Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hospital Stays Result in Over 720,000 Infections Yearly

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.livescience.com/44394-hospital-associated-infections-cdc.html

In 2011, an estimated 648,000 patients had at least one infection they aquired in a hospital, resulting in about 722,000 hospital-related infections for that year, according to a new report. On any given day, 4 percent of hospitalized patients had at least one hospital-related infection, and as many as 1 in 9 died from their infection, the report found.

Gives new meaning to the old adage that people go to hospitals to die.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Shands without doubt killed my Dad.

No question.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

stormwatch89 wrote:Shands without doubt killed my Dad.

No question.

Sorry Stormy, they forgot that oath and first do no harm stuff..

Markle

Markle

All of you whiners can take off and try the facilities in Cuba or Great Britain. Remember it was your hero and hypocrite Michael Moore who told you how much better the health care is in Cuba.

Prices should be in your range. Cuba just gave a raise to their Doctors all the way up to $67.00 per month.

Markle

Markle

stormwatch89 wrote:Shands without doubt killed my Dad.

No question.

You have them confused with Great Britain.

Your point? Hospital patients are weakened by their illness or injury, which makes them more susceptible to infection. It's often just a fact of life, not something that hospitals do through intent or neglect.

Markle

Markle

720,000 seems like a very tiny number. How many hospitals are there and how many patients are admitted for at least one night in a year.

Here's the directory for FL hospitals.  Our hospitals in Pensacola have 1495 beds with over 54,000 discharged patients.  Teo seems to have a burr up his butt about all things medical.

http://www.ahd.com/states/hospital_FL.html

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum