Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why are the republicans making it harder to vote?

+5
Sal
ZVUGKTUBM
knothead
Markle
Wordslinger
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

check this out:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/30/us/new-gop-bid-to-limit-voting-in-swing-states.html?emc=edit_th_20140330&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=53399843&_r=0

Maybe somebody can explain why/how the political party that screams it stands for patriotism, democracy and traditional American values would work to decrease the votes of some Americans?

What's American about making it difficult for some people to vote?

Obviously, the republicans have to do something now that Hispanics and African-Americans are about to become the majority.

Which means, of course, Hispanic and Black voters will do whatever is necessary to vote -- same as they did in the last election. The republican attempt to block their votes will provide more incentive than normal for these people to make sure their votes count.

What the republicans (pro-white racists) recognize is that due to the strong racist participation in the GOP, they will never get the Hispanic/Black vote. What the republicans hope for, is that they can still control the direction of the country by controlling elections.

Reality!

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:check this out:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/30/us/new-gop-bid-to-limit-voting-in-swing-states.html?emc=edit_th_20140330&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=53399843&_r=0

Maybe somebody can explain why/how the political party that screams it stands for patriotism, democracy and traditional American values would work to decrease the votes of some Americans?

What's American about making it difficult for some people to vote?

Obviously, the republicans have to do something now that Hispanics and African-Americans are about to become the majority.  

Which means, of course, Hispanic and Black voters will do whatever is necessary to vote -- same as they did in the last election.  The republican attempt to block their votes will provide more incentive than normal for these people to make sure their votes count.

What the republicans (pro-white racists) recognize is that due to the strong racist participation in the GOP, they will never get the Hispanic/Black vote.  What the republicans hope for, is that they can still control the direction of the country by controlling elections.

Reality!

Again? How many times have you run the same slop? Showing more and more desperation. Between Bob and you, it's hard to tell which is in more of a panic.

Why not board your train and go on a nice vacation?

Wordslingers own train. Formerly Adolph Hitler's personal train named Amerika. Formerly one of Wordslingers favorite signatures.

Why are the republicans making it harder to vote? AdolphHitlers-train-Amerika-1

Markle

Markle

When desperate, Wordslinger has thrown out the tired, worn, fictitious argument that asking someone to identify themselves is RACIST, BIGOTED AND CHEATING.  He likes to forget that he can't even get his utilities turned on without a photo ID.  But regardless....

Covered California Sends Out Voter Registration Cards Pre-Marked for Democrat Party

Saturday, March 29, 2014, 7:38 PM

A local couple called 10News concerned after they received an envelope from the state’s Obamacare website, Covered California. Inside was a letter discussing voter registration and a registration card pre-marked with an “x” in the box next to Democratic Party.

The couple – who did not want their identity revealed – received the letter and voter registration card from their health insurance provider Covered California, the state-run agency that implements President Obama’s Affordable Care Act.

They have lived in La Mesa for years and they have always been registered to vote Republican. Now, they are perplexed as to how the voter registration card pre-marked Democrat ended up in their mailbox.

“I’m an old guy and I never would have noticed it, except I have an accountant that notices every dot and dash on a piece of paper as a wife,” said the man who received the mailer.

Covered California began mailing out voter signup cards to nearly 4 million enrollees last week after being threatened with a lawsuit by voting rights groups. But that does not explain the pre-filled out voter registration card.

http://www.10news.com/news/local-couple-upset-after-receiving-pre-marked-voter-registration-card-from-covered-california-03282014

Markle wrote:When desperate, Wordslinger has thrown out the tired, worn, fictitious argument that asking someone to identify themselves is RACIST, BIGOTED AND CHEATING.  He likes to forget that he can't even get his utilities turned on without a photo ID.  But regardless....

Covered California Sends Out Voter Registration Cards Pre-Marked for Democrat Party

Saturday, March 29, 2014, 7:38 PM

A local couple called 10News concerned after they received an envelope from the state’s Obamacare website, Covered California. Inside was a letter discussing voter registration and a registration card pre-marked with an “x” in the box next to Democratic Party.

The couple – who did not want their identity revealed – received the letter and voter registration card from their health insurance provider Covered California, the state-run agency that implements President Obama’s Affordable Care Act.

They have lived in La Mesa for years and they have always been registered to vote Republican. Now, they are perplexed as to how the voter registration card pre-marked Democrat ended up in their mailbox.

“I’m an old guy and I never would have noticed it, except I have an accountant that notices every dot and dash on a piece of paper as a wife,” said the man who received the mailer.

Covered California began mailing out voter signup cards to nearly 4 million enrollees last week after being threatened with a lawsuit by voting rights groups. But that does not explain the pre-filled out voter registration card.

http://www.10news.com/news/local-couple-upset-after-receiving-pre-marked-voter-registration-card-from-covered-california-03282014

isn't this illegal?

now wait a minute. I have a big problem with this covered california involved in voter registration at all. but not only that this is interesting. are they saying that 4 million of the supposedly 6 million obamacare enrollees came from California?

yes I believe they are. isn't that interesting, you can bet half of those at least are illegal, duplicates or dead people.

im tired of the left rigging the system

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

How interesting. Neither Markle nor Karma have refuted my opening statements. Instead they scramble to show that programs to reduce minority voting are good for America.

Screw Amerika Inc.

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:How interesting.  Neither Markle nor Karma have refuted my opening statements.  Instead they scramble to show that programs to reduce minority voting are good for America.

Screw Amerika Inc.

You noticed!

Because it is senseless, old allegations signifying nothing. Even you know it is foolish.

But hey, I understand your desperation. You have nothing else.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:How interesting.  Neither Markle nor Karma have refuted my opening statements.  Instead they scramble to show that programs to reduce minority voting are good for America.

Screw Amerika Inc.

You noticed!

Because it is senseless, old allegations signifying nothing.  Even you know it is foolish.

But hey, I understand your desperation.  You have nothing else.

Really? The story I linked is dated March 29, 2014. Nothing old about that. nothing untrue either.

Once again you fail to win for your silly team. LOL

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Another true story about the suppression of democrat voters:

http://readersupportednews.org/news-section2/318-66/22842-florida-republicans-admit-voter-suppression-was-the-goal-of-new-election-laws

Reality. It's good to know your enemies!!

Screw Amerika Inc.

knothead

knothead

Wordslinger wrote:Another true story about the suppression of democrat voters:

http://readersupportednews.org/news-section2/318-66/22842-florida-republicans-admit-voter-suppression-was-the-goal-of-new-election-laws

Reality.  It's good to know your enemies!!

Screw Amerika Inc.

Good article slinger . . . .

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I thought the GOP was just into stealing elections outright? I suppose suppressing voters is just the softening up process....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

With all the money the govt throws around... it would be a drop in the bucket to provide id if needed.

A secure and trusted voting system is the foundation of democracy.

knothead

knothead

PkrBum wrote:With all the money the govt throws around... it would be a drop in the bucket to provide id if needed.

I agree with that pkr except the reality is the GOP cannot escape the optics because their hidden agenda is to LIMIT voting and based on anecdotal evidence there is little to support such a radical requirement leaving the premise that it is a solution looking for a problem . . . . no rational person believes the GOP machine would go down this road because it is the 'foundation of democracy' for goodness sake . . . they operate on the premise of what will give our ideology, dogma, party an edge to keep and wield power over the citizens.

knothead wrote:
PkrBum wrote:With all the money the govt throws around... it would be a drop in the bucket to provide id if needed.

I agree with that pkr except the reality is the GOP cannot escape the optics because their hidden agenda is to LIMIT voting and based on anecdotal evidence there is little to support such a radical requirement leaving the premise that it is a solution looking for a problem . . . . no rational person believes the GOP machine would go down this road because it is the 'foundation of democracy' for goodness sake . . . they operate on the premise of what will give our ideology, dogma, party an edge to keep and wield power over the citizens.

You should read about how soros used the illusion of lack of voter confidence into an overthrow... it didn't need actual fraud.

knothead

knothead

PkrBum wrote:
knothead wrote:

I agree with that pkr except the reality is the GOP cannot escape the optics because their hidden agenda is to LIMIT voting and based on anecdotal evidence there is little to support such a radical requirement leaving the premise that it is a solution looking for a problem . . . . no rational person believes  the GOP machine would go down this road because it is the 'foundation of democracy' for goodness sake . . . they operate on the premise of what will give our ideology, dogma, party an edge to keep and wield power over the citizens.

You should read about how soros used the illusion of lack of voter confidence into an overthrow... it didn't need actual fraud.

