Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Help!

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Help! Empty Help! 12/14/2013, 5:41 pm

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

I never paid much mind to health insurance as I've always been healthy aside from many broken bones from horses. This year I also broke a wrist from dogs of all things which led me to thinking like my Daughters do...I'm too dam old for what I try to do, BS

So..........I looked into the insurance site ( not the Governments) and found that my premiums were an easy 12g. Ugh.

What really upset me and made me question is that they offered a rider for "stroke", "heart attack" or "high blood pressure".

I thought those were the things we were insuring against. Major issues!
I'll admit that I'm very confused in what we are being offered...one size fits all?

I am confused by it all and would appreciate response. !% is not the same for everyone.

2Help! Empty Re: Help! 12/14/2013, 6:03 pm

2seaoat

Send ppaca a PM and he will help you. He has helped many on this forum.

3Help! Empty Re: Help! 12/14/2013, 6:20 pm

2seaoat wrote:

Send ppaca a PM and he will help you. He has helped many on this forum.

Good advice... he seems to know his stuff. I'd suggest you not skimp much on this... I increased my coverage this year.

I'm starting to have more issues from physically abusing my body... too much sun and fun. Wouldn't trade it tho.

4Help! Empty Re: Help! 12/14/2013, 6:27 pm

dumpcare

stormwatch89 wrote:I never paid much mind to health insurance as I've always been healthy aside from many broken bones from horses. This year I also broke a wrist from dogs of all things which led me to thinking like my Daughters do...I'm too dam old for what I try to do, BS

So..........I looked into the insurance site ( not the Governments) and found that my premiums were an easy 12g. Ugh.

What really upset me and made me question is that they offered a rider for "stroke", "heart attack" or "high blood pressure".

I thought those were the things we were insuring against.  Major issues!
I'll admit that I'm very confused in what we are being offered...one size fits all?

I am confused by it all and would appreciate response.  !% is not the same for everyone.

If it's a legit site it's all going to be compliant with the obamacare law. The rider's are extra and no if it is a true major medical policy you are already covered for that in your policy. If it's golden rule owned by UHC better check the network out because they pulled out of the senior market around here for 2014. There are many plans out there but if you are in your early 60's, yes the best plan with most will be around 12g a year.

5Help! Empty Re: Help! 12/14/2013, 9:36 pm

stormwatch89 wrote:I never paid much mind to health insurance as I've always been healthy aside from many broken bones from horses. This year I also broke a wrist from dogs of all things which led me to thinking like my Daughters do...I'm too dam old for what I try to do, BS

I am confused by it all and would appreciate response.  !% is not the same for everyone.

You should go on the Gov.site Storm and look at their policies. You won't be eligible for a subsidy but you can look at the policies offered for much less. My policy is $575 for a 90/10 copay and $500 deductible. $5 prescriptions and Dr. visits. You don't need a rider when you have health insurance. That's just a scam.

6Help! Empty Re: Help! 12/14/2013, 10:08 pm

dumpcare

Same price on or off exchange unless you are receiving a subsidy.

7Help! Empty Re: Help! 12/15/2013, 3:08 am

ppaca wrote:Same price on or off exchange unless you are receiving a subsidy.

Well if she was quoted $12000 then she's not finding these prices off the exchange.

8Help! Empty Re: Help! 12/15/2013, 10:28 am

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Golly Molly, I'm more confused than before, but thank you!

Do you know P which insurances GB hospital accepts?

If my dogs sit on me, that's where I'll go!

9Help! Empty Re: Help! 12/15/2013, 10:54 am

dumpcare

Don't let dreams confuse you, her subsidy allowed her to purchase a silver plan and once the subsidy is applied to a silver it changes the landscape of that plan and give's her less cost sharing. You cannot find those exact deductible's without doing and receiving a subsidy. If you know for certain you will not qualify for a subsidy don't even mess with healthcare.gov

Baptist facilitie's for certain are provider's for Florida Blue and last I heard Humana and probably Aetna. Best way to find out all the company's they are contracted with is to call the billing departments and ask for a supervisor.

Go here and put in your estimated modified adjusted gross income for next year or use 2012 and after you put the figures in scroll down and it will tell you an estimate of a subsidy.

http://kff.org/interactive/subsidy-calculator/#state=fl&zip=32503&income-type=dollars&income=48000&employer-coverage=0&people=3&alternate-plan-family=individual&adult-count=2&adults%5B0%5D%5Bage%5D=28&adults%5B0%5D%5Btobacco%5D=0&adults%5B1%5D%5Bage%5D=32&adults%5B1%5D%5Btobacco%5D=0&child-count=1&child-tobacco=0

10Help! Empty Re: Help! 12/15/2013, 10:56 am

dumpcare

Dreamsglore wrote:
ppaca wrote:Same price on or off exchange unless you are receiving a subsidy.

Well if she was quoted $12000 then she's not finding these prices off the exchange.

You are quoted, before subsidy, the exact same prices on or off exchange. If you just go in to shop plans on exchange and do nothing else you are seeing average rates.

11Help! Empty Re: Help! 12/15/2013, 11:13 am

ppaca wrote:

If it's a legit site it's all going to be compliant with the obamacare law. The rider's are extra and no if it is a true major medical policy you are already covered for that in your policy. If it's golden rule owned by UHC better check the network out because they pulled out of the senior market around here for 2014. There are many plans out there but if you are in your early 60's, yes the best plan with most will be around 12g a year.

Yikes!

Thomas, why don't you talk to Storm in private and sell her a plan. you're local and she is in the market.

12Help! Empty Re: Help! 12/15/2013, 11:17 am

dumpcare

It's ok to contact me.

13Help! Empty Re: Help! 12/15/2013, 11:21 am

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Thank you.

Wow 12 g in beach taxes that we weren't supposed to pay
12g in health insurance
3.8% on something?
property insurance from 3000 to 30000....it's getting tough

14Help! Empty Re: Help! 12/15/2013, 11:28 am

dumpcare

There are cheaper plans the very best plan is that expensive.

15Help! Empty Re: Help! 12/15/2013, 12:51 pm

ppaca wrote:Don't let dreams confuse you, her subsidy allowed her to purchase a silver plan and once the subsidy is applied to a silver it changes the landscape of that plan and give's her less cost sharing. You cannot find those exact deductible's without doing and receiving a subsidy. If you know for certain you will not qualify for a subsidy don't even mess with healthcare.gov

Baptist facilitie's for certain are provider's for Florida Blue and last I heard Humana and probably Aetna. Best way to find out all the company's they are contracted with is to call the billing departments and ask for a supervisor.

Go here and put in your estimated modified adjusted gross income for next year or use 2012 and after you put the figures in scroll down and it will tell you an estimate of a subsidy.

http://kff.org/interactive/subsidy-calculator/#state=fl&zip=32503&income-type=dollars&income=48000&employer-coverage=0&people=3&alternate-plan-family=individual&adult-count=2&adults%5B0%5D%5Bage%5D=28&adults%5B0%5D%5Btobacco%5D=0&adults%5B1%5D%5Bage%5D=32&adults%5B1%5D%5Btobacco%5D=0&child-count=1&child-tobacco=0

That doesn't make any sense,ppcca. The price I was quoted was before the subsidy and the price of the policy at $575. I'm not paying $575 because of the subsidy but you saying the prices are the same on and off the marketplace then wouldn't be true. You are confusing people when you say that... not me.

16Help! Empty Re: Help! 12/15/2013, 1:05 pm

Dreams quit
Lying

17Help! Empty Re: Help! 12/15/2013, 1:45 pm

Lying about what,dork?

18Help! Empty Re: Help! 12/15/2013, 2:39 pm

dumpcare

Dreamsglore wrote:
ppaca wrote:Don't let dreams confuse you, her subsidy allowed her to purchase a silver plan and once the subsidy is applied to a silver it changes the landscape of that plan and give's her less cost sharing. You cannot find those exact deductible's without doing and receiving a subsidy. If you know for certain you will not qualify for a subsidy don't even mess with healthcare.gov

That doesn't make any sense,ppcca. The price I was quoted was before the subsidy and the price of the policy at $575. I'm not paying $575 because of the subsidy but you saying the prices are the same on and off the marketplace then wouldn't be true. You are confusing people when you say that... not me.

So I just gave you the benefit of the doubt since they change that site more than anyone changes their underwear and I stand by my statement. I ran quotes on exchange and then went to my carrier website and ran same quotes, same price on or off no difference. I must say the site has actually come in line with the insurance company it used to be just an average price. If one does not qualify for a subsidy there is absolutely no reason in the world you would want to purchase on exchange. I did take someone through our carrier website the other day and to figure subsidy which ended up zero and they insisted for me to take it right back to the exchange and enroll and that is because they think they are going to lose a good part of their income next year and it would be easier for them to call an 800 number and get them to give the subsidy.

19Help! Empty Re: Help! 12/15/2013, 4:13 pm

ppaca wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

So I just gave you the benefit of the doubt since they change that site more than anyone changes their underwear and I stand by my statement. I ran quotes on exchange and then went to my carrier website and ran same quotes, same price on or off no difference. I must say the site has actually come in line with the insurance company it used to be just an average price. If one does not qualify for a subsidy there is absolutely no reason in the world you would want to purchase on exchange. I did take someone through our carrier website the other day and to figure subsidy which ended up zero and they insisted for me to take it right back to the exchange and enroll and that is because they think they are going to lose a good part of their income next year and it would be easier for them to call an 800 number and get them to give the subsidy.

Thomas, if you havnt learned by now, dreams and seaoat know more about our professions and anyone elses on here.  Wink 

20Help! Empty Re: Help! 12/15/2013, 4:27 pm

Got that right Chrissy...ROFLMAO

21Help! Empty Re: Help! 12/15/2013, 7:50 pm

Chrissy wrote:
ppaca wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Thomas, if you havnt learned by now, dreams and seaoat know more about our professions and anyone elses on here.  Wink 

oh you're an insurance agent now?

22Help! Empty Re: Help! 12/15/2013, 9:07 pm

Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
ppaca wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

oh you're an insurance agent now?

no Thomas is.

Im just pointing it out that you and seaoat always think you know more about other peoples professions than they do. Although, he got it, most here already knew that.

23Help! Empty Re: Help! 12/16/2013, 12:16 am

I don't think anywhere in my conversation w/ ppaca did ever infer I knew more than he did. I simply pointed out my price was $575 before the subsidy and that shouldn't change if someone else purchases the same policy.. so your comment is pretty stupid as usual.

24Help! Empty Re: Help! 12/16/2013, 12:18 am

Chrissy wrote:
ppaca wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Why would you identify him by his first name then scream when someone calls you by yours?

25Help! Empty Re: Help! 12/16/2013, 12:20 am

ppaca wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

What do you mean you gave me the benefit of doubt? for what? You said the price was the same on the exchange and off so why would the deductible be different for the same price? This is what doesn't make sense.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum