Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Opera Opening Night Rant

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Opera Opening Night Rant Empty Opera Opening Night Rant 1/18/2014, 11:22 am

The Viking

The Viking

For a small 'town', last nights performance of Carmen at the Saenger was pretty impressive.

Honestly, I didn't expect much but having seen the same show in New York City, Madrid, & Venice with 'world-renowned' artists, these performers did a tremendous job; particularly Audrey Babcock, Chad Shelton, Jane Redding, and Michael Mayes...

The only issue I had was with the audience.

Seriously...

Coughing without covering your mouth, lady behind us?
Bringing a fidgety TODDLER to the opera?!
Chatty college idiots there ONLY for extra credit?

Stick to matinee performances, you clueless miscreants...leave opening night to those of us who appreciate fine arts; even if it IS on The Redneck Riviera!

2Opera Opening Night Rant Empty Re: Opera Opening Night Rant 1/18/2014, 5:40 pm

I'm always disappointed at the casual dress. The college students are supposed to dress appropriately. They also must get their tickets verified by an usher, both before and after a performance. Next time, consider asking the usher to make note of the behavior.

3Opera Opening Night Rant Empty Re: Opera Opening Night Rant 1/18/2014, 7:40 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Welcome home, Viking. How long will you be here?

4Opera Opening Night Rant Empty Re: Opera Opening Night Rant 1/18/2014, 10:01 pm

The Viking wrote:For a small 'town', last nights performance of Carmen at the Saenger was pretty impressive.

Honestly, I didn't expect much but having seen the same show in New York City, Madrid, & Venice with 'world-renowned' artists, these performers did a tremendous job; particularly Audrey Babcock, Chad Shelton, Jane Redding, and Michael Mayes...

The only issue I had was with the audience.

Seriously...

Coughing without covering your mouth, lady behind us?
Bringing a fidgety TODDLER to the opera?!
Chatty college idiots there ONLY for extra credit?

Stick to matinee performances, you clueless miscreants...leave opening night to those of us who appreciate fine arts; even if it IS on The Redneck Riviera!

oh goodness Viking, you go over to the arabs and make a teeny little wad and then come back and are having your day at being in the snobbish crowd lol.....

because making this announcement here and expecting pcola to hear it, well silly lol this isn't the news paper and most extra people here are socks. may I suggest you write a letter to the pnj editor.  Wink 

5Opera Opening Night Rant Empty Re: Opera Opening Night Rant 1/18/2014, 10:06 pm

2seaoat

most extra people here are socks

Yes they are. sigh

6Opera Opening Night Rant Empty Re: Opera Opening Night Rant 1/20/2014, 8:47 am

The Viking

The Viking

Floridatexan wrote:
Welcome home, Viking.  How long will you be here?

No idea, buddy...

Took my old job back for now, but am expecting a call for a project in Oman any day now...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum