Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spoiler for Liam Neeson movie ....can we make the world topsy turvey anymore than this.... Talk about spin

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Normally, I'd go see a Liam Neeson movie if it came out. In fact, I've seen the trailer for Neeson's new movie, "Non-Stop," and I thought, "that looks good...I'm thinking it's one I'm going to put on the list to see!" (I'm a big thriller and action-movie kind of gal. If you ask me what my favorite Christmas movie is, I'll usually say Diehard.)

But when I read this, I thought to myself, "Self...Hollywood needs a nice kick right square in the nuts." Now, the source link is all warn-y and "SPOILER ALERT!" and it uses ALL CAPS TO TELL YOU that it's literally telling you the end of Liam Neeson's new movie. But I personally don't give a rat's behind that I'm doing that. If you're reading this, you're more than likely someone who would've been completely and totally peeved by the ending anyway, so I may be saving you about 30 bucks in admission and the price of concessions - not to mention a lot of irritation - by giving you the gist here.

You're getting the gist here, in case you didn't realize that by now, folks.

:-)

Anywho, here's the setup:

Neeson plays a "burned-out, alcoholic flight marshal hoping for a nice easy flight in first class, where after sneaking a smoke and drink, he might be able to catch a little shut-eye. A text message informing him that one person on the flight will die every twenty-minutes unless $150 million is wired to an account, ruins that plan. Counting pilots and crew, there are around 150 souls on board. Marks has 20 minutes to figure out which one is the bad guy. Red herrings abound. Is it one of the many actors whose faces we recognize but names we can't remember? People start to die. Marks is fingered as the hijacker. Who's doing this? Why are they doing this? What is their motive?"
And here's your spoiler:

...the villain is not a hijacker but a terrorist -- someone who wants to murder everyone on the plane to further a political goal.
The terrorist is a 9/11 family member. Yes, you read that right; the terrorist is a 9/11 family-member who lost a loved-one in the World Trade Center on that terrible September morning.
It gets worse…
After 9/11, this 9/11 family member-turned-terrorist then joined the military but found himself disillusioned by the pointless wars.
And now…
The 9/11 family member-turned-terrorist is upset because America hasn’t done enough to ensure there will never be another 9/11. And so he figures that if he can get an air marshal blamed for a terrorist attack, America will wake up and anally probe us before we're allowed on a plane, or something.
It gets worse…
The villain's sidekick is a member of the American military willing to murder 150 innocent people for a payday.
It gets worse…
The one passenger on the plane who is forever helpful, kind, reasonable, noble, and never under suspicion is a Muslim doctor dressed in traditional Muslim garb including a full beard.
And there you go.

I'm actually shocked that the villain wasn't a Tea Party member. But I digress.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yeah Lisa12 and I saw it Saturday and she tore it up as far as it making any sense...but it's a nice plane crash..whoops did I spoil it ?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum