Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Return of the Vampire Squids

+2
TEOTWAWKI
Sal
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal

This is a long read, so I won't even attempt to excerpt from it.

It is well worth your time.

Basically, Goldman Sachs and the other bloodsuckers are busy buying up industrial commodities production, and then manipulating them to inflate the futures while screwing consumers.

And, it's all perfectly legal thanks to the Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 1999 which killed Glass-Steagal and was signed into law by Bill Clinton.

And, Eric Holder is neck-deep in the whole sordid affair, so it's got something for everyone.

Forget your little piddly scandals you go on and on about, wingnuts.

This is where the rubber meets the road.

But, the Occupy protesters were stinking hippies with no coherent message.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-vampire-squid-strikes-again-the-mega-banks-most-devious-scam-yet-20140212

Read it.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

In case you haven't noticed Sal we have far more important business trying to free the homeless from the tyranny of the rich. Of course we are doing that so when we all join them in poverty and homelessness we won't have OUR blankets taken away.

Signed in by a Dem Potus

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Signed in by a Dem Potus

I agree with pacedog. If we'd just had republicans controlling things, they would have put a stop to this. Republicans have no ties to Wall Street and corporate America. This was all caused by democrats.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Bob wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:Signed in by a Dem Potus

I agree with pacedog.  If we'd just had republicans controlling things,  they would have put a stop to this.  Republicans have no ties to Wall Street and corporate America.  This was all caused by democrats.

He and Markle are stuck on that line.......

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

KarlRove

KarlRove

Hey. if it was so bad, why didn't Clinton veto it?

Sal

Sal

It's apparent that the article was much too long for wingnuts to read.

The reason that Bubba signed it is because it was considered just another in a long line of legislation deregulating Wall St, and no one understood its implications with the exception of Phil Gramm and his bankster cronies.

Sal wrote:It's apparent that the article was much too long for wingnuts to read.

The reason that Bubba signed it is because it was considered just another in a long line of legislation deregulating Wall St, and no one understood its implications with the exception of Phil Gramm and his bankster cronies.

ah, another long bill that the left didnt understand before they passed it.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Ah, yes.  The Graham Leach Bliley Act was definitely all democrats.   Cough bullshit cough.  Just look at the Senate voting record.

Yea:  53 (republican);  1 (democrat)
Nay:  0 (republican); 44 (democrat)

In today's GOP bizarro world, when your party not only introduces a bill, but also votes - unanimously - for that bill and then all but one member of your opposition opposes it....well....it is really your opposition that passed that bill.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/106-1999/s105

boards of FL wrote:Ah, yes.  The Graham Leach Bliley Act was definitely all democrats.   Cough bullshit cough.  Just look at the Senate voting record.

Yea:  53 (republican);  1 (democrat)
Nay:  0 (republican); 44 (democrat)

In today's GOP bizarro world, when your party not only introduces a bill, but also votes - unanimously - for that bill and then all but one member of your opposition opposes it....well....it is really your opposition that passed that bill.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/106-1999/s105

I know. republicans are the cause of everything bad that has ever happened. Only if we could get rid of all republicans, just do away with the repub party and only have the democrat party. then people could just choose from only different democrats. that way everything would always be perfect no matter which democrat won.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Dot wrote:

republicans are the cause of everything bad that has ever happened. Only if we could get rid of all republicans, just do away with the repub party and only have the democrat party. then people could just choose from only different democrats.

Chrissy,  that is wrote well.  Or written well if the language police are not southerners.

And here's how I can prove it.  I'm going to change one word in it...

democrats are the cause of everything bad that has ever happened. Only if we could get rid of all democrats, just do away with the rdemocrat party and only have the republican party. then people could just choose from only different republicans.

Here's what you have succeeded in doing,  Chrissy.   You have pointed out to us that one of the political parties is no good.  And the other quote proves the other party is no good.  
The way I was taught math is,  that if there are two apples in a barrel.  And one of them is rotten.  And the other one is rotten.  Then that makes the whole barrel rotten.

If I go to McDonalds,  and there are only two items on the menu,  a booger burger and a shit sandwich,  then I'm going somewhere else for my meal.
I may not know yet where to go.  But I KNOW I aint eatin from that menu.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum