Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Social Security...Stiff the geezers!

+5
ZVUGKTUBM
2seaoat
Sal
Hospital Bob
TEOTWAWKI
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.garynorth.com/public/11875.cfm

My critic is typical of Tea Party supporters above the age of 65. He wants his welfare, and he wants to soak the rich to make sure he gets paid. This is the second-largest welfare state program in history, after Medicare, and he thinks it is a wonderful thing. He thinks he has both a moral and legal claim on other people's money. He hates the welfare state . . . except that portion of it which subsidizes him with other people's money. He has tens of millions of welfare recipients on his side. This is why the costs will grow, the deficits will grow, and the Social Security system will eventually go belly-up, taking with it a generation of fools who do understand that government IOUs are not money, and political promises are not an insurance program.

Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid are why the federal government is steadily going bankrupt. The disparity -- unfunded liabilities -- between what the politicians have promised the voters and what must be paid out is around $200 trillion in present value. This is why, at some point, younger voters are going to send Congressmen to Washington with this command: "Stiff the geezers!" That is exactly what Congress will do.

I say: "The sooner, the better."

And I'm one of the geezers.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

at some point, younger voters are going to send Congressmen to Washington with this command: "Stiff the geezers!" That is exactly what Congress will do.

That is as inevitable as the sunrise and sunset. One day Sal will get his wish and "the worst generation evar" will find it's place underneath the bus.
I envision a lot of 80 year olds who become homeless. But the only good news is we won't have to suffer that for very long, because without health care we'll die quickly.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:at some point, younger voters are going to send Congressmen to Washington with this command: "Stiff the geezers!" That is exactly what Congress will do.

That is as inevitable as the sunrise and sunset.  One day Sal will get his wish and "the worst generation evar" will find it's place underneath the bus.  
I envision a lot of 80 year olds who become homeless.  But the only good news is we won't have to suffer that for very long,  because without health care we'll die quickly.

I love your optimism that we will all be here when that happens...I think the youts have a big surprise in order...they will be just as broke and homeless as us...

Throwing everyone over sixty into concentration camps and confiscating their wealth would give the country a clean slate.

Until next time.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PkrBum wrote:Throwing everyone over sixty into concentration camps and confiscating their wealth would give the country a clean slate.

Until next time.

Social Security...Stiff the geezers! Logans-Run

Sal

Sal

Good lord, has there ever been a more entitled bunch of whiny-ass cowards as the Baby Boomers?

No, there has not.

You shit the mother fucking bed, then sit in it crying that the bed has been shat and the people coming to clean it up are bogeymen.

Sal wrote:Good lord, has there ever been a more entitled bunch of whiny-ass cowards as the Baby Boomers?

No, there has not.

You shit the mother fucking bed, then sit in it crying that the bed has been shat and the people coming to clean it up are bogeymen.

Not me... get er done. What I can't stand is the slow roll to the cliff... give us a push ya bunch of panty waists.

I've never seen such wussified leftists.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

You might want to wait until I am feeble though.. I am still a crack shot....probably could whoop a few of you hand to hand if needed,,,but yeah gotta happen sometime.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:You might want to wait until I am feeble though.

That was my whole point. It WILL happen when you and I and millions more of us are the most feeble.
It's just nature. It's the old and sick and feeble animals who are most preyed upon. And regardless of what the book you worship says, we're animals just like all the rest.

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:

Not me... get er done. What I can't stand is the slow roll to the cliff... give us a push ya bunch of panty waists.

I've never seen such wussified leftists.

Wow.

Such bravery in the face of imminent DOOM ...

... DOOM, I tellz ya ...

... did I mention that we're DOOMED?

lol

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Naw Bob we boomers may just eat our young...sometimes the battle is not to the swift but to the down right desperate and mean.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The budget deal does nothing to reform spending on medicare and social security, Sal. That is the thing that's eventually going to bankrupt the country.
You younger people should be on that like dog flies on shit. But you believe in Paul Krugman fairy tales.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Pssst Bob didn't you get the Memo..Sals and old fart now....

2seaoat

Ideological sissies. Nobody is going to lose one damn dime of social security. However, let us assume everybody in this country is a sissy. We just cower in our homes afraid of big bad government and do nothing. 75% of scheduled benefits will be paid infinitely into the future. Simple actuarial science is the issue and that can be solved next thursday by passing a bill which raises contributions to a million of income. Done

Social Security is not welfare.......I understand sissies have created boogey men in their heads, but it is simple insurance which provides a fixed annuity on retirement. The problem is the sissies cower and allow the 1% to steal this country and are now actively trying to steal the 2 trillion reserves in social security by convincing the low hanging fruit that social security is a welfare program.....it is not.....it is an insurance program which needs to have the premiums raised to be sound under actuarial science. A self employed person who makes 250k next year might be looking at an additional 6k in social security taxes........boo hoo the sky is falling. Will somebody please change some diapers around here.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Actually it's not sissies and boogeymen. It's 3rd grade arithmetic.
Sissies and boogeymen are what the 3rd graders talked about who didn't pay attention in arithmetic class. lol

2seaoat

Actually it's not sissies and boogeymen. It's 3rd grade arithmetic.
Sissies and boogeymen are what the 3rd graders talked about who didn't pay attention in arithmetic class. lol

No Bob it is the damn babyboom whinners who have had everything.....childhoods without the diseases which crippled all those who became before, wild and beautiful sex unbridled by the liberties we enjoyed in this country, wealth accumulation and vocational opportunity, and now absolute comfortable retirements......yet whine, bitch, and moan about raising the contribution amount threshold to one million of income........or whine bitch an moan that our tax rates may go up because some people in this country might be hungry and need assistance....what a sorry lot we have become.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The majority of baby boomers (including me) would be in favor of means testing to save social security and medicare both, seaoat. It's the wealthy (of all generations) who oppose that. But it's the wealthy who contribute to congressional campaigns so the wealthy get their way.
It's not rocket science and it's not sissies and boogeyman. It's simple politics.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

This is why, at some point, younger voters are going to send Congressmen to Washington with this command: "Stiff the geezers!" That is exactly what Congress will do.

I think you can eventually count on this to happen.

I read a book last year that claims the Silent Generation, those born between 1924 and 1942 will be the last generation to recieve full Social Security benefits under the current system. There is no political will to fix the current system, and this will cause it to fail.

What may push this whole system over the edge is another 2008-type financial crash in the near future. If that happens anytime in the next few years, all bets might be off.

Last edited by ZVUGKTUBM on 12/13/2013, 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

That's a very good point,  Z.   The rosy future predictions are ALWAYS predicated on the continuance of the economic conditions known today.   To use seaoat's own term,  they never take into account the potential for economic "boogeymen".  And economic boogeymen do exist.  They reared their heads in 2007/8 which virtually no one predicted.

Sal

Sal

Then the politics must change.

Generation X and the Millennials will provide the political will.

And, the Baby Boomers can do what they do best - whine, throw tantrums, and generally get in the way of progress.

But, it's hard to impede a paradigm shift.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

That's right, a generation maxed out on credit cards and stampeding into Walmart to swipe them some more is gonna fix everything. lol

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Generation X and the Millennials will provide the political will.

I know this because you have no choice. I have already told my Millennial daughter to be ruthless to us Boomers when that vote eventually comes up.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:That's right,  a generation maxed out on credit cards and stampeding into Walmart to swipe them some more is gonna fix everything.  lol

Social Security...Stiff the geezers! Oldmanyellsatcloud_thumb

Markle

Markle

TEOTWAWKI wrote:http://www.garynorth.com/public/11875.cfm

My critic is typical of Tea Party supporters above the age of 65. He wants his welfare, and he wants to soak the rich to make sure he gets paid. This is the second-largest welfare state program in history, after Medicare, and he thinks it is a wonderful thing. He thinks he has both a moral and legal claim on other people's money. He hates the welfare state . . . except that portion of it which subsidizes him with other people's money. He has tens of millions of welfare recipients on his side. This is why the costs will grow, the deficits will grow, and the Social Security system will eventually go belly-up, taking with it a generation of fools who do understand that government IOUs are not money, and political promises are not an insurance program.

Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid are why the federal government is steadily going bankrupt. The disparity -- unfunded liabilities -- between what the politicians have promised the voters and what must be paid out is around $200 trillion in present value. This is why, at some point, younger voters are going to send Congressmen to Washington with this command: "Stiff the geezers!" That is exactly what Congress will do.

I say: "The sooner, the better."

And I'm one of the geezers.

Simply pay me what I paid in plus a reasonable interest rate compounded annually and I'll be happy to go on my way.

How is being repaid the money I paid in, welfare?

Last edited by Markle on 12/13/2013, 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

What will be the difference of what we call the money coming from the gov to the people? Be it called social security or welfare or medicade or medicare or whatever?

There are so many social services do you think it will really make a difference?

I mean right now you have a LARGE portion of that so called Millinial gen ranting that we need to help the poor. Are you really saying that the millinial gen doesnt really want to help the poor and just themselves LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum