Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cliven Bundy's Existence is Proof That MLK Failed According to Cliven Bundy

+2
no stress
Sal
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal

This guy is a gold mine. 

Keep a microphone in front of him at all times. 

He is doing the glibertarian movement proud. 

Chris Cuomo: Are you a racist?
Cliven Bundy: No, I’m not a racist. But I did wonder that. Let me tell you something. I thought about this this morning quite a bit.
Cuomo: Please.
Bundy: I thought about what Reverend Martin Luther King said. I thought about Rosa Park taking her seat at the front of the bus. Reverend Martin Luther King did not want her to take her seat in the front of the bus. That wasn’t what he was talking about. He did not say go to the front of the bus and that’s where your seat was. What Reverend King wanted was that she could sit anywhere in the bus and nobody would say anything about it. You and I can sit anywhere in the bus. That’s what he wanted. That’s what I want. I want her to be able to sit anywhere in the bus and I want to be able to sit by her any where in that bus. That’s what he wanted. He didn’t want this prejudice thing like the media tried to put on me yesterday. I’m not going to put up with that because that’s not what he wanted. that’s not what I want. I want to set by her anywhere on that bus and I want anybody to be able to do the same thing. That’s what he was after, it’s not a prejudice thing, but make us equal.

Maybe I sinned and maybe I need to ask forgiveness and maybe I don’t know what I actually said. But you know when you talk about prejudice, we’re talking about not being able to exercise what we think and our feelings. We’re not freedom — we don’t have freedom to say what we want. If I call — if I say ‘negro’ or ‘black boy’ or ‘slave,’ I’m — If those people cannot take those kind of words and not be offensive, then Martin Luther King hasn’t got his job done yet. They should be able to — I should be able to say those things and they shouldn’t offend anybody.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/24/politics/cliven-bundy-interview/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

no stress

no stress

Everybody who gives a shit what some rancher out west has to say raise their hand........

Sal

Sal

Gunz wrote:Everybody who gives a shit what some rancher out west has to say raise their hand........

Ruh roh .....

..... the bromance is over. 

lmao

So Sal, do you think that LBJs Great Society programs are and have been an unequivocal success? Contrary to popular belief, what he said about African Americans and warfare being a form of slavery that has trapped several generations of folks is pretty much spot on.... He just did it in a less than tactful manner and used words that left most folks vocabularies a long time ago.

Even Bill Cosby said as much, but in a more eloquent way. I don't see you jumping his case. Is it because Cosby is black?

Sal

Sal

I never heard Cosby say blacks would be better off in servitude. 

Can you provide a link?

2seaoat

Hannity and even Pace are distancing themselves from this thief. Bottom line he will pay......and then die with his hate, but all the hidden racist and separatist will need to find a new hero.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Hannity and even Pace are distancing themselves from this thief.   Bottom line he will pay......and then die with his hate, but all the hidden racist and separatist will need to find a new hero.

You mean racists like: President Barack Hussein Obama, First Lady Michelle Obama, Rev. Jerimiah Wright, Rev. Al Sharpton, Minister Louis Farrakhan, Father Pflager, Rev. Jesse Jackson, Sr., Rev. Jesse Jackson, Jr., King Samir Shabazz, Van Jones, Barney Franks, Charlie Rangel, Barbara Boxer,
Maxine Waters, Sheila Jackson Lee, Andre Carson, Shirley Sherrod….

Without them stirring the pot, how would they make a living?

2seaoat

Stirring the pot from a position of weakness, is quite different than keeping people down from a position of strength. Those who fight oppression are heroes, and those like Bundy have been putting obstacles in front of people of color.......and then there is you......very comfortable with the same, and fighting for the status quo.

Sal wrote:I never heard Cosby say blacks would be better off in servitude. 

Can you provide a link?

Wouldn't having to wait on a check each month for life, living in government subsidized housing for life, having to go to whatever docs the government tells you to see because you have no other choice due to being dependent 100 percent on government for every bit of your sustenance not be considered a form of servitude? I think so. The shackles of being tied to government may not be physical and tangible items to see or feel, but are present nonetheless.

Markle

Markle

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Sal wrote:I never heard Cosby say blacks would be better off in servitude. 

Can you provide a link?

Wouldn't having to wait on a check each month for life, living in government subsidized housing for life, having to go to whatever docs the government tells you to see because you have no other choice due to being dependent 100 percent on government for every bit of your sustenance not be considered a form of servitude? I think so. The shackles of being tied to government may not be physical and tangible items to see or feel, but are present nonetheless.

In a way I have to disagree. The shackles of being tied to the government for your every need is physical, tangible and worst of all, destructive of a person and their very soul. Progressives believe this is good to have entire groups of people subservient to themselves.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Stirring the pot from a position of weakness, is quite different than keeping people down from a position of strength.  Those who fight oppression are heroes, and those like Bundy have been putting obstacles in front of people of color.......and then there is you......very comfortable with the same, and fighting for the status quo.

So, in your opinion then, those race baiters SHOULD be denigrating their followers and preaching to them that they are victims and EXPECT to remain as victims and that they are OWED everything they want by others.

Got it!

EXACTLY how has Cliven Bundy put an obstacle in front of anyone?

From the Progressive "Talking Points Memo"

Catherine Thompson – April 25, 2014, 11:46 AM EDT

One of the supporters serving as a bodyguard for Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy during his standoff with federal authorities -- and who also happens to be black -- said he would still "take a bullet for" Bundy after the rancher made racially inflammatory comments.

CNN's Dan Simon noticed Jason Bullock, a six-year Army veteran who serves as one of Bundy's bodyguards, hanging around at the Nevada ranch. Simon asked Bullock whether he found Bundy's remarks about blacks and slavery offensive.

"Mr. Bundy is not a racist," he told CNN. "Ever since I've been here, he's treated me with nothing but hospitality. He's pretty much treating me just like his own family."

Read more: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/cliven-bundy-bodyguard-take-a-bullet?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tpm-news+%28TPMNews%29

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Gunz wrote:Everybody who gives a shit what some rancher out west has to say raise their hand........

Gunz: That's the cleverest killer line I've read in this forum in a long, long time!

Brilliant!

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Stirring the pot from a position of weakness, is quite different than keeping people down from a position of strength.  Those who fight oppression are heroes, and those like Bundy have been putting obstacles in front of people of color.......and then there is you......very comfortable with the same, and fighting for the status quo.

So, in your opinion then, those race baiters SHOULD be denigrating their followers and preaching to them that they are victims and EXPECT to remain as victims and that they are OWED everything they want by others.

Got it!

And you have the gall to say you aren't a racist? Your comment clearly communicates that you believe that MOST African Americans think of themselves as victims and are on welfare. Only a genuine, 100% Nazi-trained racist would run off a quip like yours which clearly demeans ALL African Americans. Geez, I can't wait to hear you whine about rap music ...

EXACTLY how has Cliven Bundy put an obstacle in front of anyone?

From the Progressive "Talking Points Memo"

Catherine Thompson – April 25, 2014, 11:46 AM EDT

One of the supporters serving as a bodyguard for Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy during his standoff with federal authorities -- and who also happens to be black -- said he would still "take a bullet for" Bundy after the rancher made racially inflammatory comments.

CNN's Dan Simon noticed Jason Bullock, a six-year Army veteran who serves as one of Bundy's bodyguards, hanging around at the Nevada ranch. Simon asked Bullock whether he found Bundy's remarks about blacks and slavery offensive.

"Mr. Bundy is not a racist," he told CNN. "Ever since I've been here, he's treated me with nothing but hospitality. He's pretty much treating me just like his own family."

Read more:  http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/cliven-bundy-bodyguard-take-a-bullet?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tpm-news+%28TPMNews%29

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Hannity and even Pace are distancing themselves from this thief.   Bottom line he will pay......and then die with his hate, but all the hidden racist and separatist will need to find a new hero.

You mean racists like:  President Barack Hussein Obama, First Lady Michelle Obama, Rev. Jerimiah Wright, Rev. Al Sharpton, Minister Louis Farrakhan, Father Pflager, Rev. Jesse Jackson, Sr., Rev. Jesse Jackson, Jr., King Samir Shabazz, Van Jones, Barney Franks, Charlie Rangel, Barbara Boxer,
Maxine Waters, Sheila Jackson Lee, Andre Carson, Shirley Sherrod….

Without them stirring the pot, how would they make a living?

When somebody says: "he's plastic," it means that much of the time the guy tries too hard to sell something he doesn't believe in himself. Herr Markle, your comments are all too often witless caricatures of right wing whines. It's interesting in this bastion of deep south conservatism, there are just about the same number of liberal members of this forum as there are conservatives. And thus far, because of something you said or quoted, I've not seen a single forum member switch his original position on an issue. Not one. So applaud yourself so we can hear the sound of one hand clapping.

polecat

polecat

Could Dana Loesch have been wrong? Maybe Cliven Bundy actually had media training.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke5Mr5eCF2U

from C&L

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum