Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

PNJ Viewpoint: New rules for driver's licenses are absurd

+7
cool1
dumpcare
no stress
Ghost Rider
Markle
2seaoat
ZVUGKTUBM
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Can you really trust the PNJ......after the headline today about Seahawks and Patriots going to the SuperBowl?

Who knows ,tomorrow they may print the Super Bowl results.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Good for your mom, Gunz.  I hope she sent copies to all the major newspapers and to our state and national legislators.  These idiotic laws need changing.  

No we need more laws. Why have  legislation if it isn't  busy making us all criminals they can prey on for revenue ?...They got show us who's in charge you peon peasant serf slaves.

New law, wipe front to back no more than 3 times.
Never swallow your chewing gum.
No standing chairs to change a light bulb.
I got a million more...

Very funny, FEMA guy. I'm sure most of this ridiculous extra paperwork is because of the "Patriot Act", which needs to be repealed...as does the NDAA. And what happened to the Privacy Act of 1974?

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:http://www.pnj.com/article/20140119/OPINION/301190009/Viewpoint-New-rules-driver-s-licenses-absurd

...I realize the reason for this ludicrous law is to prevent illegal aliens from getting driver’s licenses. Well, guess what – all it will accomplish is to make them drive without licenses! I personally am appalled that I must go and apply for certified proof that I was married to a man who has been deceased for over a year. It’s like tearing open a wound that has not yet healed, a reminder of something that was precious to me but no longer exists. So thanks, state of Florida, for proving once again that you really show a lot of common sense when you wrap additional red tape around our lives!

If my driver’s license has been legitimate for 56 years and my last name has been legitimate enough for your purposes for the past 52 years, I should not have to prove its legitimacy now...

Curious, if your license has been legitimate for 56 years, how are you 62 years old?  Fifty six would make you 72.  Which is fine by why the deception?

As for proof that you were married to someone who is deceased, just pull a certified copy of the death certificate you have in your files and you're all set.

If you're not here legally, you don't get a drivers license.  Seems pretty simple to me.

Can you not read?  This is a viewpoint in the PNJ.  Nowhere does this woman claim to be any other age that she is.  This law discriminates against women, who are the ones who assume the name of another when they marry.  She's a widow, who got her first driver's license in 1956; if she was 16 at the time, that would make her most likely 74, since she's already renewing her license, which indicates she had a birthday in 2014.  It's beyond ludicrous that anyone who already has a license should have to produce the documentation now required by the DMV to renew.  This lady's comment is dead on.

ZVUGKTUBM made no mention that the letter was not his or hers.

I agree, all this doesn't seem necessary for renewals. I must have gotten in just under the line but everyone was talking about it at the time. Year before last I believe. I was mailed a renewal good for six years.

I do think the law should be changed to require this level of identification to vote.

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Good for your mom, Gunz.  I hope she sent copies to all the major newspapers and to our state and national legislators.  These idiotic laws need changing.  

No we need more laws. Why have  legislation if it isn't  busy making us all criminals they can prey on for revenue ?...They got show us who's in charge you peon peasant serf slaves.

New law, wipe front to back no more than 3 times.
Never swallow your chewing gum.
No standing chairs to change a light bulb.
I got a million more...

Very funny, FEMA guy.  I'm sure most of this ridiculous extra paperwork is because of the "Patriot Act", which needs to be repealed...as does the NDAA.  And what happened to the Privacy Act of 1974?  

Just curious, how is what TEOTWAWKI posted "very funny"?

To change a light bulb, I have to use one the LAW allows. I believe that if I want additional salt with my meal in New York, I have to bring my own. Bloomberg wanted to limit the size of soft drink I can purchase.

Your Party has controlled Washington now for 7 years. Are they NOT the Party which extended and expanded the Patriot Act?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

This even extends to online renewal of auto and/or trailer tags at Janet Holley's wesite. In order to log-in to just see what you owe for your tag, you must type in your  DL number, a verificaiton number on the back of your DL, and the last 4 of your social. Alternatively, you must enter the VIN number of your vehicle and a number from your registration form for said vehicle, and then the last 4 of your social.

It is a real pain-in-the-poop. Just to pay your registration online.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:This even extends to online renewal of auto and/or trailer tags at Janet Holley's wesite. In order to log-in to just see what you owe for your tag, you must type in your  DL number, a verificaiton number on the back of your DL, and the last 4 of your social. Alternatively, you must enter the VIN number of your vehicle and a number from your registration form for said vehicle, and then the last 4 of your social.

oh golly people.

all this is so terrible. I think what we really need is to do away completely with all laws and anyone can just walk right in several hundred times if they like and get a new drivers license in a new name each time, no need for ID or verification, all that shit is too much work. Then they can march right on down if they like and get a copy of your social security card, open a bunch of credit, not pay it and then you can start a thread about how pissed you are someone stole your identity lol

anyone for the constitution can not be for a completely lawless society. thats NOT what it is about. know the damn difference.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Dreamsglore wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:You're not looking at the new regulations of 2010. All the certificates must be certified. No copies. You must also link the names by certified copies from your maiden name. If your were married twice you must have the marriage licenses and divorce decrees. So you need your birth certificate,two marriage licenses and a divorce decree-all certified.

No you are right Dreams. I was looking at the http://www.dmvflorida.org/renew.shtml site. I also had to have mine renewed last week since my birthday was on the 16th and all the paperwork I took to the DMV was copies. There was nothing certified in any of my paperwork. All my certified paperwork is locked up in a safe deposit box at my bank. Whether they need certified copies or not, I do not know, but I do know from experience that I did not have certified copies of anything.

You will get a letter like Gunz' mom saying you have 60 days to get the certified copies and your license will only be good for 60 days.

Dreams, if I get a letter, then I get a  letter so be it.  I will not however use my birth certificate as one of primary identifications. I will use my passport.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

cool1 wrote:I had to get certified copy of birth cert--to get mine renewed --and husband had to get his from Texas -copy of bills--marriage that's about it. In Escambia county--they put yellow star on your DL----If you don't have the yellow star on it then you have to show all that -mine has a star so I don't have to show all that proof again -that's what the told me.

That is true Cool. They put a yellow star on mine also. The examiner said that indicates that I have already gone through the identification process. That has to be done every so many years and allows you to renew via online next time without going through all the ID process.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:This even extends to online renewal of auto and/or trailer tags at Janet Holley's wesite. In order to log-in to just see what you owe for your tag, you must type in your  DL number, a verificaiton number on the back of your DL, and the last 4 of your social. Alternatively, you must enter the VIN number of your vehicle and a number from your registration form for said vehicle, and then the last 4 of your social.

Z, it has always been that way for as long as I can remember when renewing you vehicle tag. Nothing different than what you posted and since I have lived here I have always renewed my vehicle online. I renewed it for 1 year at a time until they went to the 2 year renewal and now I renew for 2 years at a time. But that being the case, I have always had to fill in the information that you brought up. By mail they are pretty quick about getting the decal back to you. My birthday was last Thursday, I ordered it online on Wedesday and it came in the mail on Saturday.

Floridatexan wrote:I'm sure most of this ridiculous extra paperwork is because of the "Patriot Act", which needs to be repealed...as does the NDAA.  And what happened to the Privacy Act of 1974?  

Close, it's part of the REAL ID Act of 2005. As I understand it, the Privacy Act allows the government to collect information for records. The "Privacy" is that there is a protocol for disclosing information from those records.

ppaca wrote:I had mine renewed last year, nothing had to be certified. They asked for my social, birth certificate and an electric bill.

Then you are either a man or a woman who has never been married. There is more of a burden of proof for women who have married or divorced, even more for those who have married and divorced more than once.

Markle wrote:
I do think the law should be changed to require this level of identification to vote.

Are you shitting me? Hello, Jim Crow.

BirdyBack wrote:
Markle wrote:

Are you shitting me?  Hello, Jim Crow.

LOL!

BirdyBack wrote:
Markle wrote:

eat a crow. proof of who you are and that you're a citizen to vote is the only responsible thing we should do. anything less is fraud.

Sal

Sal

BirdyBack wrote:
Markle wrote:

KA ... FUCKING ... POW!!

Sal wrote:
BirdyBack wrote:
Markle wrote:

KA ... FUCKING ... POW!!

yeah, IN YOUR face! because requiring ID to vote doesn't unfairly affect black folks.

KA POW!

Sal

Sal

Chrissy wrote:

because requiring ID to vote doesn't unfairly affect black folks.

Well, that's just plumb ignorant.

Sal wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

because requiring ID to vote doesn't unfairly affect black folks.

Did you expect anything else from her?

2seaoat

I wonder if she could have passed the literacy test at the poll during Jim Crow era restrictions to vote......I think those folks could in their own mind justify the purpose, but they sure did not take that literacy test, and if a paragraph was required to be written, I am sure many of the people who were restricting access to the polls would not pass. The only purpose to the restrictions on id requirements is to restrict people from their ABSOLUTE right to vote......

2seaoat wrote:Well, that's just plumb ignorant.

I wonder if she could have passed the literacy test at the poll during Jim Crow era restrictions to vote......I think those folks could in their own mind justify the purpose, but they sure did not take that literacy test, and if a paragraph was required to be written, I am sure many of the people who were restricting access to the polls would not pass.  The only purpose to the restrictions on id requirements is to restrict people from their ABSOLUTE right to vote......

She can't pass one now so she couldn't pass one then.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum