Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shinseki out at VA

+5
ZVUGKTUBM
KarlRove
Sal
Wordslinger
TEOTWAWKI
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Shinseki out at VA - Page 2 Empty Re: Shinseki out at VA 6/1/2014, 1:28 am

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:1) "My answer is bring 'em on." —President George W. Bush, challenging militants attacking U.S. forces in Iraq, July 2, 2003 (Source)

2) "I think they're in the last throes, if you will, of the insurgency." --Vice President Dick Cheney, on the Iraq insurgency, June 20, 2005 (Source)

3) "As you know, you go to war with the army you have, not the army you might want or wish to have at a later time." —Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, responding to a U.S. soldier serving in Iraq who asked him why troops had to dig through scrap metal to armor vehicles, Dec. 8, 2004 (Source)

4) "My belief is we will, in fact, be greeted as liberators." –Vice President Dick Cheney, "Meet the Press," March 16, 2003 (Source)

5) "F**k Saddam, we're taking him out." –President Bush to three U.S. Senators in March 2002, a full year before the Iraq invasion (Source)

6) "Ladies and gentlemen, these are not assertions. These are facts, corroborated by many sources, some of them sources of the intelligence services of other countries." –Secretary of State Colin Powell, testifying about Iraq's chemical, biological, and nuclear weapons capabilities before the United Nations Security Council, Feb. 5, 2003 (Source)

7) "Freedom's untidy, and free people are free to make mistakes and commit crimes and do bad things." –Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld on looting in Iraq after the U.S. invasion, adding "stuff happens," April 11, 2003 (Source)

Cool"Major combat operations in Iraq have ended. In the battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed." –President Bush, standing under a "Mission Accomplished" banner on the USS Lincoln aircraft carrier, May 2, 2003 (Source)

9) "It's hard to conceive that it would take more forces to provide stability in post-Saddam Iraq than it would take to conduct the war itself and to secure the surrender of Saddam’s security forces and his army. Hard to imagine." –Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz, testifying before the House Budget Committee prior to the Iraq war, Feb. 27, 2003 (Source)

10) "From a marketing point of view, you don't roll out new products in August." --White House Chief of Staff Andrew Card, on why the Bush administration waited until after Labor Day to try to sell the American people on war against Iraq, "New York Times" interview, Sept. 7, 2002 (Source)

11) "We found the weapons of mass destruction." –President Bush, in an interview with Polish television, May 29, 2003 (Source)

12) "Those weapons of mass destruction have got to be somewhere!" —President Bush, joking about his administration's failure to find WMDs in Iraq as he narrated a comic slideshow during the Radio & TV Correspondents' Association dinner, March 25, 2004 (Source)

13) "We know where they are. They're in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad and east, west, south and north somewhat." –Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, when asked about weapons of mass destruction in an ABC News interview, March 30, 2003 (Source)

14) "British intelligence has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa. Our intelligence sources tell us that he has attempted to purchase high-strength aluminum tubes suitable for nuclear weapons production." –President Bush, 2003 State of the Union Address (Source)

15) "Already, the Kay Report identified dozens of weapons of mass destruction-related program activities and significant amounts of equipment that Iraq concealed from the United Nations." –President Bush, 2004 State of the Union Address (Source)

16) "It's a slam-dunk case!" –CIA Director George Tenet, discussing WMD and the case for war during a meeting in the Oval Office, Dec. 21, 2002 (Source)

17) "I think the burden is on those people who think he didn't have weapons of mass destruction to tell the world where they are." –White House Press Secretary Ari Fleischer, July 9, 2003 (Source)

18) "The truth is that for reasons that have a lot to do with the U.S. government bureaucracy, we settled on the one issue that everyone could agree on, which was weapons of mass destruction, as the core reason." --Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz, "Vanity Fair" interview, May 28, 2003 (Source)

19) "We don't want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud." –National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice, on Iraq's nuclear capabilities and the Bush administration's case for war, Sept. 8, 2002 (Source)

20) "Had we to do it over again, we would look at the consequences of catastrophic success, being so successful so fast that an enemy that should have surrendered or been done in escaped and lived to fight another day." —President Bush, telling Time magazine that he underestimated the Iraqi resistance, Aug. 2004 (Source)

21) "We know he's been absolutely devoted to trying to acquire nuclear weapons, and we believe he has, in fact, reconstituted nuclear weapons." –Vice President Dick Cheney, "Meet The Press" March 16, 2003 (Source)

22) "I don't know anybody that I can think of who has contended that the Iraqis had nuclear weapons." –Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, June 24, 2003 (Source)

23) "In Iraq, a ruthless dictator cultivated weapons of mass destruction and the means to deliver them. He gave support to terrorists, had an established relationship with al Qaeda, and his regime is no more." –Vice President Dick Cheney, Nov. 7, 2003 (Source)

24) "I am not going to give you a number for it because it's not my business to do intelligent work." --Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, asked to estimate the number of Iraqi insurgents while testifying before Congress, Feb. 16, 2005 (Source)

25) "Oh, no, we're not going to have any casualties." —President Bush, discussing the Iraq war with Christian broadcaster Pat Robertson, after Robertson told him he should prepare the American people for casualties (Source)

No one has ever questioned that President George Walker Bush supported the invasion in addition to the vast majority of Congress and the American People.

I have no clue what you're trying to demonstrate.

Shouldn't you also give credit to your source? Otherwise it's plagiarism is it not? Plus who would expect anything less from the Democrat Underground?

In case you "lost" your source, here it is for you to keep.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x2259767

27Shinseki out at VA - Page 2 Empty Re: Shinseki out at VA 6/1/2014, 1:42 am

Markle

Markle

For my Progressive good friends.

"Saddam is gone and good riddance," former President Bill Clinton said yesterday, but he urged President Bush to resist trying to get even with nations that opposed the war.

"There are German and French soldiers in Afghanistan today. Does the President want them to come home?" Clinton said at a Manhattan forum on corporate integrity.

He praised Bush and Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld for their handling of the war, but said Bush should have waited longer before attacking for the "chance that either [Saddam Hussein] would have disarmed or . . . we would have had far more members of the Security Council with us."

Clinton also said Bush should not be faulted if banned weapons of mass destruction aren't found.

"I don't think you can criticize the President for trying to act on the belief that they have a substantial amount of chemical and biological stock. . . . That is what I was always told," Clinton said.
- Former President Clinton Wednesday, April 16, 2003

"Could Be One of the Great Achievements of This Administration" The vice president said he’d been to Iraq 17 times and visits the country every three months or so. "I know every one of the major players in all the segments of that society" he said. "It's impressed me. I've been impressed how they have been deciding to use the political process rather than guns to settle their differences."
- Vice President Joe Biden (D) Feb. 10, 2010

How has the war President Barack Hussein Obama said we SHOULD have been fighting going? How is the Middle East going now that President Obama is President? Oh, Afghanistan just crossed 2,000 American fatalities. Seventy percent of whom died since President Obama took office.

And now the Obama administration wants to TAKE CREDIT for the Iraq war…whew….

Hard to keep track of this administrations positions isn't it?

Here's a secret. Whichever way the wind blows.

28Shinseki out at VA - Page 2 Empty Re: Shinseki out at VA 6/1/2014, 2:12 am

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

It wasn't a catastrophic foreign policy decision until President Barack Hussein Obama took office.

My you are opinionated!!!!!

Shinseki out at VA - Page 2 Doh10

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

29Shinseki out at VA - Page 2 Empty Re: Shinseki out at VA 6/1/2014, 2:13 am

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:For my Progressive good friends.

"Saddam is gone and good riddance," former President Bill Clinton said yesterday, but he urged President Bush to resist trying to get even with nations that opposed the war.

"There are German and French soldiers in Afghanistan today. Does the President want them to come home?" Clinton said at a Manhattan forum on corporate integrity.

He praised Bush and Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld for their handling of the war, but said Bush should have waited longer before attacking for the "chance that either [Saddam Hussein] would have disarmed or . . . we would have had far more members of the Security Council with us."

Clinton also said Bush should not be faulted if banned weapons of mass destruction aren't found.

"I don't think you can criticize the President for trying to act on the belief that they have a substantial amount of chemical and biological stock. . . . That is what I was always told," Clinton said.
-  Former President Clinton Wednesday, April 16, 2003

"Could Be One of the Great Achievements of This Administration" The vice president said he’d been to Iraq 17 times and visits the country every three months or so. "I know every one of the major players in all the segments of that society" he said. "It's impressed me. I've been impressed how they have been deciding to use the political process rather than guns to settle their differences."

How has the war President Barack Hussein Obama said we SHOULD have been fighting going?  How is the Middle East going now that President Obama is President?  Oh, Afghanistan just crossed 2,000 American fatalities.  Seventy percent of whom died since President Obama took office.

Here's a secret.  Whichever way the wind blows.

Shinseki out at VA - Page 2 Fail_b10

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

30Shinseki out at VA - Page 2 Empty Re: Shinseki out at VA 6/1/2014, 3:38 am

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:It wasn't a catastrophic foreign policy decision until President Barack Hussein Obama took office.

My you are opinionated!!!!!

Shinseki out at VA - Page 2 Doh10

No, that's FACT. As you well know.

31Shinseki out at VA - Page 2 Empty Re: Shinseki out at VA 6/1/2014, 3:42 am

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:For my Progressive good friends.

-  Former President Clinton Wednesday, April 16, 2003

How has the war President Barack Hussein Obama said we SHOULD have been fighting going?  How is the Middle East going now that President Obama is President?  Oh, Afghanistan just crossed 2,000 American fatalities.  Seventy percent of whom died since President Obama took office.

Here's a secret.  Whichever way the wind blows.

Shinseki out at VA - Page 2 Fail_b10

Pleasantly surprised to see that you also are beginning to realize the massive failures of this administration. Good for you!

32Shinseki out at VA - Page 2 Empty Re: Shinseki out at VA 6/1/2014, 3:54 am

2seaoat

Pleasantly surprised to see that you also are beginning to realize the massive failures of this administration. Good for you!

You seem to be the only one who can see these alleged failures......the VA errors fall squarely on the president's desk, and he will fix the same. The rest is your pitiful attempt to create failure where there has really been GREAT success. The only failure I see is your imagination.

33Shinseki out at VA - Page 2 Empty Re: Shinseki out at VA 6/1/2014, 3:59 am

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Pleasantly surprised to see that you also are beginning to realize the massive failures of this administration. Good for you!

You seem to be the only one who can see these alleged failures......the VA errors fall squarely on the president's desk, and he will fix the same.  The rest is your pitiful attempt to create failure where there has really been GREAT success.  The only failure I see is your imagination.

Now, of THAT no one here has any question.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum