Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I may have been the potential victim of a carjacking last Saturday

+4
Joanimaroni
cool1
TEOTWAWKI
Hospital Bob
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I was driving away from the Walmart gas station on Mobile Highway.  
It was raining.
All of a sudden,  a rough looking (white) woman got in front of my car and stopped me.
When I rolled down the window she said "I'm freezing,  please let me get in your car out of the rain".

I said "hell no" and drove on.  And when I got beyond her I looked back to see what she was doing.  She walked right into the gas station and got into a pickup on the passenger side and I could see there was another person behind the wheel.
She didn't go around and ask the driver if she could get in the car like she did me.   She just opened the passenger door and got in like she belonged in that pickup.  

I can only speculate,  but it appears to me she was probably going to get in my car and pull a gun on me and tell me to start driving.  While the dude in the pickup would then follow us.
I was probably targeted as an old man in a Prius.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Sounds right to me...way to go Bob...glad you got a brain !

Get pictures next time !

I am sure the police in your case would have been right on top of it and drawn a lovely chalk outline

cool1

cool1

You did the right thing Bob , I had a guy come up to my window in New Orleans , I thought he wanted directions --It cost me in a bad way that gave me nightmares forever ! Now I open my window for no one .  Mad

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Damn Prius.

Joanimaroni wrote:Damn Prius.

A Prius is a Luxury car on the Westside.

Notice to all you good people. Stay away from the Murphy Gas station on Navy Blvd and 98 after dark. Bad Place.

Mr Ichi wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Damn Prius.

A Prius is a Luxury car on the Westside.

I was wondering what Bob meant by that... lol. He should've just handed her the mist... that'll warm your blood.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

1.  An old man (the perception for predators is old people are more weak and helpless)

2.  In a Prius (the perception for lowlife scum is that people who drive a Prius are pussies who are also weak and helpless).

Do the math.

And no,  I aint about to call no cops when there's an open container in the car.
It doesn't matter if it's a closed bottle of whiskey,  the law says it's still an open container.
As I said in the other thread,  I avoid BOTH criminals AND cops whenever it can be avoided.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Could have been a prostitute. A friend had a similar experience. He told her there was no way she was getting in the car unless he knew what was going on. She went on to concede the fact that she was prostitute and was looking for some work.

no stress

no stress

boards of FL wrote:Could have been a prostitute.  A friend had a similar experience.  He told her there was no way she was getting in the car unless he knew what was going on.  She went on to concede the fact that she was prostitute and was looking for some work.
Very True. What did she look like? You could have got a little holiday cheer.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards of FL wrote:Could have been a prostitute.  A friend had a similar experience.  He told her there was no way she was getting in the car unless he knew what was going on.  She went on to concede the fact that she was prostitute and was looking for some work.

It's possible.   We'll never know for sure.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Gunz wrote:

What did she look like?

About like that woman panhandler you see at the intersection of Brent Lane and I-110.
If she was a hooker,  her rates would have to be pretty low.  lol

no stress

no stress

Bob wrote:
Gunz wrote:

What did she look like?

About like that woman panhandler you see at the intersection of Brent Lane and I-110.
If she was a hooker,  her rates would have to be pretty low.  lol
well crap! I used to have a house trailer on citrus a long long time ago. Some of the girls were quite nice. I felt sorry for them as most were druggies. Good going on not taking the bait bob. A lot of folks don't go to condition red when a stranger walks up to their door. I'll crack the window and see what they want but the safety is off on the .45 and its pointed at them right beside the window button.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I had an experience about 25 years ago,  Gunz,  that soured me for the rest of my life on "needy" people.  If it hadn't been for that I would probably be a pushover like others.

A friend was behind an old beat up pickup which had broke down going northbound on the bay bridge.  My friend pushed the truck into Wayside Park.
There were two adults and a teenager in the cab.  And four other smaller kids riding in the bed of the truck.  The daddy told him he was penniless.  Had gone from Texas to Marianna where he had been promised a roofing job and the job didn't happen so he was trying to get the family back to Texas.

My friend then came knocking on my door for help.  We went back down there and took him to a junkyard and bought him a transmission for the truck.   He and a homeless guy who was living in the park installed the transmission with tools borrowed from me.

My friend put the family (and the homeless guy) in a vacant rental house his mother owned.
I gave the daddy a job roofing a house I owned in Warrington.

To make a very long story short (about 3 months worth),  both the daddy and the homeless guy turned out to be ex-cons.  And the worst drunks I've ever encountered in my life.   I ended up having to do the roof job myself.  
The daddy and the homeless guy started fighting right away.
The teenager ran off and nobody ever saw him again. 
They raised chickens in the bathtub of the rental house.  They started a fire and burned up the bedroom of the house.  And then we finally got shed of them.

About a month later we turned on the Channel 3 news and the lead story was the Daddy had run up a guy wire on a utility pole on Scenic Highway with the kids in the back of the truck and one of them was thrown out and killed.

And then about a year later I turned on the Mobile tv news and the lead story was the cops stopped the daddy on an arson warrant (he must have been a firebug) in Foley.  He took off on a high speed police chase which ended at the intersection of I-10 and I-65 in west Mobile where he wrecked.

What started out as wanting to help the downtrodden in distress turned out to be a miserable nightmare.
And it warped my thinking about people in distress forever.

Last edited by Bob on 12/31/2013, 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

A Navy buddy of mine with a big heart in Hawaii helped out a young couple with a new baby that were very poor and had no transportation. He sold them a nice car cheap. Which they never paid him for. They wrecked it after a couple months and he got fined for the car being left on the side of the road and the towing because they never bothered having the title transferred....

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

There's scummy trash.

And there's poor people struggling to survive.

And they're NOT the same people.

It was my friend yella who finally turned my thinking around for me to be able to appreciate that.  And it wasn't because of anything he told me.  It was from watching how he relates to the truly poor and well meaning people who are working menial jobs and trying to survive in a goddamn mean tough world.

Neither yella nor me are big on religion.  And I don't need to be when I have him as a role model.

2seaoat

Bob,
I think Boards nailed it. I was approached in a Montgomery gas station, and literally she got in my front seat asking for a ride. Every person in the gas station knew what she was doing and I should of just been a dick and demanded she get out. Instead I drove her to the entrance to Maxwell AFB, all the while being begged to have me partake in her services.... which she kept repeating would I like a "date". She was sadly about 25 and a meth head, whose clothes were dirty. I literally felt like taking her to a Wal Mart and paying for some new clothes, but I knew I really would not be helping her....at that time she was the age of my daughter.

The guy in the truck was probably her pimp and would keep an eye on her because getting in a car with anyone you do not know is crazy dangerous. However, nothing is in the rule book that a prostitute will not stick a gun in your ribs, but they can make more money sticking to prostitution.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

If she'd been 25 I'd probably have gone for it.  A youthful female body causes me to lose my inhibitions.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Here's a tip for all of you who want to avoid confrontations with criminals.

When I'm out in the urban jungle,  I'm usually wearing this hat.

I may have been the potential victim of a carjacking last Saturday Nypd10

Why?  Because most criminals (and ruffians of all kinds) will not fuck with what they think may be a retired New York City cop.  And it works too because I've seen it work when I'm wearing the hat.
I screwed up and wasn't wearing it Saturday.  I won't be caught without it on my head again.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:A Navy buddy of mine with a big heart in Hawaii helped out a young couple with a new baby that were very poor and had no transportation. He sold them a nice car cheap. Which they never paid him for. They wrecked it after a couple months and he got fined for the car being left on the side of the road and the towing because they never bothered having the title transferred....

I had the same thing happen  I sold/gave a couple with a baby a Honda I had.  One day my wife called me at work(we had since been divorced) and said the cops were looking for me as the Honda was abandoned on 9 ave. I said bull shit as I had sold the car 2 years before.  I jumped in my truck and sure enough there was my old Honda.  The right rear wheel had broken off.  I was able to rig it and get it home.  They left a lot of the Baby's stuff in the car along with some blankets and such.  I guess they were living  in it.   they had somehow put in a change of address and just renewed my old tag.  I never did find out what happened to them.  Lesson learned.  

Thinking back, that is not the entire story. The car was registered in my daughters name and she was living in Canada. The police were looking for my Daughter and had got in contact with my ex. Long story. But I scrapped the damn car so part of it is now in someones beer can

Last edited by Mr Ichi on 12/31/2013, 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Solution- sig Sauer tac ops .40 cal on your front seat in plain view

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Mr Ichi wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:A Navy buddy of mine with a big heart in Hawaii helped out a young couple with a new baby that were very poor and had no transportation. He sold them a nice car cheap. Which they never paid him for. They wrecked it after a couple months and he got fined for the car being left on the side of the road and the towing because they never bothered having the title transferred....

I had the same thing happen  I sold/gave a couple with a baby a Honda I had.  One day my wife called me at work(we had since been divorced) and said the cops were looking for me as the Honda was abandoned on 9 ave. I said bull shit as I had sold the car 2 years before.  I jumped in my truck and sure enough there was my old Honda.  The right rear wheel had broken off.  I was able to rig it and get it home.  They left a lot of the Baby's stuff in the car along with some blankets and such.  I guess they were living  in it.   they had somehow put in a change of address and just renewed my old tag.  I never did find out what happened to them.  Lesson learned.  

Your heart was in the right place. I sometimes try to help people even relatives, what they do with my help I try not to let concern me...

Glad you didnt get hi jacked bob.

Ill keep my highway horror stories to myself.  Razz 

boards of FL

boards of FL

Is this how it went, Bob?

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:I was driving away from the Walmart gas station on Mobile Highway.  
It was raining.
All of a sudden,  a rough looking (white) woman got in front of my car and stopped me.
When I rolled down the window she said "I'm freezing,  please let me get in your car out of the rain".

I said "hell no" and drove on.  And when I got beyond her I looked back to see what she was doing.  She walked right into the gas station and got into a pickup on the passenger side and I could see there was another person behind the wheel.
She didn't go around and ask the driver if she could get in the car like she did me.   She just opened the passenger door and got in like she belonged in that pickup.  

I can only speculate,  but it appears to me she was probably going to get in my car and pull a gun on me and tell me to start driving.  While the dude in the pickup would then follow us.
I was probably targeted as an old man in a Prius.

Who is going to steal a Prius?

Was this before or after you rescued the little children from the burning building, exploding car and the puppies from the attacking Pit Bull?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum