Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mystery Solved! - Why Dennis Rodman Kept Going to North Korea

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal

Actually, this explains a great deal ...

North Koreans say there is little stigma attached to meth use. Some take it to treat colds or boost their energy; students take it to work late. The drug also helps curb appetites in a country where food is scarce. It is offered up as casually as a cup of tea, North Koreans say.

"If you go to somebody's house it is a polite way to greet somebody by offering them a sniff," said Lee Saera, 43, of Hoeryong, also interviewed in China. "It is like drinking coffee when you're sleepy, but ice is so much better."

Despite its draconian legal system, North Korea has long been easygoing about narcotics use. With analgesics scarce, opium paste is commonly sold for pain relief. Marijuana (called "mouth tobacco") is legal and frequently grown at home to be mixed in with rolling tobacco.

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-79053628/

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

So other than starvation, cannibalism and genocide North Koreans are freer than we are...whodathunkit ?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:Actually, this explains a great deal ...

North Koreans say there is little stigma attached to meth use. Some take it to treat colds or boost their energy; students take it to work late. The drug also helps curb appetites in a country where food is scarce. It is offered up as casually as a cup of tea, North Koreans say.

"If you go to somebody's house it is a polite way to greet somebody by offering them a sniff," said Lee Saera, 43, of Hoeryong, also interviewed in China. "It is like drinking coffee when you're sleepy, but ice is so much better."

Despite its draconian legal system, North Korea has long been easygoing about narcotics use. With analgesics scarce, opium paste is commonly sold for pain relief. Marijuana (called "mouth tobacco") is legal and frequently grown at home to be mixed in with rolling tobacco.

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-79053628/

I didn't know all that.  Now I can understand why Rodman wanted to be there.  How could anybody not want to get high and then be worshipped by midgets and have somebody else pick up the tab for it. Now I wish I knew how to play basketball.

Now I wish I knew how to play basketball.

Contact Mr Oats

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum