Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

PNJ Viewpoint: New rules for driver's licenses are absurd

+7
cool1
dumpcare
no stress
Ghost Rider
Markle
2seaoat
ZVUGKTUBM
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

http://www.pnj.com/article/20140119/OPINION/301190009/Viewpoint-New-rules-driver-s-licenses-absurd

...I realize the reason for this ludicrous law is to prevent illegal aliens from getting driver’s licenses. Well, guess what – all it will accomplish is to make them drive without licenses! I personally am appalled that I must go and apply for certified proof that I was married to a man who has been deceased for over a year. It’s like tearing open a wound that has not yet healed, a reminder of something that was precious to me but no longer exists. So thanks, state of Florida, for proving once again that you really show a lot of common sense when you wrap additional red tape around our lives!

If my driver’s license has been legitimate for 56 years and my last name has been legitimate enough for your purposes for the past 52 years, I should not have to prove its legitimacy now...

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

Many states are considering and some have passed laws to issue driver's licences to illegals......makes sense. Make them a different color and make sure they are trained and pay insurance. Fortunately each state can make that decision, and if hassling citizens is a game plan.......I guess the state which thinks that is good policy will not object to the hassles.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:http://www.pnj.com/article/20140119/OPINION/301190009/Viewpoint-New-rules-driver-s-licenses-absurd

...I realize the reason for this ludicrous law is to prevent illegal aliens from getting driver’s licenses. Well, guess what – all it will accomplish is to make them drive without licenses! I personally am appalled that I must go and apply for certified proof that I was married to a man who has been deceased for over a year. It’s like tearing open a wound that has not yet healed, a reminder of something that was precious to me but no longer exists. So thanks, state of Florida, for proving once again that you really show a lot of common sense when you wrap additional red tape around our lives!

If my driver’s license has been legitimate for 56 years and my last name has been legitimate enough for your purposes for the past 52 years, I should not have to prove its legitimacy now...

Curious, if your license has been legitimate for 56 years, how are you 62 years old? Fifty six would make you 72. Which is fine by why the deception?

As for proof that you were married to someone who is deceased, just pull a certified copy of the death certificate you have in your files and you're all set.

If you're not here legally, you don't get a drivers license. Seems pretty simple to me.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I guess the paranoia surrounding the national-security state extends to levels below Federal now.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

I am facing this in March and am not a happy camper about it. I do not have certified copies of marriages and divorces and must pay additional expenses to get certified copies besides the almost $50 fee for the license. It is ludicrous they will not accept a copy and make additional costs for citizens. They may make you take the written exam again too as well as the driving exam.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:http://www.pnj.com/article/20140119/OPINION/301190009/Viewpoint-New-rules-driver-s-licenses-absurd

Well Z, if you think that marrige liscense is all that required you are in for a rude awakening. However I know that is not your thoughts but those of the writer.

Dreamsglore wrote:I am facing this in March and am not a happy camper about it. I do not have certified copies of marriages and divorces and must pay additional expenses to get certified copies besides the almost $50 fee for the license. It is ludicrous they will not accept a copy and make additional costs for citizens. They may make you take the written exam again too as well as the driving exam.
I always kept certified copies of marriage & divorce, as well as a legal name change.  I went in with my social security card, proof of residence, and 6 certified documents.  They only looked at my current marriage.  We've been married over 30 years, but still, what's the point of producing the other documents if they aren't used in any way?  

Dreams, I did not have to take either the written or driving exam.

When I get my military ID renewed, they no longer ask for any documents. All they need is my driver's license because theoretically, all my personal history is attached to that license.

no stress

no stress

Glad she finally got her letter published. That's my mom

sorry guns. sorry for your mom.

I also hate how much of a pain in the ass it is to get your drivers licenses renewed.

I had to get a certified copy of my divorce papers( and I had a birth certificate and a current drivers license, but guess what my birth cert didn't match of course( and yes my social s card has both names, because when I got divorced I kept my married name( guess it seemed fishy). I had to get it from GEORGIA. it was a pain in the ass. I had to do it because I was just changing my address from Pensacola fl to naples fl..

but lets be clear and honest here. as much as I hated it, I am against giving ILLEGALS a drivers license. I am sick to death of the back door amnesty.

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I guess the paranoia surrounding the national-security state extends to levels below Federal now.

The requirements are to keep FL in compliance with the federal REAL ID Act of 2005. It keeps us safe from little old ladies like Gunz' mom.

Gunz wrote:Glad she finally got her letter published.    That's my mom

Good for her,Gunz! I totally agree w/ her. It's bullshit!

BirdyBack wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:I am facing this in March and am not a happy camper about it. I do not have certified copies of marriages and divorces and must pay additional expenses to get certified copies besides the almost $50 fee for the license. It is ludicrous they will not accept a copy and make additional costs for citizens. They may make you take the written exam again too as well as the driving exam.
I always kept certified copies of marriage & divorce, as well as a legal name change.  I went in with my social security card, proof of residence, and 6 certified documents.  They only looked at my current marriage.  We've been married over 30 years, but still, what's the point of producing the other documents if they aren't used in any way?  

When I get my military ID renewed, they no longer ask for any documents.  All they need is my driver's license because theoretically, all my personal history is attached to that license.

Thanks Birdie, that's good to know I may not have to take the tests but I'm having to get all my "certified" copies of marriages and divorces. It's more than a few and I don't want to be reminded of those idiots I married. I have erased them from my memories. I have to connect the dots all the way back to when I was 18 and it pisses me off not to mention a small fortune it will cost me. I only have copies.

Dreamsglore wrote:
BirdyBack wrote:

When I get my military ID renewed, they no longer ask for any documents.  All they need is my driver's license because theoretically, all my personal history is attached to that license.

Thanks Birdie, that's good to know I may not have to take the tests but I'm having to get all my "certified" copies of marriages and divorces. It's more than a few and I don't want to be reminded of those idiots I married. I have erased them from my memories. I have to connect the dots all the way back to when I was 18 and it  pisses me off not to mention a small fortune it will cost me. I only have copies.

lol! 

Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
BirdyBack wrote:

Thanks Birdie, that's good to know I may not have to take the tests but I'm having to get all my "certified" copies of marriages and divorces. It's more than a few and I don't want to be reminded of those idiots I married. I have erased them from my memories. I have to connect the dots all the way back to when I was 18 and it  pisses me off not to mention a small fortune it will cost me. I only have copies.

lol! 

Up your nose fattie.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Dreamsglore wrote:

Up your nose fattie.

Dreams, according to the DMV website, the below listed items is all you will need in order to renew your liscense. I see nothing regarding a certified copy of anything

Whether you're applying to renew a Florida drivers license online, in person or by mail, you will be required to provide the following documents:

One primary Proof of Identification
Two Proofs of Residency
One Proof of Social Security Number

Proof of Identification:

U.S. birth certificate or registration of birth (must be issued by an authorized United States government agency such as the Bureau of Vital Statistics or State Board of Health.)
U.S. Valid Passport or Passport Card
Unexpired foreign passport with a valid, unexpired U.S. visa affixed accompanied by the approved I-94 form documenting applicant's most recent admittance to the U.S. (See additional document requirements listed in the Non-U.S. Citizen section below).
Valid U.S. citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) documents
Certificate of Naturalization
Certificate of Citizenship
Permanent Resident Card

Proof of Residency:

Note: Your current driver license or ID card may not be used as proof of residential address. Proof must come from two different types of source.

Utility bill or Credit bill within the last 90 days
Federal, state or local government documents, such as receipts, licenses or assessments
Other documents containing your name and address may be accepted with manager approval.
Account statement from a bank or other financial institution issued within the last 90 days.

Social Security Documents (must contain the SSN):

Social security card (Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers are not accepted.)
Annual social security statement
U.S. Internal Revenue Service tax reporting W-2 form or 1099 form
Payroll check stub issued by employer
Unexpired U.S. Active Duty/Retiree/Reservist Military ID Card (DD-2 or Common Access Card) (ID cards of military dependents are not accepted.)

Deport them all...

You're not looking at the new regulations of 2010. All the certificates must be certified. No copies. You must also link the names by certified copies from your maiden name. If your were married twice you must have the marriage licenses and divorce decrees. So you need your birth certificate,two marriage licenses and a divorce decree-all certified.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Dreamsglore wrote:You're not looking at the new regulations of 2010. All the certificates must be certified. No copies. You must also link the names by certified copies from your maiden name. If your were married twice you must have the marriage licenses and divorce decrees. So you need your birth certificate,two marriage licenses and a divorce decree-all certified.

No you are right Dreams. I was looking at the http://www.dmvflorida.org/renew.shtml site. I also had to have mine renewed last week since my birthday was on the 16th and all the paperwork I took to the DMV was copies. There was nothing certified in any of my paperwork. All my certified paperwork is locked up in a safe deposit box at my bank. Whether they need certified copies or not, I do not know, but I do know from experience that I did not have certified copies of anything.

Ghost Rider wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:You're not looking at the new regulations of 2010. All the certificates must be certified. No copies. You must also link the names by certified copies from your maiden name. If your were married twice you must have the marriage licenses and divorce decrees. So you need your birth certificate,two marriage licenses and a divorce decree-all certified.

No you are right Dreams. I was looking at the http://www.dmvflorida.org/renew.shtml site. I also had to have mine renewed last week since my birthday was on the 16th and all the paperwork I took to the DMV was copies. There was nothing certified in any of my paperwork. All my certified paperwork is locked up in a safe deposit box at my bank. Whether they need certified copies or not, I do not know, but I do know from experience that I did not have certified copies of anything.

You will get a letter like Gunz' mom saying you have 60 days to get the certified copies and your license will only be good for 60 days.

Dreamsglore wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:

You will get a letter like Gunz' mom saying you have 60 days to get the certified copies and your license will only be good for 60 days.

it didnt say she got a letter in the mail. she said she went home with a drivers license only valid for 60 days.

I dont think he needs to worry about it. apparently guns mom had a strict person doing hers.

I really dont see what the fuss is.

Guns, do you and your mom think its ok if illegals get a drivers license?

dumpcare

I had mine renewed last year, nothing had to be certified. They asked for my social, birth certificate and an electric bill.

cool1

cool1

I had to get certified copy of birth cert--to get mine renewed --and husband had to get his from Texas -copy of bills--marriage that's about it. In Escambia county--they put yellow star on your DL----If you don't have the yellow star on it then you have to show all that -mine has a star so I don't have to show all that proof again -that's what the told me.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Markle wrote:

Curious, if your license has been legitimate for 56 years, how are you 62 years old?  Fifty six would make you 72.  Which is fine by why the deception?

As for proof that you were married to someone who is deceased, just pull a certified copy of the death certificate you have in your files and you're all set.

If you're not here legally, you don't get a drivers license.  Seems pretty simple to me.

Can you not read? This is a viewpoint in the PNJ. Nowhere does this woman claim to be any other age that she is. This law discriminates against women, who are the ones who assume the name of another when they marry. She's a widow, who got her first driver's license in 1956; if she was 16 at the time, that would make her most likely 74, since she's already renewing her license, which indicates she had a birthday in 2014. It's beyond ludicrous that anyone who already has a license should have to produce the documentation now required by the DMV to renew. This lady's comment is dead on.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Good for your mom, Gunz. I hope she sent copies to all the major newspapers and to our state and national legislators. These idiotic laws need changing.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Floridatexan wrote:
Good for your mom, Gunz. I hope she sent copies to all the major newspapers and to our state and national legislators. These idiotic laws need changing.

No we need more laws. Why have legislation if it isn't busy making us all criminals they can prey on for revenue ?...They got show us who's in charge you peon peasant serf slaves.

New law, wipe front to back no more than 3 times.
Never swallow your chewing gum.
No standing chairs to change a light bulb.
I got a million more...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum