Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who all let's their dogs lay all over their furniture?

+6
QueenOfHearts
ZVUGKTUBM
Sal
2seaoat
no stress
Joanimaroni
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Do you let your dog lie on your furniture and bed?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I don't have a dog and haven't for a couple o years. I do keep my kids dogs when they are out of town. ......to answer your question......hell no!

no stress

no stress

Yep

I can't do it anymore. I let my dog lay on my sofa and it started stinking. She gets a weekly bath but there is still a dog odor. I had to shampoo my sofa and now I can't get her to stop hopping up there. Noway she'd get in my bed.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I don't want the smell or dog hair on my furniture.

2seaoat

It depends on the length of our dogs hair. Our current puppy is short haired and sheds very little. She goes where she wants and she hops on beds, and we put a blanket down and open the window curtains so she can enjoy watching the road. We let her swim in the river, and my wife has a special odor shampoo which she gives her a bath about once every two weeks. She still has that fresh puppy smell, but like all dogs she likes to roll in smelly things, and it often takes a couple baths to clean that smell up. She is a very clean smelling dog and our dog we just had to put down would clean herself by wetting her paws by licking and then clean her face. She also trimmed her nails and taught the same to the German Shepard.....strange learned behavior, but we never let the German Shepard or the lab/malmute on furniture or beds because of the shedding.

Sal

Sal

Hell yeah. 

Huskies don't smell, and they're great lounging buddies. 

Shedding?

That's a whole 'nother thing. 

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

We have cats (2), not dogs. And they pretty much lay where ever they want.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

Sure do. I have 3 dogs and 1 cat that sleep with me. My other 3 dogs like their own beds. Three of mine shed. We are all used to using those lint removers all the time.

Use white vinegar to remove dog smell. If your dog .constantly has that smell, it may have a skin issue and need antibiotics.

When I had dogs, they were not allowed on the bed or other furniture. I had 2 huskies and a collie mix. Too much fur to let them lie anywhere but the floor. Now I just have the one cat and she sleeps wherever she wants.

QueenOfHearts wrote:Sure do.  I have 3 dogs and 1 cat that sleep with me.  My other 3 dogs like their own beds.  Three of mine shed.  We are all used to using those lint removers all the time.  

Use white vinegar to remove dog smell.  If your dog .constantly has that smell, it may have a skin issue and need antibiotics.

She doesn't have a skin issue but like humans she has an odor that lingers when she lays in one place for awhile. I smell it in my vacuum cleaner sometimes when I vacuum where she lays on the rug. I'm very sensitive to smells though.

Sal

Sal

Who all let's their dogs lay all over their furniture? Dsc01910

LOL! That's a huskie? Nice dog.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Hell, yeah! cheers 

We have a large dog and two senior kitties. We are well aware they our house smells like dogs and cats. We wouldn't have it any other way.

EDIT: As a young child, I lived with my grandparents for a bit. My grandmother had a kennel, although she wasn't a breeder and never, ever sold a dog (she didn't believe in either.) Her dogs were show dogs --- my grandmother had a small room dedicated to their trophies and riibbons. When the cockers grew too old to show, she kept them. It wasn't unusual for her to let the senior dogs have the run of the house.

I grew up thinking the dog and kennel smell was normal.  Very Happy 

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Too many babies around here. Dog dander is terrible for little ones to be around.

2seaoat

Too many babies around here. Dog dander is terrible for little ones to be around.

We have a different philosophy. We think there are too many disinfectants and chemical cleaners which are much more harmful than having the grandkids around the dogs. I kept a dog in the garage for 10 years and would not let it in the house because a nephew had asthma and his overprotective mother would not come to thanksgiving or Christmas at our house if the dog had been inside. The funny thing is that all three children developed asthma, and she used disinfectants and had an immaculate house. Now as adults they all have dogs and are fine. I think you can create an unnatural toxic home environment when we try to deny our evolution as humans......we have always been around animals, and our homes have always had some germs.....to eliminate the same I think exposes the children to weak immune systems and allergic reactions to things.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Too many babies around here. Dog dander is terrible for little ones to be around.

We have a different philosophy.  We think there are too many disinfectants and chemical cleaners which are much more harmful than having the grandkids around the dogs.  I kept a dog in the garage for 10 years and would not let it in the house because a nephew had asthma and his overprotective mother would not come to thanksgiving or Christmas at our house if the dog had been inside.  The funny thing is that all three children developed asthma, and she used disinfectants and had an immaculate house.  Now as adults they all have dogs and are fine.  I think you can create an unnatural toxic home environment when we try to deny our evolution as humans......we have always been around animals, and our homes have always had some germs.....to eliminate the same I think exposes the children to weak immune systems and allergic reactions to things.

I'm sorry, you misunderstood me. It wasn't a philosophy, it's a fact.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

You're both right. Dog and cat dander can aggravate allergies and worsen asthma. Antibacterial cleansers and many household products have been shown to kill good bacteria along with the bad. Plain soap & water is better.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Floridatexan wrote:
You're both right.  Dog and cat dander can aggravate allergies and worsen asthma.  Antibacterial cleansers and many household products have been shown to kill good bacteria along with the bad.  Plain soap & water is better.  

cheers 

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

No, but they sometimes allow me to use the furniture.

It was troublesome when I had 3 mastiffs, 2 cats and a husband, so I got rid of the husband!

Last edited by stormwatch89 on 6/3/2014, 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Pee Wee dont Play LOL Yesterdays present...

Who all let's their dogs lay all over their furniture? Fbx007

stormwatch89 wrote:No, but they sometimes allow me to use the furniture.

It was troublesome when I had 3 mastiffs, 2 cats and a husband, so I got rid of the husband!

Thanks for making me laugh this morning..!!

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Good call!

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Joanimaroni wrote:

Good call!

Best call of my life! Husband smelled worse and farted more, more expensive too!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum