Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

final four....pick the winners Saturday

+2
boards of FL
2seaoat
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

2seaoat

I will stick with my original pick of Wisconsin, and happily want to see a kid whose family I know celebrate a Conn. win. Seaoat will be in basketball heaven if Wisconsin and Conn are in the finals with Wisconsin winning it all.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Pretty sure it's going to be an all SEC championship, with the Gators winning it all.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

2seaoat wrote:I will stick with my original pick of Wisconsin, and happily want to see a kid whose family I know celebrate a Conn. win.  Seaoat will be in basketball heaven if Wisconsin and Conn are in the finals with Wisconsin winning it all.

I'll give the Badgers one thing, Kaminsky is a beast.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Florida Kentucky in the final.....I will take Florida but will not discount Kentucky's uncanny ability to take the lead in the last minutes.

knothead

knothead

Florida - Kentucky in the Final and hoping 4 times is a charm Kentucky will prevail so I go with my Wildcats to win it all. I will enjoy it no matter what!

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:I will stick with my original pick of Wisconsin, and happily want to see a kid whose family I know celebrate a Conn. win.  Seaoat will be in basketball heaven if Wisconsin and Conn are in the finals with Wisconsin winning it all.

I won't make a prediction here out of fear of jinxing my team, ....

.... but suffice it to say, I appreciate your prediction very, very much.

Thank you, Mr. Oats.

lol

2seaoat

I'll give the Badgers one thing, Kaminsky is a beast.

The question is will he go to the NBA rather than play his senior year? How do you walk away from the national attention this year and great draft potential to play your senior year.........this is where some schools are the antithesis of KY.........

I would love to see Kaminsky playing in the finals because he and Boatright with Conn fought in High School against each other in sectionals. Two kids who could elect not to play their senior year. My guess they both return to their programs.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:

I won't make a prediction here out of fear of jinxing my team, ....

.... but suffice it to say, I appreciate your prediction very, very much.

Thank you, Mr. Oats.

lol

Well, good luck. I would like to see Kentucky in the final game. Their achievements, as a freshman team, certainly earned a position.

9final four....pick the winners Saturday Empty . . 4/5/2014, 2:24 pm

knothead

knothead

Thought I would bump up this thread as we approach game time . . . . . I'm all fired up for this!! Basketball Basketball 

I wondered why the games were on tbs instead of cbs...

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2014/04/04/why-final-four-games-arent-on-cbs-saturday/

knothead

knothead

PkrBum wrote:I wondered why the games were on tbs instead of cbs...

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2014/04/04/why-final-four-games-arent-on-cbs-saturday/

I also wondered the same thing but did not pursue the answer so thanks pkr for ending the mystery . . . . all my friends are calling me asking where the heck are the games? Odd . . . . gotta be about money . . . . usually is.

Let's play ball . . . .  Basketball  Basketball  Basketball  Basketball 

2seaoat

I wondered why the games were on tbs instead of cbs...

Because Conn and Wisconsin are going to win........not quite the audience if the also ran teams had made the finals.

knothead

knothead

2seaoat wrote:I wondered why the games were on tbs instead of cbs...

Because Conn and Wisconsin are going to win........not quite the audience if the also ran teams had made the finals.

Mr. Oats I do take comfort in your predictions . . . . . it's gonna be a fun afternoon!

I doubt ucon would beat msu again if they played nine more... they have that same 10% chance today.

Whelp... I guess if florida's offense keeps standing around like msu's did... that's exactly what will happen.

knothead

knothead

PkrBum wrote:Whelp... I guess if florida's offense keeps standing around like msu's did... that's exactly what will happen.

Yepper . . . still a ways to go . . .

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

UCONN is out playing Florida....you have to shoot the ball...you can't screw around and lose possession.

knothead

knothead

Yes, Florida is out . . . . too bad but they lost their mojo and UConn out played them . . . . simple as that . . . I expected a better game.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

knothead wrote:Yes, Florida is out . . . . too bad but they lost their mojo and UConn out played them . . . . simple as that . . . I expected a better game.

UCONN....Napier and Boatright played an excellent game.

2seaoat

UCONN....Napier and Boatright played an excellent game.

Two very good players.....Florida was over rated. Half time and the better team is leading. Ky ought to play their second string. You know the folks who are not one and out.

knothead

knothead

40-36 WI at the half. UK is losing the battle in the paint which surprises everyone and drawing fouls giving WI opportunities at the line. UK getting the short end of the stick on most calls especially D. Johnson getting a T for no obvious reason whatsoever. Oh well let's hope Coach Cal can crack the code in the second half . . . . Mr. Oats is sitting pretty right now smiling . . .

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

knothead wrote:40-36 WI at the half.  UK is losing the battle in the paint which surprises everyone and drawing fouls giving WI opportunities at the line.  UK getting the short end of the stick on most calls especially D. Johnson getting a T for no obvious reason whatsoever.  Oh well let's hope Coach Cal can crack the code in the second half . . . . Mr. Oats is sitting pretty right now smiling . . .

Kentucky is a come back team....I will be surprised if Wisconsin wins.

2seaoat

I am always smiling. The truth is I have been mostly watching the marathon "thrones" on HBO. Kinda thought these games were pretty much pre determined. I am a little nervous if the KY back ups play......the ones who have been around, have college experience, and probably will not play in the NBA.

knothead

knothead

Well joani called it . . . . 13-0 UK run . . . gotta keep it going!!

2seaoat

The better team lost, and not guarding a three point shot with a two point lead was an error that Wisconsin usually does not make. KY looked good tonight in spurts, and Mr. K did not get the ball much tonight, but a very good game. Now all my hopes are on the grandson of a guy I played against in 1970-71. Great basketball. Go Conn.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum