Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Santa Rosa County making sound investments in emergency telephone system

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

For $10,000 a year this tool gives government immediate access to residents to warn of dangers and keep the citizens involved in the process. Technology must change the deployments of so many doing so little and allow citizens to become stakeholders in their own security and safety.

http://www.pnj.com/article/20140413/NEWS01/304130028/Santa-Rosa-County-rolls-out-new-rapid-emergency-notification-system

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

We already have reverse 911.

no stress

no stress

Joanimaroni wrote:We already have reverse 911.
Dammit

2seaoat

1,200 phone calls an hour just leaped to 6,000 an hour and the cost on an annual basis is only 10k for a five hundred percent increase, and eventually these systems will have instantaneous contact with ALL the citizens in a danger zone. Great system improvements for very FEW dollars. We need more people like Gregg Brown and his great assessor site which is one of the best in the country. We need to tie that geographic information into permits so the database contains plans, bedroom locations, ownership, and contact information on every emergency call. The new paradigm will be amazing and this expenditure shows how much can be done with so few dollars.

no stress

no stress

Can they be put on the do not call list? Hate to be woken up by pesky neighbors having an angina attack.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

lol! lol! 

2seaoat

Yep, but for the physician, nurse, or EMT which is less than a block away, that call may save a person's life. Now we have the chimney burn and meat wagon system which without the central control is not much better than 1890 in the results. Sure smoke detectors and building codes have drastically dropped fire deaths, but a non working smoke detector saves nobody. On the new HBO series they were talking about applications for smart phones to do on the scene analysis of a heart attack with apps which immediately give a person feed back in the beginning of a heart attack. My friend was trying to drive himself to the hospital when he lost conciousness and hit a parked car on the interstate. People came to assist him with cpr immediately, but the LEO did not have a defib, and by the time the meat wagon got there, he was dead before he got to the hospital. We need to have widespread availability of defib machines and get back to first aid courses. We need to tie this body of knowledge to easily accessible systems which can make improvements.....adding more people as public employees is not the answer. The new paradigm is coming.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Yep, but for the physician, nurse, or EMT which is less than a block away, that call may save a person's life.  Now we have the chimney burn and meat wagon system which without the central control is not much better than 1890 in the results.  Sure smoke detectors and building codes have drastically dropped fire deaths, but a non working smoke detector saves nobody. On the new HBO series they were talking about applications for smart phones to do on the scene analysis of a heart attack with apps which immediately give a person feed back in the beginning of a heart attack.  My friend was trying to drive himself to the hospital when he lost conciousness and hit a parked car on the interstate.  People came to assist him with cpr immediately, but the LEO did not have a defib, and by the time the meat wagon got there, he was dead before he got to the hospital.  We need to have widespread availability of defib machines and get back to first aid courses.  We need to tie this body of knowledge to easily accessible systems which can make improvements.....adding more people as public employees  is not the answer.  The new paradigm is coming.

Thank goodness SRSO deputies have defibrillators.  Of course unwitnessed cardiac arrest has a very very low survival rate.....

I was a first responder to several successful unwitnessed cardiac and respiratory arrest situations. One full arrest on the golf course,  one full arrest in a car in the ER parking lot and several in hospital.....I'm very proud of my actions.

Type of Arrest Survival Rate
Witnessed In-Hospital Cardiac Arrest 19%
Unwitnessed In-Hospital Cardiac Arrest 8%
Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest Overall 10%
Unwitnessed Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest 4%
Witnessed Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest 15%
Witnessed and "Shockable" with Bystander CPR 37%
Bystander Compression-only Resuscitation - 13%
Bystander Conventional CPR - 8%

Believe it or not, it is my societies nor my communities fault if I die of a heart attack.  If I happen to be in the right place and the right time that someone can help me, then that is great, if not, too damn bad.  
LOL  You are crazy if you think I am going to ride around with a smart phone hooked up to monitor my "Heart Attack".  Take care of your body the best you can.  When you die, you die...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum