Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Auburn vs FSU

+4
2seaoat
talknstang
Joanimaroni
Ghost Rider
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Auburn vs FSU Empty Auburn vs FSU 1/4/2014, 1:47 pm

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

If everything holds true to form so far, all the BCS bowl games the team that was statistically favored to win has actually lost the game.

Rose Bowl - Stanford favored - Michigan State won
Fiesta Bowl - Baylor favored - UCF won
Sugar Bowl - Alabama favored - Oklahoma won
Orange Bowl - Ohio State favored - Clemson won
BCS Championship - FSU favored - ??????? won

I'm hoping that the same does not hold true Monday night. The BCS championship in the form as it is today was ushered in by FSU who won the national championship. Since this is the last year of this championship, I think it would be fitting for FSU to close out the system with a win.

2Auburn vs FSU Empty Re: Auburn vs FSU 1/4/2014, 2:28 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Ghost Rider wrote:If everything holds true to form so far, all the BCS bowl games the team that was statistically favored to win has actually lost the game.

I'm hoping that the same does not hold true Monday night. The BCS championship in the form as it is today was ushered in by FSU who won the national championship. Since this is the last year of this championship, I think it would be fitting for FSU to close out the system with a win.

Let's change the BCS history.

3Auburn vs FSU Empty Re: Auburn vs FSU 1/4/2014, 2:33 pm

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Joanimaroni wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:If everything holds true to form so far, all the BCS bowl games the team that was statistically favored to win has actually lost the game.

Change history except for FSU winning the first and last BCS championship.

4Auburn vs FSU Empty Re: Auburn vs FSU 1/4/2014, 2:33 pm

talknstang

FSU 47 Auburn 21....my Noles prevail for their 3rd NC title. The Duke win looked all the better after Duke almost took the Aggies

5Auburn vs FSU Empty Re: Auburn vs FSU 1/4/2014, 2:34 pm

I think the odds makers favored stanford just because of the suspension of the msu middle linebacker.

It certainly hurt us... particularly in the first quarter... but then they picked it up. MSU was ranked higher.

6Auburn vs FSU Empty Re: Auburn vs FSU 1/4/2014, 2:35 pm

talknstang

Joanimaroni wrote:

Not only are we going to change it, we are going to end it. Thank God, although the 4-team playoff isn't the exact solution, it is an improvement. We will see how things shake come the end of the season and who is trying to fill that #4 spot

7Auburn vs FSU Empty Re: Auburn vs FSU 1/4/2014, 2:38 pm

2seaoat

I am making no predictions until after the game when I am celebrating.

8Auburn vs FSU Empty Re: Auburn vs FSU 1/4/2014, 2:43 pm

Sal

Sal

I'll be rooting for Auburn, but I don't feel particularly confident.

Mr. Oats needs to get on here and predict a resounding FSU victory, and I'll feel a lot better about it.

9Auburn vs FSU Empty Re: Auburn vs FSU 1/4/2014, 2:48 pm

2seaoat

I'll be rooting for Auburn, but I don't feel particularly confident.

Mr. Oats needs to get on here and predict a resounding FSU victory, and I'll feel a lot better about it.

After playing 60 hours of poker this week to qualify for a regional tournament that goes to Vegas in June.......I think I will sleep through the game, and my Prediction is that Baylor should dominate the game........but I will be party monster Monday night when I wake up.

10Auburn vs FSU Empty Re: Auburn vs FSU 1/4/2014, 2:50 pm

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Sal wrote:I'll be rooting for Auburn, but I don't feel particularly confident.

Mr Oat is saying he ain't gonna make any predictions until after the game, that is pretty much a useless prediction isn't it?

11Auburn vs FSU Empty Re: Auburn vs FSU 1/4/2014, 3:15 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I will be an Auburn fan for one night Monday. I don't root for no Seminoles.

My attitude comes from working with a bunch of FSU grads in the early 90s, who thought their caca didn't stink. It reminded me of UC Berkeley grads in California. Institutional snobbery is rampant at both FSU and UC Berkeley.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

12Auburn vs FSU Empty Re: Auburn vs FSU 1/4/2014, 7:00 pm

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I will be an Auburn fan for one night Monday. I don't root for no Seminoles.

My attitude comes from working with a bunch of FSU grads in the early 90s, who thought their caca didn't stink. It reminded me of UC Berkeley grads in California. Institutional snobbery is rampant at both FSU and UC Berkeley.

Well unfortunately, just about all college footballs are basically the same when it comes to their team. You obviously have never been to an Alabama game. FSU is pale in comparison to Alabama. Alabama fans have their nose so high in the air that I am surprised they don't drown in a rain storm. Second to Alabama has to be Florida,

13Auburn vs FSU Empty Re: Auburn vs FSU 1/4/2014, 8:45 pm

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

I want Auburn to win so that the SEC maintains the title. But I think FSU will win, and that is OK too. I believe it will be a good game to watch, no matter the outcome.

14Auburn vs FSU Empty Re: Auburn vs FSU 1/7/2014, 1:29 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

What a ride.....great game.

15Auburn vs FSU Empty Re: Auburn vs FSU 1/7/2014, 1:37 am

Ghost Rider wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I will be an Auburn fan for one night Monday. I don't root for no Seminoles.

Well unfortunately, just about all college footballs are basically the same when it comes to their team. You obviously have never been to an Alabama game. FSU is pale in comparison to Alabama. Alabama fans have their nose so high in the air that I am surprised they don't drown in a rain storm. Second to Alabama has to be Florida,

agreed, although I think the gators are the snootiest of all.

16Auburn vs FSU Empty Re: Auburn vs FSU 1/7/2014, 11:58 am

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

2seaoat wrote:I am making no predictions until after the game when I am celebrating.

How's that celebration going?

17Auburn vs FSU Empty Re: Auburn vs FSU 1/7/2014, 8:28 pm

Markle

Markle

Auburn vs FSU FSUWinningTouchdown

18Auburn vs FSU Empty Re: Auburn vs FSU 1/10/2014, 11:06 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

What a way to end a perfect season!

Auburn vs FSU 10117610

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]