That may or may not be true I frankly don't know and that said just note that I did not say the GOP has a lock on inappropriate strategies to affect election outcomes although I get your point . . . . the reality remains that the GOP wants to limit ones' ability to cast their vote for purely partisan reasons . . . this fact seems both obvious and inescapable reinforcing the existing image of the GOP which is not so hot.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:
knothead wrote:

I agree with that pkr except the reality is the GOP cannot escape the optics because their hidden agenda is to LIMIT voting and based on anecdotal evidence there is little to support such a radical requirement leaving the premise that it is a solution looking for a problem . . . . no rational person believes  the GOP machine would go down this road because it is the 'foundation of democracy' for goodness sake . . . they operate on the premise of what will give our ideology, dogma, party an edge to keep and wield power over the citizens.

There you have it from the elephants' mouth. The republicans are justified in enacting laws to restrict democrat voting, because the other side has done crooked things. This from the whacko crowd that brags about it's morality and love of the constitution? Curtailing voter rights for American citizens because of their political beliefs is the most un-American acts imaginable. Rest assured there will be penalties for such immorality.

Pffft... ensuring a free and fair election process is one of the enumerated powers of govt. What I suggested was a govt program to provide those that lack the means or intellect to get an id or register to vote the means to do that.

Considering the basic needs that require an id... this appears to be a leftist construct more than any restriction.

Sal

Sal

The reason is that the higher the turnout the less chance Republicans have of gaining or retaining office. 

It's math again. 

I agree that limiting the time the polls are open seems to have no good reason. But I do agree that proper ID is essential. It’s nothing more than ensuring that the proper person gets access to the polls. Similarly, we insist on proper ID to get a driver license and also many other benefits or privileges: social security, welfare, gun ownership…

Maybe it’s true that the intent of some of these Republicans is to limit who gets to vote. But we have similar actions on the other side of the aisle too. Isn’t Eric Holder spearheading efforts to restore voting rights to felons in all states? This isn’t just for the felons’ benefit – it also would benefit the Democratic Party: a majority of convicts/felons vote Democrat.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

It's not just the attempt to disenfranchise voters...it's gerrymandering voting districts. In 2010, Florida voters passed a ballot initiative...supposedly to make districts more representative. That didn't happen...if anything, the situation is worse than before.

http://politics.heraldtribune.com/2011/11/28/a-peek-at-new-florida-congressional-voting-districts/

Meanwhile, California passed a real ballot initiative, appointing an independent commission made up of Republicans, Democrats and Independents, to bring their districts into compliance with the census of 2010.

Markle

Markle

Nothing surprising. Here Al Sharpton gives a hero's welcome to Melowese Richardson who was convicted of felony voter fraud.

WOW!
Ohio Democrats held a “Welcome Home” party for convicted voter fraud felon Melowese Richardson this week. Al Sharpton gave the convicted Democratic voter a big hug.

She even boasted about her multiple votes and seemed to really believe she did nothing wrong so long as she was voting for President Barack Hussein Obama.

She had been working in that particular precinct since 1988. If she was convicted of casting this many fraudulent votes, how many others are unknown.

Both parties jeer embrace of fraudulent voter

A Hamilton County poll worker who has been held up nationally as an example of voter fraud took the stage at a local voting rights rally – outraging Republicans and dismaying even top local Democrats.

The Rev. Al Sharpton, keynote speaker at Thursday’s rally to kick-off the campaign for an Ohio Voters’ Bill of Rights Ohio Constitutional amendment, even hugged Melowese Richardson.

Richardson, a Democrat, was convicted of voter fraud after using her position as poll worker to vote more than once in the 2012 presidential election. She got a five year prison term, but was released earlier this month after local Democratic activists pressed for a fairer term.

A judge sentenced her to probation instead.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/politics/elections/2014/03/21/democrats-convicted-poll-worker-hero/6712981/

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I thought the GOP was just into stealing elections outright? I suppose suppressing voters is just the softening up process....

Exactly how are Republicans "stealing" elections "outright"?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I thought the GOP was just into stealing elections outright? I suppose suppressing voters is just the softening up process....

Ask Karl Rove. He is their expert on election skullduggery.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:

Ask Karl Rove. He is their expert on election skullduggery.

Karl Rove did not make the assertion. ZVUGKTUBM did.

Leftist talkingpoint... it's not meant to be verifiable... it's not even meant to be exclusive to the right...

it's simply meant to stir outrage and bind the useless idiots.

Just ignore that undermining confidence in elections is an old tactic... a very effective leftist tactic... ask soros.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum