South Asian men who were detained and then abused by our government in the weeks following 9/11.

Some of them were beaten by security guards and kept in solitary confinement, which the United Nations considers a form of torture. After they were released, these men sued the people they say authorized their detentions - people like former Attorney General John Ashcroft and former FBI director Robert Mueller.

A district court initially blocked their claims, but in June, the Second Circuit Court allowed them, saying that Ashcroft, Mueller and company could be sued. The government then made one more last ditch push to protect the Bush administration, but that effort failed last Friday when the Second Circuit rejected it.

Everyone else who authorized and participated in the illegal roundup of hundreds of innocent men after 9/11, from high-up government officials on down, is now fair game for a lawsuit..."

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Good news maybe it will slow mass murderer Obama's drone program down...

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Good news maybe it will slow mass murderer Obama's drone program down...

As horrible as the drones are, they don't hold a candle to Bush's all-out wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Without the reckless behavior of Bush and Cheney, we would not be at war in the Middle East. Obama did not open Pandora's Box. I love the logic of people who supported Bush...now, no matter what he does, Obama is either a warmonger or a wimp, depending upon what day it is, or which way the wind blows...absolute propaganda.

gatorfan

Floridatexan wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Good news maybe it will slow mass murderer Obama's drone program down...

As horrible as the drones are, they don't hold a candle to Bush's all-out wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.  Without the reckless behavior of Bush and Cheney, we would not be at war in the Middle East.  Obama did not open Pandora's Box.  I love the logic of people who supported Bush...now, no matter what he does, Obama is either a warmonger or a wimp, depending upon what day it is, or which way the wind blows...absolute propaganda.

You mean like Hillary? ROFLMAO

Your fetish about the shrub is disturbing to say the least.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Floridatexan wrote:

As horrible as the drones are, they don't hold a candle to Bush's all-out wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.  Without the reckless behavior of Bush and Cheney, we would not be at war in the Middle East.  Obama did not open Pandora's Box.  I love the logic of people who supported Bush...now, no matter what he does, Obama is either a warmonger or a wimp, depending upon what day it is, or which way the wind blows...absolute propaganda.

It's not not killing people that makes you a wimp...it's being a wimp....Obama is a wimp that kills people...innocent people, without a trial...even Americans....

Good... govt should be accountable. Then I want the gun running to foreign criminal cartels tried... the executive privilege vacated. The fraudulent doj subpoenas to intimidate the media. The lost and mishandled irs records. May as well bring murder charges for the drone assassination of the 16y/o citizen too. This will be fun.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

All the "scandals" you mention as if they were fact have fallen apart over time...all manufactured to save the dying GOP from their certain fate. Trump and the other "leaders" of the GOP field are making it easy. The emperor has no clothes.

http://egbertowillies.com/2013/05/18/all-three-gop-manufactured-scandals-falling-apart/

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I can Dream can't I ?
Court Rules Bush Administration Can Be Sued for its "War on Terror" Conduct 4ec3840fa8

knothead

knothead

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I can Dream can't I ?
Court Rules Bush Administration Can Be Sued for its "War on Terror" Conduct 4ec3840fa8

T, you need help . . . . . seriously!

Lol... who needs help? Who lacks self-awareness? Y'all want to prosecute bush? Good... the same standard for obama.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

knothead wrote:

You should be ,ore worried about Florida Texan ....poor thing can not function without the thought of Bush 24/7.

Vikingwoman

knothead wrote:

You just realizing that?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Joanimaroni wrote:
knothead wrote:

You should be ,ore worried about Florida Texan ....poor thing can not function without the thought of Bush 24/7.

Your concern is so touching. I'm almost convinced. You're such a hag.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum