Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oliver Stone on Obama "He's a weak man"

+5
Hospital Bob
Sal
Markle
TEOTWAWKI
2seaoat
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/02/16/oliver-stone-hammers-obamas-lack-of-spine-on-military-issues-hes-a-weak-man/

While lamenting the “expanding warfare state” in America, both Scahill and Stone took shots at major news outlets for failing to cast a critical eye toward President Obama’s “overreach” on issues like targeted assassinations, covert operations, and military interventions.

“MSNBC is like a DNC meet-up,” Scahill said. “While Fox News is just filled with conspiracies about this Muslim manchurian candidate.”

Stone chimed in that while President Obama rallied the progressive base in 2008 with tough “anti-war” talk, he has simply continued and expanded upon the policies of his predecessors. “The man stunned us with a lack of spine,” the filmmaker said. “He’s a weak man.”

While discussing his Oscar-nominated documentary Dirty Wars, Scahill singled out MSNBC as one of the strongest defenders of Obama’s policies, including the targeted assassination of Anwar al-Awlaki‘s 16-year-old son.

“If you watch MSNBC,” he said, “they have figured out every possible excuse for why al-Awlaki was killed.” Scahill added that perhaps it’s because “Obama has convinced liberals he is fighting a clean war,” or simply that “Democrats have checked their conscience at the door of the Obama presidency.”

Scahill garnered cheers while discussing his new media venture with Glenn Greenwald, proclaiming that, “As journalists, we should have an adversarial stance towards the state.” He drew the biggest applause of the event upon declaring that “When it comes to national security policy, we only have one party: The war party.”

Last edited by PkrBum on 2/16/2014, 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

2seaoat

Oliver Stone is a proven scatterbrain, but like his basketball game, the President has always been soft in my opinion. He is the type of person who has gone through life making that great bounce pass and maybe letting a 15 foot jumper, but not the kind of player going to the boards or taking someone down into the paint. His intelligence in politics has always trumped lesser men, but sometimes you have to be a little crazy and smack somebody before they smack you......never could see the man doing it. However, in the end, I think stone is wrong because the President has got us in a position to leave Afghanistan and Oliver in his tough guy persona is simply boorish and not well reasoned.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

You must not know Oliver Stones past. They don't just give away Bronze Stars so he's probably a tough guy..and he's 6ft so he has that going for him on your dumbassed scale of manliness.

It may not come as a surprise that Oliver Stone, the rabblerousing film director and writer behind Oscar-winning war movies such as Platoon (1986) and Born on the Fourth of July (1989) was once a grunt in the U.S. Army. What may surprise you is that he received the Bronze Star and Purple Heart for his services in the Vietnam War.

2seaoat

I know Stone's background, and my comment was: his tough guy persona is simply boorish and not well reasoned. I never said he was not tough, rather playing the tough guy to President Obama is silly because Stone has a history of puffing his stories and getting things wrong.

Seagoat is simply an apologist... no more able to accept criticism than he's able to be objective. Yea team..!!

2seaoat

Who apologized?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Obama makes 12 year old girls look manly. He is the biggest prissy I ever saw.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Oliver Stone on Obama "He's a weak man" Putin-v-Obama

2seaoat

Putin as a tough guy......that is funny. Obama would kill him heads up.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Black belt Judo beaten by a scrawny pencil necked geek...yeah in seaoats bizarro world.

Markle

Markle

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Obama makes 12 year old girls look manly. He is the biggest prissy I ever saw.

It was amusing watching him throwing the first pitch in Chicago.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Putin as a tough guy......that is funny.   Obama would kill him heads up.

Oliver Stone on Obama "He's a weak man" Animatedlaughter

Sal

Sal

Vlad is the Steve McQueen of global politics.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:(Obama)  is the type of person who has gone through life making that great bounce pass and maybe letting a 15 foot jumper, but not the kind of player going to the boards or taking someone down into the paint.

Is this the same seaoat who told us Obama's foreign policy has him being like a brilliant poker player who always wins by bluffing everyone else out of the game?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:
“MSNBC is like a DNC meet-up,” Scahill said. “While Fox News is just filled with conspiracies about this Muslim manchurian candidate.”

Amen. I don't know who this Scahill is but he's a damn smart liberal.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Putin as a tough guy......that is funny.   Obama would kill him heads up.

Oliver Stone on Obama "He's a weak man" Animatedlaughter

I'm laughing as hard as markle is at that one.  Whatever crazy ideas are in either Obama's or Putin's heads doesn't have any bearing on this.
Obama going up agin Putin would be like Stossel going up agin Schultz.

2seaoat

The bluff only works when the opponent knows you can kick their asz. Judo.....you have to be kidding me. The muchkin would need a baseball bat to hurt Obama......He comes up to his belly button......his days of terrorizing college kids as a tough guy are hilarious. Like Steve McQueen was a tough guy.....really. I have had my asz kicked, and I guarantee you that Putin and McQueen were cream puffs. Obama would kill both of them. Size does matter, and the person who kicked my asz who was not much bigger than the munchkins was stronger than a bull and crazy.....not hollywood pretty boyz pretending to actually kick someones asz.......hell Michelle would kick both their aszs.

Sal

Sal

It is amusing watching the wingnutz pitching tents over the little tyrant tho.

2seaoat

Like they actually think Putin could bench press more than Obama, squat more than Obama, and clean and jerk more than Obama. They think that munchkins are pro wrestlers or football players where mass and strength actually matter, but hollywood pretend can change the reality that Tom Cruise really is not a bad asz. Obama would mop the floor with both the munchkins. Actually when Putin visits the White House, Michelle and the President invite him to the basement bowling alley.

I've never liked Stone but he is spot on with his painting of the COWH.

Seaoat was that the same bowling alley where he made fun of the handicapped ?

by 2seaoat Today at 8:15 am
The bluff only works when the opponent knows you can kick their asz. Judo.....you have to be kidding me. The muchkin would need a baseball bat to hurt Obama......He comes up to his belly button......his days of terrorizing college kids as a tough guy are hilarious. Like Steve McQueen was a tough guy.....really. I have had my asz kicked, and I guarantee you that Putin and McQueen were cream puffs. Obama would kill both of them. Size does matter, and the person who kicked my asz who was not much bigger than the munchkins was stronger than a bull and crazy.....not hollywood pretty boyz pretending to actually kick someones asz.......hell Michelle would kick both their aszs.
-------
Seaoat, Obama is a human stickman. I didn't know you has such a bromance with him. Lol

2seaoat

Seaoat was that the same bowling alley where he made fun of the handicapped ?

Putin bowling does desensitize a person. It also screws up the oil on the lane. Putin oils his chest when he rides a miniature horse at Disney's its a small world. The President and Michelle did not pick up a spare because of excessive oil.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Seaoat,  if height is always a factor in how tough somebody is,  and martial arts ability doesn't matter,  then somebody needs to tell that to Bruce Lee. lol
Besides,  obama at 6'1" aint exactly a giant.  He's 6'1" of "stickman" like pacedog said.  lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Seaoat is caught up in a personality cult. No different than the personality cults surrounding Sarah Palin and Rush Limbaugh and all the rest of these political and media celebrities.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum