Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

China's Air Pollution So Bad, it is Blowing Across Pacific to the U.S. West Coast

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

http://www.smartplanet.com/blog/bulletin/chinas-pollution-reaches-united-states-shores/?tag=nl.e660&s_cid=e660&ttag=e660&ftag=TRE4eb29b5

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Could not go to a better place.

Obama should send gore on an extended lecture tour over there... win win.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Could not go to a better place.

lol! 

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

What a shock! I thought we only breathed good ol' American air!! Who would have thought we share the atmosphere of the planet with everyone else, remarkable.

othershoe1030 wrote:What a shock! I thought we only breathed good ol' American air!! Who would have thought we share the atmosphere of the planet with everyone else, remarkable.

amazing ain it! now go over and see if you can make china pay some taxes for it LOL

no stress

no stress

The air quality is very bad yet Florida wants to pass a law banning smoking in public parks. That legislation will do nothing to improve air quality.

Gunz wrote:The air quality is very bad yet Florida wants to pass a law banning smoking in public parks.    That legislation will do nothing to improve air quality.

That reminds me, I wonder how the study of banning cow farts went in cali lol

You know the EPA has recently banned most wood burning stoves, what??? whats next? ban camp fires? oh yeah, lets just ban cars only in America, that should finish us off.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Chrissy wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:What a shock! I thought we only breathed good ol' American air!! Who would have thought we share the atmosphere of the planet with everyone else, remarkable.

amazing ain it! now go over and see if you can make china pay some taxes for it LOL

What ever that means.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Gunz wrote:The air quality is very bad yet Florida wants to pass a law banning smoking in public parks.    That legislation will do nothing to improve air quality.

Gunz you don't understand "progressive logic" . If banning smoking n public parks cleans up the air by .00000000000000000001% it's an improvement.
Kind of like passing general liberal abortion regs based on a few women possibly getting raped and pregnant. It's all emotionally driven. I wonder if it passes and you are found smoking if the police will just shoot you.

othershoe1030 wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

What ever that means.

really? youre that out of date of whats going on? old news

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/05/un-global-tax_n_1651759.html

Buried in a little-noticed rule on microwave ovens is a change in the U.S. government’s accounting for carbon emissions that could have wide-ranging implications for everything from power plants to the Keystone XL pipeline.

The increase of the so-called social cost of carbon, to $38 a metric ton in 2015 from $23.80, adjusts the calculation the government uses to weigh costs and benefits of proposed regulations. The figure is meant to approximate losses from global warming
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-06-12/tougher-regulations-seen-from-obama-change-in-carbon-cost.html

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

So, it is not a tax; it is a way to evaluate the benefits of regulating carbon emissions or estimating damage/expenses of more carbon in the atmosphere. Seems like something along these lines would be good to know.

On the other hand for those people who don't "believe" that carbon emissions are important then it doesn't matter so they can just ignore all this science stuff. Don't worry about it!

The increase of the so-called social cost of carbon, to $38 a metric ton in 2015 from $23.80, adjusts the calculation the government uses to weigh costs and benefits of proposed regulations. The figure is meant to approximate losses from global warming such as flood damage and diminished crops.

othershoe1030 wrote:So, it is not a tax; it is a way to evaluate the benefits of regulating carbon emissions or estimating damage/expenses of more carbon in the atmosphere. Seems like something along these lines would be good to know.

On the other hand for those people who don't "believe" that carbon emissions are important then it doesn't matter so they can just ignore all this science stuff. Don't worry about it!

The increase of the so-called social cost of carbon, to $38 a metric ton in 2015 from $23.80, adjusts the calculation the government uses to weigh costs and benefits of proposed regulations. The figure is meant to approximate losses from global warming such as flood damage and diminished crops.

call it what you want.  Rolling Eyes 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum