Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"Fat, drunk and stupid, is no way to go through life, son"

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

"Fat,  drunk and stupid,  is no way to go through life,  son" Ramus10

at first I thought dreams had made post directed at me LOL, that is what she calls me all the time.

I don't get your post though.... Harold ramis, not familiar with.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Dot wrote:at first I thought dreams had made post directed at me LOL, that is what she calls me all the time.

His name is not as well known as Justin Bieber, Chrissy. But he "was a master at creating hilarious plots and scenes peopled by indelible characters, among them a groundskeeper obsessed with a gopher, fraternity brothers at war with a college dean and a jaded weatherman condemned to living through Groundhog Day over and over". "He shaped an entire generation’s ideas of what is funny.”

Bob wrote:
Dot wrote:at first I thought dreams had made post directed at me LOL, that is what she calls me all the time.

His name is not as well known as Justin Bieber,  Chrissy.  But he "was a master at creating hilarious plots and scenes peopled by indelible characters, among them a groundskeeper obsessed with a gopher, fraternity brothers at war with a college dean and a jaded weatherman condemned to living through Groundhog Day over and over".  "He shaped an entire generation’s ideas of what is funny.”

I like all those movies. youre right, they are classics. I never knew who wrote them, I don't follow that type of stuff unless its Steven Spielberg whom is my fav.

was this writer fat, drunk and stupid? or is that a line from one of his movies?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Are you familiar with this movie, Chrissy? That's him on the left.

"Fat,  drunk and stupid,  is no way to go through life,  son" Ghostbusters_Movie_Poster_by_jhroberts

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Dot wrote:

was this writer fat, drunk and stupid? or is that a line from one of his movies?

It is a line from one of his movies. And while he wasn't fat or stupid, I imagine he probably was drunk at times. I doubt anyone could be a good friend of John Belushi and not be. lol

2seaoat

Harold ramis, not familiar with.

This explains a great deal.

2seaoat wrote: Harold ramis, not familiar with.

This explains a great deal.

why don't you tell us what it explains?

that I don't follow Hollywood? I don't follow Hollywood, ive said that numerous times.

or is your reply more sinister than that...  What a Face 

Going to give me a lecture on sentence structure? perhaps capitalization? LOL

2seaoat

No lecture......you were honest. Your honesty is a tell. Nothing more or less. You did not know who Harold Ramis was. Big deal. However, it tells me about your receptors to take in the background noise of life. You are well filtered.

2seaoat wrote:No lecture......you were honest.   Your honesty is a tell.  Nothing more or less.  You did not know who Harold Ramis was.  Big deal.   However, it tells me about your receptors to take in the background noise of life.  You are well filtered.

Is "well filtered" a compliment from you? I'm not sure yet.

2seaoat

Is "well filtered" a compliment from you? I'm not sure yet.

Filtering is situational. Tiger wood on the 18th hole of Augusta needs a 20 foot putt to win the Masters. He filters out all the crowd noise and distractions and makes the putt. His filtering was an important component of his winning the competition. Tiger woods also goes to the 18th hole of Augusta and needs that same 20 foot put, and assesses the moisture content of the green's grass, the wind and its direction and velocity, the breaks as he observes from three or four positions, he takes his historical play of that hole and factors in his experience with the breaks, he considers any spike marks or damage to the green, considers any tendencies in his putts that day to pull, putt short, or putt long. This background data he assembles and becomes informed as to how he should putt the ball. He makes the putt because both filters worked well, in one case allowing the maximum amount of information, and the other restricting information.

My tell is that your filtering may go beyond background noise and in some cases you may not process the proper amount of information to make a putt. This is neither a put down or a compliment, because it is always situational, and depends on the issue. I was just surprised you had filtered Ramos from your observations, again no big deal.

2seaoat wrote:Is "well filtered" a compliment from you? I'm not sure yet.

Filtering is situational.   Tiger wood on the 18th hole of Augusta needs a 20 foot putt to win the Masters.  He filters out all the crowd noise and distractions and makes the putt.  His filtering was an important component of his winning the competition.   Tiger woods also goes to the 18th hole of Augusta and needs that same 20 foot put, and assesses the moisture content of the green's grass, the wind and its direction and velocity, the breaks as he observes from three or four positions, he takes his historical play of that hole and factors in his experience with the breaks, he considers any spike marks or damage to the green, considers any tendencies in his putts that day to pull, putt short, or putt long.   This background data he assembles and becomes informed as to how he should putt the ball.  He makes the putt because both filters worked well, in one case allowing the maximum amount of information, and the other restricting information.

My tell is that your filtering may go beyond background noise and in some cases you may not process the proper amount of information to make a putt.  This is neither a put down or a compliment, because it is always situational, and depends on the issue.  I was just surprised you had filtered Ramos from your observations, again no big deal.

I see, it is a insult. I figured as much.

never the less, you will be surprised to know That I have taken several personality test by professionals who my employers have PAID and my score is ALWAYS EXTREME ANALYTICAL.

I have the capability to pick apart any discussion, topic, person, idea down to the most minuscule micron if I so choose, and I do it often. sometimes even here.

I am not interested in who writes movies, or movies that don't move my "inner core". a simple giggle does not get my attention that I feel the need to dissect it.

But I do appreciate your effort at analyzing me Rolling Eyes . I am a very interesting complicated person. And I can assure you, when I need information to make a putt, its there.

2seaoat

And I can assure you, when I need information to make a putt, its there.

In many situations you most certainly have made the putt.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum