Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gas prices now higher today than in 2008

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/O/OIL_PRICES?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-08-20-11-19-24

Great job Obummer.

Can you name anything that is cheaper than it was in 08?..

Yep and that was one of Obama's main attacks...turnabout is fair play

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Yep and that was one of Obama's main attacks...turnabout is fair play
What is it then?

http://www.bankrate.com/finance/personal-finance/7-falling-price-tags-1.aspx

14 more items are here and some being cheaper isn't necessarily a good thing like HOUSING prices....

http://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/flowchart/2010/06/22/14-things-that-are-getting-cheaper

PACEDOG#1 wrote:http://www.bankrate.com/finance/personal-finance/7-falling-price-tags-1.aspx

14 more items are here and some being cheaper isn't necessarily a good thing like HOUSING prices....

http://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/flowchart/2010/06/22/14-things-that-are-getting-cheaper

They're mostly overseas products.. How many Phones, Shoes, Cars and toys do you Really think are made in America?
The pres doesn't control fuel prices either..

Last edited by Lurch on 8/20/2012, 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

We make Bombs.. I wonder what the increase of the MIC is? OH there's a thread about that on here..

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

I know of only one thing. My house is cheaper now, if I was to try and sell it. But that ain't obamas fault. It's clintons fault. He forced banks to make loans to people that couldn't afford them. His exact words were "I want the poor and the imigrants to experience the American dream". Now the real Americans have lost our American dream.

ghandi wrote:I know of only one thing. My house is cheaper now, if I was to try and sell it. But that ain't obamas fault. It's clintons fault. He forced banks to make loans to people that couldn't afford them. His exact words were "I want the poor and the imigrants to experience the American dream". Now the real Americans have lost our American dream.
When did you buy your house? Mine went up and down but it's still worth a lot more than when it was new. It's called Inflation.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Lurch wrote:
ghandi wrote:I know of only one thing. My house is cheaper now, if I was to try and sell it. But that ain't obamas fault. It's clintons fault. He forced banks to make loans to people that couldn't afford them. His exact words were "I want the poor and the imigrants to experience the American dream". Now the real Americans have lost our American dream.
When did you buy your house? Mine went up and down but it's still worth a lot more than when it was new. It's called Inflation.

It's called equity when it involves a house. Not inflation.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/O/OIL_PRICES?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-08-20-11-19-24

Great job Obummer.

Somebody needs to tell you Obama doesn't control gas prices,Michelle Bachman.

Clinton should be ashamed he twisted those greedy bankers arm and caused them to make all that money.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Dreamsglore wrote:

Clinton should be ashamed he twisted those greedy bankers arm and caused them to make all that money.

Just make a comment without doing any research.

Google it.

And clinton has no shame left. The dress is already in the evidence locker.

ghandi wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Google it.

Clinton didn't force anybody to make those loans just like Obama can't force bankers to make loan modifications.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Dreamsglore wrote:
ghandi wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Google it.

Clinton didn't force anybody to make those loans just like Obama can't force bankers to make loan modifications.

clinton didn't force you to breathe either, but you still do it. I dare you to stop.

ghandi wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
ghandi wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Google it.

clinton didn't force you to breathe either, but you still do it. I dare you to stop.

Duh! Which way did he go ,George?

Lurch wrote:

You've lived in your house for 30 years then. The rest of us have not. If you bought a house pre-Ivan and did not flip it in the mayhem thereafter, you have lost 1/3 to1/2 the value in this area alone.

Markle

Markle

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Lurch wrote:

You've lived in your house for 30 years then. The rest of us have not. If you bought a house pre-Ivan and did not flip it in the mayhem thereafter, you have lost 1/3 to1/2 the value in this area alone.

No, if someone bought their house before the bubble, did not refinance, they have not LOST a dime. They may not make as much as they could have had the sold in the Summer of 2006 but they haven't LOST anything. If they like the house, plan on staying in the house if it isn't paid off or close they should refinance at the current rates for as few years as possible.

Margin Call

Margin Call

Markle wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Lurch wrote:

No, if someone bought their house before the bubble, did not refinance, they have not LOST a dime. They may not make as much as they could have had the sold in the Summer of 2006 but they haven't LOST anything. If they like the house, plan on staying in the house if it isn't paid off or close they should refinance at the current rates for as few years as possible.

Sure, if you paid cash. Realtor mathematics: don't count interest payments. scratch

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I had to sell my in-laws' house in the fall of 2008, because there was still a mortgage on the property. The difference between the selling price and the appraised value (as of 2005) was $50,000. That's losing money.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

You didn't lose that money alone. Someone helped you lose it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum