Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mormon Think - Lying for the Lord

+7
Sal
TEOTWAWKI
Hospital Bob
ZVUGKTUBM
Granny4Peace
Nekochan
Floridatexan
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.mormonthink.com/lying.htm

A fairly comprehensive site. Scary.

I have noticed a lot of commercials that are showing Mormons as regular people. (showing a family doing family things, then at the end "... and I am a Mormon")

No mention of Romney, but it appeared to be an obvious attempt to alleviate concerns that he is a Mormon.

Personally, I didn't think it was an issue. Are they making it one?

Nekochan

Nekochan

Floridatexan wrote:
http://www.mormonthink.com/lying.htm

A fairly comprehensive site. Scary.

I wouldn't worry too much because Obama is building God's Kingdom here on Earth for all of us.

Granny4Peace

Granny4Peace

Read some books about the Mormon religion. A good one to start with is "Under the Banner of Heaven." by Jon Krakaur. Another is "Leaving the Saints" by Martha Beck.

Joseph Smith was a former employee of P T Barnum. What does that tell you?
I am a firm believer of freedom of religion, or freedom from religion, but I wouldn't want a President who came from such a patriarchal background.

Nekochan

Nekochan

It doesn't matter what Romney believes. Our Kingdom of Heaven is being built by President Obama.

I don't know how a truly religious person can have as much Greed as romney.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Ha, ha. I see that y'all are busy disliking me. Don't hate the messenger! I didn't say it, Obama did! Do you dislike him, or just me?

Nekochan

Nekochan

LOL. Don't you have a response, or can you only hit the dislike button? Laughing

Nekochan

Nekochan

http://articles.cnn.com/2007-10-08/politics/obama.faith_1_obama-s-south-carolina-rick-warren-faith?_s=PM:POLITICS

Barack Obama, Oct 7, 2007:

"We're going to keep on praising together. I am confident that we can create a Kingdom right here on Earth."

Isn't this a little scary? Romney isn't going around (yet, anyway) saying stuff like this!

Nekochan

Nekochan

Ok, so y'all who dislike me but who fail to respond....do you dislike what I said or do you dislike what Obama said? Do you have anything to say about Obama's words, or are you just going to push your little dislike button, secretly?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Nekochan wrote:It doesn't matter what Romney believes. Our Kingdom of Heaven is being built by President Obama.

What the hell does that even mean?

Nekochan

Nekochan

I didn't say it, FT...it's a direct quote from Obama. Sounds pretty clear to me though--he wants to create God's Kingdom here on Earth.

Direct quote:
"We're going to keep on praising together. I am confident that we can create a Kingdom right here on Earth."

You've been busy studying up on what Romney believes (or what other people say he believes). This direct quote of Obama's was from 2007. Haven't you studied up on Obama's beliefs? You've had several years.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

The first time I even noticed Obama was when he spoke at the Democratic National Convention in 2004. I knew then that he was headed for greater things. I don't believe you can say the same about Romney, no matter how hard you dig into his (seedy) past. In fact, the more you dig, the more disillusioned you will become. He is probably the closest living human epitomizing the concept of the empty suit, although he probably IS smarter than George W. Bush.

Nekochan

Nekochan

So only Romney's religion matters to you, not Obama's?

Nekochan wrote:LOL. Don't you have a response, or can you only hit the dislike button? Laughing
That sounds like someone who has a problem being liked..
I'm kinda pissed that my ratings are so high on this site..
I don't understand how a 1%er like romney can Fool so many middle class voters. That Scum is the most fucked up politician that I've ever seen.
bush was bad enough, now the republican party wants to try to pick it up to the extreme, it will be the end for them.. Ron Paul is the Only one who can get us out of this mess..

Nekochan

Nekochan

Lurch wrote:
Nekochan wrote:LOL. Don't you have a response, or can you only hit the dislike button? Laughing
That sounds like someone who has a problem being liked..
I'm kinda pissed that my ratings are so high on this site..
I don't understand how a 1%er like romney can Fool so many middle class voters. That Scum is the most fucked up politician that I've ever seen.
bush was bad enough, now the republican party wants to try to pick it up to the extreme, it will be the end for them.. Ron Paul is the Only one who can get us out of this mess..

Problem being liked? No, I don't think so. I thought it was telling that y'all pressed the dislike button on me but refused to comment on Obama's religious statement.
This thread is about Romney's beliefs, isn't it? How about Obama's own statements about his beliefs? Does it only matter what Romney believes, not what Obama believes?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I served with quite a few Mormons when I was in the Military. A great many of them serve because they are a nationalistic and patriotic bunch of folks.

I never had any Mormons try to proselytize me in any way; I do remember changing into my flight suit in the locker room one day, and seeing a Mormon pilot changing into his flight suit as well. I was kind of stricken by the funny one-piece underwear he was wearing, and asked him what it was. He told me it was required by his religion, and I let it go.

The other things I remember is they were striving to have as many children as they could punch out--even when pregnancy was a health hazard. They all kept food storages, too. The food storages posed a problem for military moves because the government would not ship them for them; so they would try and sell them to incoming members, and buy the food storage of an outgoing member where they were moving.

All in all, it struck me as wierd, in a big way. I would never tie myself to a religion with so much legalism as Mormonism has.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

It's like this. You're voting agin obama. And rightly so.
But give it two years into Romney's term. And mark my words that you aint gonna like him either and then we'll be looking for the next evil of two lessers.
And as we go further and further into decline the evil of two lessers will get even lesser.
I realize many of you think obama is the end of the decline and the replacement will turn that decline around.
Please. Stop embarrasing yourselves.

Last edited by Buttman on 8/9/2012, 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nekochan

Nekochan

Good post, Z. I wouldn't go the way of Mormonism, either. But the Mormons I know are decent people. I respect their beliefs as long as they aren't trying to force their way on everyone else.
Why is Romney's religion an issue but Obama's isn't? That is my question.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Nekochan wrote:Good post, Z. I wouldn't go the way of Mormonism, either. But the Mormons I know are decent people. I respect their beliefs as long as they aren't trying to force their way on everyone else.
Neither's religion means squatola. It's just a distraction.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

At this level none of them care about religion. At this level all they care about is having the power and keeping the power. Everything else takes a big back seat.

Buttman wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Good post, Z. I wouldn't go the way of Mormonism, either. But the Mormons I know are decent people. I respect their beliefs as long as they aren't trying to force their way on everyone else.
Neither's religion means squatola. It's just a distraction.
It's an easy way to prey on the weak.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Buttman wrote:It's like this. You're voting agin obama. And rightly so.
But give it two years into Romney's term. And mark my words that you aint gonna like him either and then we'll be looking for the next evil of two lessers.
And as we go further and further into decline the evil of two lessers will get even lesser.
I realize many of you think obama is the end of the decline and the replacement will turn that decline around.
Please. Stop embarrasing yourselves.

Oh, no....I don't think that, Bob. I am worried no matter who wins. I don't think either side has the guts to do what needs to be done. But I know that Obama won't even try to do what is needed. I'm willing to give Romney a chance. I don't think he's our savior though, by any means.

My question has to do with why Romney's religion is important but Obama's isn't?

Last edited by Nekochan on 8/9/2012, 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

buttman wrote:And as we go further and further into decline the evil of two lessers will get even lesser.

I was wondering if you were still around, man. Evil of two lessers... I like that.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Nekochan wrote:

My question has to do with why Romney's religion is important but Obama's isn't?
I already answered that. Neither's religion is important.
Both sides are gonna use that to distract us.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum