Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

They are going to cut SS because of oabmacare

+3
Sal
ZVUGKTUBM
TEOTWAWKI
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

CBO Director: Important to Give Advance Warning About Coming Changes to Social Security -

The United States faces "fundamental fiscal challenges" stemming from the growth in spending for Social Security and major health care programs," CBO Director Douglas Elmendorf told a gathering in Washington on Tuesday.The rising cost of those programs leaves Americans with "unpleasant" choices to make, but the sooner they're made, the better, he said: - See more at: http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/cbo-director-important-give-advance-warning-about-coming-changes-social#sthash.mgi4jPs9.eVHmT8U8.dpuf

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

THIS MEANS WAR !

Lots of po'ed old folks ... Who have guns!!!!

I always figured I'd get 3/4 of what they are promising

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Dot wrote:CBO Director: Important to Give Advance Warning About Coming Changes to Social Security -

The United States faces "fundamental fiscal challenges" stemming from the growth in spending for Social Security and major health care programs," CBO Director Douglas Elmendorf told a gathering in Washington on Tuesday.The rising cost of those programs leaves Americans with "unpleasant" choices to make, but the sooner they're made, the better, he said: - See more at: http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/cbo-director-important-give-advance-warning-about-coming-changes-social#sthash.mgi4jPs9.eVHmT8U8.dpuf

It won't be because of Obamacare; that's just a foil. It will be because the SS program has never been sustainable, long-term. The last generation to receive full SS benefits were the Silent Generation, born between 1924 and 1942. Older Boomers will enjoy it for a few years, but then all recipients are going to get screwed; especially younger Boomers and all who follow.

All it will take is one good Wall-Street engineered downturn that makes 2008 look like a cakewalk. Of course, the bankers will skate through unscathed and unjailed. The little people will take it in the shorts, as usual. When the government can no longer borrow to pay its bills, the jig will be up.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

That old saying that a pissed off 19 year old American with an m16 is dangerous... ain't nothing compared to a 70 year old retired vet with nothing to lose.

Sal

Sal

Remove the cap. 

Problem solved. 

You're welcome. 

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

dumpcare

He was suppose to take any cuts of the table the other day, but it will eventually happen.

dumpcare

Oh, I see the CBO said. I wonder what politician has the balls to do it?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:THIS MEANS WAR !

On this one I'll be in the trenches with you.  Praise the lord and pass the ammunition,  I'll go to war with anybody who fucks with my social security or medicare.  That goes for republicans,  democrats,  tea partys, Putin, Palin and even homos.
Don't fuck with my social security.  If you do,  I'm takin you down with me.

by Sal Today at 5:23 pm
Remove the cap.

Problem solved.

You're welcome.
------
Tax more ... You liberals just always want more

dumpcare

The senior militia, wheel chairs with built in rpg's, cane's  that act as flame thrower's, dentures with c4 and suicide senior's strapped with bombs for the cause. Now if we can only talk someone into the strapped bombs. I do have a thought on that one. No not you Bob.

Disclaimer to NSA: this is all in jest Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ppaca wrote:

Disclaimer to NSA:  this is all in jest 

I want to reiterate that too, ppaca. We love the federal cops and if they come knocking, all the Krispy Kremes they can eat are on us.

dumpcare

Yea, laced with arsenic.

2seaoat

Let me help with the hysteria. First, social security if we do nothing, will lower promised benefits paid out in 2037 to 75-80% of the amount promised and this amount is perpetual. So if we do nothing, the worse case scenario is that anybody who is getting ss benefits will see a 20-25% decrease in promised benefit. If we simply raise the contribution level up to 250k the deficit will be eliminated through the end of this century, and all ss payments will be full payments. Simple solution have higher income individuals contribute beyond the current 113k limit. So, yes the reality is if we do nothing for 24 years, people will see a drop in their benefits. If in the next five years the contribution ceiling is raised to 250k.....problem solved.

dumpcare

You take things so serious seaoat, I knew all along I won't live that long.

Dot wrote:CBO Director: Important to Give Advance Warning About Coming Changes to Social Security -

Why do you post lies? That's not what was said.

2seaoat wrote:Let me help with the hysteria.  First, social security if we do nothing, will lower promised benefits paid out in 2037 to 75-80% of the amount promised and this amount is perpetual.  So if we do nothing, the worse case scenario is that anybody who is getting ss benefits will see a 20-25% decrease in promised benefit.   If we simply raise the contribution level up to 250k the deficit will be eliminated through the end of this century, and all ss payments will be full payments.  Simple solution have higher income individuals contribute beyond the current 113k limit.   So, yes the reality is if we do nothing for 24 years, people will see a drop in their benefits.  If in the next five years the contribution ceiling is raised to 250k.....problem solved.

How about we stop giving it out to those who don't deserve it first? Let's cut some welfare for those who won't work?

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

It won't be because of Obamacare; that's just a foil. It will be because the SS program has never been sustainable, long-term. The last generation to receive full SS benefits were the Silent Generation, born between 1924 and 1942. Older Boomers will enjoy it for a few years, but then all recipients are going to get screwed; especially younger Boomers and all who follow.

All it will take is one good Wall-Street engineered downturn that makes 2008 look like a cakewalk. Of course, the bankers will skate through unscathed and unjailed. The little people will take it in the shorts, as usual. When the government can no longer borrow to pay its bills, the jig will be up.

Never saw so many folks with their heads up there behind about what was coming and now they're making excuses. The SLASHES coming in Medicare were to keep the cost below $1 TRILLION which no one believed from day one. The voter base of Progressives didn't pay attention or care because they knew they'd still be on the dole.

The latest Democratic plan to take over the nation’s health care means $520 billion in Medicare cuts.
Republican.Senate.gov reported:

NEW HEALTH BILL: EVEN MORE MEDICARE CUTS
More Than $520 Billion Cut From Hospitals, Nursing Homes, Hospice, Home Health Programs, Medicare Advantage, And Much More…

MORE THAN $150 BILLION IN CUTS TO HOSPITALS, NURSING HOMES, AND HOSPICE

“Ensuring Medicare Sustainability… -156.6 [Billion Dollars].” “TITLE III—Improving The Quality And Efficiency Of Health Care; Subtitle E—Ensuring Medicare Sustainability; 3401 Revision Of Certain Market Basket

Updates And Incorporation Of Services Productivity Improvements Into Market Basket Updates That Do Not Already Incorporate Such Improvements (Effect Of Productivity Adjustment For Home Health Included In Estimate For Section 3131)… 2010-2019… -156.6 [Billion Dollars].” (CBO Director Doug Elmendorf, Letter To Rep. Nancy Pelosi, 3/18/10, P.14)

MORE THAN $200 BILLION IN CUTS TO MEDICARE ADVANTAGE
“Medicare Advantage Payments… -131.9 [Billion Dollars].” “TITLE III—Improving The Quality And Efficiency Of Health Care; Subtitle C—Provisions Relating to Part C; Medicare Advantage Payments… 2010-2019… -131.9 [Billion Dollars].” (CBO Director Doug Elmendorf, Letter To Rep. Pelosi, 3/18/10, P. 13)

“Medicare Advantage Interactions… -70.4 [Billion Dollars].” “Interactions; Medicare Advantage Interactions… 2010-2019… -70.4 [Billion Dollars].” (CBO Director Doug Elmendorf, Letter To Rep. Pelosi, 3/18/10, P. 18)

NEARLY $40 BILLION IN CUTS TO HOME HEALTH CARE
“Home Health Care… -39.7 [Billion Dollars].” “TITLE III—Improving The Quality And Efficiency Of Health Care; Subtitle B—Improving Medicare For Patients And Providers; Part III – Improving Payment Accuracy; 3131 Payment Adjustments For Home Health Care (Includes Effect Of Section 3401)… 2010-2019… -39.7 [Billion Dollars].” (CBO Director Doug Elmendorf, Letter To Rep. Nancy Pelosi, 3/18/10, P.13)

MORE THAN $20 BILLION IN REDUCED “MEDICARE PAYMENTS TO HOSPITALS THAT SERVE A LARGE NUMBER OF LOW-INCOME PATIENTS”
“Medicare Disproportionate Share Hospital (DSH) Payments… -22.1 [Billion Dollars].” “TITLE III—Improving The Quality And Efficiency Of Health Care; Subtitle B—Improving Medicare For Patients And Providers; Part III—Improving Payment Accuracy; 3133 Medicare Disproportionate Share Hospital (DSH) Payments… 2010-2019… -22.1 [Billion Dollars].” (CBO Director Doug Elmendorf, Letter To Rep. Nancy Pelosi, 3/18/10, P.13)

• “Reducing Medicaid and Medicare payments to hospitals that serve a large number of low-income patients, known as disproportionate share (DSH) hospitals…” (CBO Director Doug Elmendorf, Letter To Sen. Harry Reid, 11/18/09, P. 10)

More… The Democrat’s bill means more than $200 billion in taxes on individuals and small businesses.

2seaoat wrote:Let me help with the hysteria.  First, social security if we do nothing, will lower promised benefits paid out in 2037 to 75-80% of the amount promised and this amount is perpetual.  So if we do nothing, the worse case scenario is that anybody who is getting ss benefits will see a 20-25% decrease in promised benefit.   If we simply raise the contribution level up to 250k the deficit will be eliminated through the end of this century, and all ss payments will be full payments.  Simple solution have higher income individuals contribute beyond the current 113k limit.   So, yes the reality is if we do nothing for 24 years, people will see a drop in their benefits.  If in the next five years the contribution ceiling is raised to 250k.....problem solved.

The contribution limit is now $117,000. btw
http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/cola/cbb.html

however, why don't you show us where you got all that data you just spewed out?

Id also like to see the hard numbers of how raising the contribution limit to $250,000 would solve all the problems.

because the way I see it, the more money we give the gov, the more they spend in giveaways.

Im not against raising the contribution limit, just understand those people would be due a higher premium will the deal is up.

Facts are, our social programs are running the country into the dirt. And we were already going broke and hat did we do? we created one of the most massive costly social programs this country has ever seen. real smart move if you want to hurry up and bankrupt us.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Then there's the military $$$

Yeah ,,,,,,we're to the bone already Teo

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Yeah ,,,,,,we're to the bone already Teo

We spend far more than all the other nations combined...who we getting ready to fight ? Evil dudes from krypton ?

They are going to cut SS because of oabmacare Country-distribution-2012

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum