Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Harry Reid is just another wrinkled old RACIST...

+4
QueenOfHearts
Sal
Nekochan
TEOTWAWKI
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/09/harry-reid-negro-comment-_n_417406.html

Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid apologized on Saturday for saying the race of Barack Obama – whom he described as a "light skinned" African-American "with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one" – would help rather than hurt his eventual presidential bid.

Nekochan

Nekochan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/09/harry-reid-negro-comment-_n_417406.html

Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid apologized on Saturday for saying the race of Barack Obama – whom he described as a "light skinned" African-American "with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one" – would help rather than hurt his eventual presidential bid.

Thanks for the reminder!

Yes but cliven Bundy is the real racist

Sal

Sal

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Yes but cliven Bundy is the real racist

Hey, look everybody!!

PeeDawg got something right!!

It's a red letter day for the forum!!

cheers 

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

Sal wrote:

Hey, look everybody!!

cheers 

What do you think about Senator Reid's comments?

Sal

Sal

QueenOfHearts wrote:
Sal wrote:

Hey, look everybody!!

cheers 

I think they were inappropriate and he should've apologized. Which he acknowledged and did immediately. 

Any other questions?

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

Sal wrote:
QueenOfHearts wrote:
Sal wrote:

Hey, look everybody!!

cheers 

I think they were inappropriate and he should've apologized. Which he acknowledged and did immediately. 

Any other questions?

Were his comments racist?

They sounded racist.

Markle

Markle

As is Harry Reid and Clive Bundy is not Senate Majority Leader of the United States Senate.

MAJOR DIFFERENCE!

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:

As is Harry Reid and Clive Bundy is not Senate Majority Leader of the United States Senate.  

MAJOR DIFFERENCE!

The Senate Majority Leader apologized.

The thieving, anti-American cowboy stands on his racism.

Reality.

Sal

Sal

QueenOfHearts wrote:
Sal wrote:
QueenOfHearts wrote:
Sal wrote:

Hey, look everybody!!

cheers 

Any other questions?

Of course.

Not to the same degree as saying blacks would be better off as slaves, but definitely inappropriate.

And, he knew it.

That's why he apologized.

And, the ringmaster of the Liberty Cow Jamboree doubled down.

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

Sal wrote:
QueenOfHearts wrote:
Sal wrote:
QueenOfHearts wrote:
Sal wrote:

Hey, look everybody!!

cheers 

Any other questions?

Of course.

Not to the same degree as saying blacks would be better off as slaves, but definitely inappropriate.

And, he knew it.

I agree Bundy is racist. I just wondered if you thought Reid was too. These apologies are meaningless. They're only sorry that their words impact themselves negatively. Apologizes don't erase one's racist point of view.

Sal

Sal

QueenOfHearts wrote:
Sal wrote:
QueenOfHearts wrote:
Sal wrote:
QueenOfHearts wrote:
Sal wrote:

Hey, look everybody!!

cheers 

Any other questions?

Of course.

And, he knew it.

I agree Bundy is racist.  I just wondered if you thought Reid was too.  These apologies are meaningless.  They're only sorry that their words impact themselves negatively.  Apologizes don't erase one's racist point of view.

I disagree.

These are older men with some antiquated notions about race.

Reid realized immediately that what he said was wrong and rightfully apologized.

Bundy doubled down on his comments.

There's not only a big difference in the degree of racism in their comments.

There's a major divide in their reactions when confronted with it.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

TEOTWAWKI wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/09/harry-reid-negro-comment-_n_417406.html

This is a racist comment. Most ideas about other races and even ones own are largely unconscious. His observations were accurate as far as they went. Obama speaks well and is light skinned. The underlying implication is that it is better to be light than dark skinned and that people of Obama's mixed race often speak a dialect and not standard English.

We virtually swim in attitudes about race without realizing it. Even little Black girls will pick a white doll as being prettier than a black doll even when both are identically dressed. A famous study done years ago showed this to be true and the study was just recently recreated with the same results. Passing down cultural attitudes is just in the water (so to speak).

I'm pointing this out not to excuse either Reid nor Bundy but just to say that anyone who thinks they are not to some degree "racist" is just kidding themselves.

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

Sal wrote:
QueenOfHearts wrote:
Sal wrote:
QueenOfHearts wrote:
Sal wrote:
QueenOfHearts wrote:
Sal wrote:

Hey, look everybody!!

cheers 

Any other questions?

Of course.

And, he knew it.

I agree Bundy is racist.  I just wondered if you thought Reid was too.  These apologies are meaningless.  They're only sorry that their words impact themselves negatively.  Apologizes don't erase one's racist point of view.

I disagree.

These are older men with some antiquated notions about race.

Reid realized immediately that what he said was wrong and rightfully apologized.

Bundy doubled down on his comments.

There's not only a big difference in the degree of racism in their comments.

There's a major divide in their reactions when confronted with it.

So Paula Deen was just an older woman with antiquated ideas about race?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Trying to make this a contest between Bundy and Reid is like trying to conduct a beauty contest between these two women.

Harry Reid is just another wrinkled old RACIST... Ugly-Women-9
Harry Reid is just another wrinkled old RACIST... Screen-shot-2012-05-15-at-6.05.43-PM

Sal

Sal

QueenOfHearts wrote:

Obviously.

But, let's be real.

What this Bundy character said was much more racist than what Reid or Dean said.

What does Paula Dean have to do with this, again?

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

Sal wrote:
QueenOfHearts wrote:

Obviously.

But, let's be real.

What this Bundy character said was much more racist than what Reid or Dean said.

Just trying to figure out why some people are racists when others are just antiquated, that's all. I'm not defending Bundy. IMO, being racist is kind of like being pregnant -- you are are or you are not.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

QueenOfHearts wrote:
Sal wrote:
QueenOfHearts wrote:

Obviously.

But, let's be real.

Just trying to figure out why some people are racists when others are just antiquated, that's all.   I'm not defending Bundy.  IMO, being racist is kind of like being pregnant -- you are are or you are not.  

I really disagree with your idea that people are either racists or they are not. I think to some extent everyone is racist meaning they identify with their race and have picked up attitudes from social interactions.

I think there are degrees of racism. On one extreme are the people you see at KKK rallies, skinheads and the like. On the other end of the spectrum you see the well meaning person who thinks they are completely non-racist when in fact they have subtle attitudes they are not even aware of.

This is just my take from many years of observation. At this point it seems as if being aware of race and making judgements based on that are just part of the human condition. The best we can do is to try and improve. I especially enjoy seeing mixed race people of all the skin colors, hair types, etc. and wonder how sort of nice it is to just not have a category other than human being to put them in.

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

othershoe1030 wrote:
QueenOfHearts wrote:
Sal wrote:
QueenOfHearts wrote:

Obviously.

But, let's be real.

Just trying to figure out why some people are racists when others are just antiquated, that's all.   I'm not defending Bundy.  IMO, being racist is kind of like being pregnant -- you are are or you are not.  

I really disagree with your idea that people are either racists or they are not. I think to some extent everyone is racist meaning they identify with their race and have picked up attitudes from social interactions.

I think there are degrees of racism. On one extreme are the people you see at KKK rallies, skinheads and the like. On the other end of the spectrum you see the well meaning person who thinks they are completely non-racist when in fact they have subtle attitudes they are not even aware of.

This is just my take from many years of observation. At this point it seems as if being aware of race and making judgements based on that are just part of the human condition. The best we can do is to try and improve. I especially enjoy seeing mixed race people of all the skin colors, hair types, etc. and wonder how sort of nice it is to just not have a category other than human being to put them in.

In my opinion, if one makes an assumption about another based on their race, that makes them racist. There might be different degrees of racism, but it either is or is not racist.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Bundy is a bible nut. The Bible doesn't object to slavery.  Only to being queer.
If you really want to know what's in Bundy's head,  ask him what he thinks about queers.  lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

But Bundy being an ignorant bigot doesn't take anything away from Reid's being a corrupt career politician parasite.

When are we gonna have some people who get attention that we can look up to in this country. Instead of these.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum