Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

PaceDog, Markle, Teo, Wordslinger, PPCA, Ghost Rider, Damaged Eagle, Jake92, Mr. Ichi, Vector, Dcat and Zman Thank you for your sacrifices and service to our country

+5
Joanimaroni
RottiesRule
Hospital Bob
dumpcare
no stress
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

no stress

no stress

Don't know if its ever been posted as a thread on here and I didn't realize that we has so many veterans here. I'm proud to be associated with you guys even in this small way. Long life and good health to all of you.

no stress

no stress

And even tho he's not here any longer, WTM gets a thanks also.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Can us vietnam draft dodgers at least get an honorable mention?

dumpcare

lol! lol! lol! You are going to get it now Bob.

dumpcare

Gunz wrote:Don't know if its ever been posted as a thread on here and I didn't realize that we has so many veterans here.   I'm proud to be associated with you guys even in this small way.  Long life and good health to all of you.

If you didn't serve in the military at least thank you for your local service.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I got in a conversation the other day with my friend who is a retired marine gunnery sergeant.
He put in 20 years but it was at a time when he was never put into a combat situation. But I finally got around to asking him something I've been wanting to know about. What it was like to go through marine boot camp.

He said about halfway through the 11 weeks, the guy in the bunk beside him couldn't handle it and tried to get out but they wouldn't let him. So he drank bleach in attempt to commit suicide. Survived it though.

RottiesRule

ummmm
What about the women who served?
Go ARMY!!!!!

dumpcare

Thank you young lady for your service and all the other's on the board that have served.

dumpcare

Bob wrote:I got in a conversation the other day with my friend who is a retired marine gunnery sergeant.
He put in 20 years but it was at a time when he was never put into a combat situation.  But I finally got around to asking him something I've been wanting to know about.  What it was like to go through marine boot camp.

He said about halfway through the 11 weeks,  the guy in the bunk beside him couldn't handle it and tried to get out but they wouldn't let him.  So he drank bleach in attempt to commit suicide.  Survived it though.

My older brother was in the Marine's back in the late 50's and early 60's and it was hell.

Did the guy get kicked out after drinking the bleach?

no stress

no stress

ppaca wrote:
Gunz wrote:Don't know if its ever been posted as a thread on here and I didn't realize that we has so many veterans here.   I'm proud to be associated with you guys even in this small way.  Long life and good health to all of you.

That's one of my regrets in life ppaca, I should have gone in after school but in my younger years I was very selfish and undisciplined. My best friend who works with me retired from the Air Force reserves he was a gunner on the C-130s out from Duke. His stories about flying and his couple of tours in the sand are incredible. Best thing is that he gets to be buried among some of the most incredible heros out at the national cemetery at NAS Pensacola when he goes.

no stress

no stress

RottiesRule wrote:ummmm
What about the women who served?
Go ARMY!!!!!
Go Army Rottie!!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ppaca wrote:

Yes that did it.

And for rottie, my friend told me the women who went through marine basic training were as tough as the men. And the female drill instructors were especially tough.

RottiesRule

ppaca wrote:Thank you young lady for your service and all the other's on the board that have served.

Why you are quite welcome kind sir.

RottiesRule

Bob wrote:
ppaca wrote:

Yes that did it.  

And for rottie,  my friend told me the women who went through marine basic training were as tough as the men.  And the female drill instructors were especially tough.

I was one of the 1st to go through after the change in standards, 1980's.
2 platoons of men, 2 of women, same Company, male Drill Sgt. (who mentioned EVERYDAY how training men and women together would be the downfall of the UNITED STATES ARMY). He was a S.O.B.
We didn't have to do as many repetitions as the men or run as fast, but we had to do every exercise the men did. Male push ups and the pull ups suck, but I kicked ass in the situps and most of the obstacle course . The run up Signal Hill was brutal with a pack and M16. I'm told they relaxed the standards for women in the late 90's due to injuries.
Personally, I think the standards should be the same across the board. You either make it or you don't. On our rotation, more men fell out than women and had to recycle. That should indicate the quality of physical fitness we had then in the Civilian world.
There is no way in Hell I would have made it though Marine Boot Camp.
I totally respect anyone who makes it though that training. Air Force and Navy, meh not so much. They got to run in shorts and SNEAKERS for Christ sake.

RottiesRule

Gunz wrote:
ppaca wrote:

That's one of my regrets in life ppaca, I should have gone in after school but in my younger years I was very selfish and undisciplined.   My best friend who works with me retired from the Air Force reserves he was a gunner on the C-130s out from Duke.   His stories about flying and his couple of tours in the sand are incredible.    Best thing is that he gets to be buried among some of the most incredible heros out at the national cemetery at NAS Pensacola when he goes.

You served in another way and that is just as good, if not better. My hat is off to all police, fire, emt, etc. that put it on the line for us everyday.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

RottiesRule wrote:
Bob wrote:
ppaca wrote:

Yes that did it.  

And for rottie,  my friend told me the women who went through marine basic training were as tough as the men.  And the female drill instructors were especially tough.

I was one of the 1st to go through after the change in standards, 1980's.
2 platoons of men, 2 of women, same Company, male Drill Sgt. (who mentioned EVERYDAY how training men and women together would be the downfall of the UNITED STATES ARMY). He was a S.O.B.
We didn't have to do as many repetitions as the men or run as fast, but we had to do every exercise the men did. Male push ups and the pull ups suck, but I kicked ass in the situps and most of the  obstacle course . The run up Signal Hill was brutal with a pack and M16. I'm told they relaxed the standards for women in the late 90's due to injuries.
Personally, I think the standards should be the same across the board. You either make it or you don't. On our rotation, more men fell out than women and had to recycle. That should indicate the quality of physical fitness we had then in the Civilian world.
There is no way in Hell I would have made it though Marine Boot Camp.
I totally respect anyone who makes it though that training. Air Force and Navy, meh not so much. They got to run in shorts and SNEAKERS for Christ sake.

Awesome...proud you're here with us.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

ppaca wrote:

I was just gonna say... Gunz, thank you and your fellow firemen for providing the service you provide to us every day. You have probably seen as much gore as the most seasoned combat vet, too.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Rottie, I didn't know you are a vet, otherwise I would have listed you onthat other thread.....  Cool 

RottiesRule

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Rottie, I didn't know you are a vet, otherwise I would have listed you onthat other thread.....  Cool 

No worries. I didn't know there was a thread about it.

I served in peacetime, so I don't deserve any kudos.

And to all the Navy and Air Force out there, I'm just jealous because you were smarter than the grunts and jar heads in getting out of PT.  Smile 

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Thank you I'm sure we are all grateful for your kind words.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

RottiesRule wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Rottie, I didn't know you are a vet, otherwise I would have listed you onthat other thread.....  Cool 

No worries. I didn't know there was a thread about it.

I served in peacetime, so I don't deserve any kudos.

And to all the Navy and Air Force out there, I'm just jealous because you were smarter than the grunts and jar heads in getting out of PT.  Smile 

Me too, Rottie.

PaceDog, Markle, Teo, Wordslinger, PPCA, Ghost Rider, Damaged Eagle, Jake92, Mr. Ichi, Vector, Dcat and Zman    Thank you for your sacrifices and service to our country Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjbtGiq8CnGEF5erm5jS0mrcgcR-WFgzgrorJ8vjJgQ60G41zc

Thank you Gunz.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5X_Dd_6Czk

Smile 

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

You folks that are stating you do not deserve any kudos. Well let me say that is just plain ludicrous. You folks derserve it as much as those that served almost 30 years.

Thanks for the kind words Gunz. They are immensely appreciated.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum