Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

288,000 jobs added to the economy in April, dwarfing expectations

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm

Off unemployment and back to jobs is a great thing. I hope we continue to see the trend.

I volunteer at a nonprofit. November/December we were inundated with requests due to people losing seasonal jobs. Now we are seeing less people with needs. We have attributed that to employers hiring back seasonal help. (beach/hospitality)

Sal

Sal

We'd probably be at full recovery if the Republicans in Congress hadn't actively undermined the economy at every turn for the past six years.

Sal wrote:We'd probably be at full recovery if the Republicans in Congress hadn't actively undermined the economy at every turn for the past six years.

How can a House majority, who only sends the bills to the Senate which Reid places in a slush pile, have actively undermined the economy???

President Obama could not get a budget to Congress and continuing resolutions floated everything for how long?

Do you think those things don't affect the economy?

It's a whole package deal on the economy with more factors than those who sit in Washington with legal degrees and not an ounce of sense on business.

The broad brush swipes both sides of the aisle.

So...back to the report...it's a good thing jobs are opening up.  Very Happy 

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

SheWrites wrote:
Sal wrote:We'd probably be at full recovery if the Republicans in Congress hadn't actively undermined the economy at every turn for the past six years.

How can a House majority, who only sends the bills to the Senate which Reid places in a slush pile, have actively undermined the economy???

President Obama could not get a budget to Congress and continuing resolutions floated everything for how long?

It's a whole package deal on the economy with more factors than those who sit in Washington with legal degrees and not an ounce of sense on business.

So...back to the report...it's a good thing jobs are opening up.   Very Happy 

Please do not crush the belief, everything wrong is because of the republicans.

Joanimaroni wrote:
SheWrites wrote:

Please do not crush the belief, everything wrong is because of the republicans.

Ooops...forgot to push the "it's Bush's fault" button.  Laughing 

I get the feeling most just want to argue and continue to blame rather than see that things might possibly take a turn for the better? And does that credit fall on political party or a president? I think job creation credit should remain with business. Oh but wait....business is evil!

What a Face 

Sal

Sal

It's simply amazing that one party in our system of government can articulate a strategy to stall economic recovery, and then systematically go about implementing that strategy for six years running, and the idiots who support that party can be in denial about what's going on.

Republicans have consistently hamstrung efforts that a consensus of economists agree would've provided crucial help in reducing unemployment.

Specifically, they have objectively worked to weaken and undermine the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, repeatedly filibustered routine extensions of emergency unemployment benefits, blocked aid to state governments, filibustered infrastructure investment, used extreme legislative tactics like refusing to follow precedent on the typically routine votes to raise the debt ceiling to extract more economically damaging government spending cuts, blocked passage of the vast majority of the American Jobs Act, demanded counterproductive offsets to fiscal stimulus, and attacked the Federal Reserve’s expansion of the monetary base and other policy responses to stubborn unemployment numbers.

Despite their best efforts, the U.S. economy has shown its resilience and provided an anemic but strengthening ability to rebound.

But, y'all don't even understand how government is funded, so I guess I shouldn't expect too much.

Last edited by Sal on 5/2/2014, 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

You miss the point, Sal.

A report was posted. Jobs are up and that is a good thing.

A Republican (me) said that's good.

You (I assume are Dem) flies off the handle about Republicans and the economy.

See how that doesn't fit?

Goes back to the overall conclusion that most folks just want a place to talk and do not listen or truly discuss. Just the same ol' mantra spewed.

Again...good news on the report.

Sal

Sal

SheWrites wrote:You miss the point, Sal.

A report was posted.  Jobs are up and that is a good thing.

A Republican (me) said that's good.

You (I assume are Dem) flies off the handle about Republicans and the economy.

See how that doesn't fit?  

Goes back to the overall conclusion that most folks just want a place to talk and do not listen or truly discuss.  Just the same ol' mantra spewed.

Again...good news on the report.  

I made a point.

You disagreed with my point.

I hammered you with facts supporting my point.

You reply that I'm missing the point.

Am I reading this all correctly?

lol

boards of FL wrote:http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm

And 800k have quit looking for jobs altogether...

The drop in the unemployment rate from March’s 6.7 percent came as the agency’s survey of households showed the labor force shrank by more the 800,000 in April. The so-called participation rate, which indicates the share of working-age people in the labor force, decreased to 62.8 percent, matching the lowest level since 1978, from 63.2 percent a month earlier.
So while 288,000 got a job, another 512,000 are unable to find work.....if you try to follow the fuzzy Dem math.

boards of FL

boards of FL

SheWrites wrote:

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Do you see a pattern here? Boards starts one thread showing how great the jobs news was for April 2014. Markle then starts three threads trying to show something entirely opposite. He did this last month, too. Do I sense desperation?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Yes... we should all celebrate 800k americans completely falling off the unemployment rate so that a govt number looks good.

Yea team..!!

no stress

no stress

PkrBum wrote:Yes... we should all celebrate 800k americans completely falling off the unemployment rate so that a govt number looks good.

Yea team..!!
 cheers 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum