Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

California smoking ban said to be most stringent in U.S.

+2
TEOTWAWKI
ZVUGKTUBM
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

SAN RAFAEL, Calif., Nov. 22 (UPI) --
A California ordinance that prohibits smoking in residences with shared walls may be the strictest anti-smoking law in the United States, city officials say.

The ban, passed by the city of San Rafael, applies to both owners and renters, ABC News reported Thursday.

It covers any multi-family residence with three or more units, including condominiums, co-ops and apartments. The ban took effect Nov. 14.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/11/22/California-smoking-ban-said-to-be-most-stringent-in-US

we are seizing your liberties for your own good. thank you for your cooperation. signed with love, your GOV.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

My late nicotine-addicted mother would be turning in her grave over this news.

She was the oldest of four girls born between 1924 and 1930. Three of the four, including my Mom, would eventually become smokers. In 2013, only one of the four is still alive--the non-smoker. Aunt Eva celebrated her 85th Birthday this past August 8, and she still lives at home and even drives.

The youngest of the four, my Aunt Helen, was the first to die, in 1984 at age 54. She had devloped lung cancer and had a lung removed, and died a year or so afterward from complications following that surgery. She was a heavy smoker.

My mom died next, in 1996, of colon cancer. Smoking can also lead to that form of cancer.

My Aunt Barb died in 2009 at age 81. Her last few years were marred by serious lung and breathing issues, and you can bet that she puffed on her cigs until she breathed her last breath.

I say it is about damn time that smokers be barred from polluting air that other people need to breathe........ We have already pushed them out of airliners, restaurants, all public places, the workplace, what else is left?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I love it when I see desperate smokers puffing away in those specially-vented airport smoking lounges, trying to get their nicotine dosed-up so they can make it through a long flight. That is a real freak-show, and makes me glad I am not a smoker.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:My late nicotine-addicted mother would be turning in her grave over this news.

She was the oldest of four girls born between 1924 and 1930. Three of the four, including my Mom, would eventually become smokers. In 2013, only one of the four is still alive--the non-smoker. Aunt Eva celebrated her 85th Birthday this past August 8, and she still lives at home and even drives.

The youngest of the four, my Aunt Helen, was the first to die, in 1984 at age 54. She had devloped lung cancer and had a lung removed, and died a year or so afterward from complications following that surgery. She was a heavy smoker.

My mom died next, in 1996, of colon cancer. Smoking can also lead to that form of cancer.

My Aunt Barb died in 2009 at age 81. Her last few years were marred by serious lung and breathing issues, and you can bet that she puffed on her cigs until she breathed her last breath.

I say it is about damn time that smokers be barred from polluting air that other people need to breathe........ We have already pushed them out of airliners, restaurants, all public places, the workplace, what else is left?
their own homes.

seems to me your family members mostly had normal life spans.

Im not familiar with any data that contribute smoking to colon cancer but wouldn't be surprised to find some agenda science out there somewhere lol

It amazes me you would support banning people from doing something that is LEGAL in their own home.

why don't you just support making tobacco illegal? like the taxes too much?

then when we ban tobacco, we can start on big macs, sugar, trans fats, fats, can foods, pizza, doughnuts, BBQ, ice cream, beer, etc etc etc

by god after thinking about this for a second I think we just need to lock people up in a padded room to save them from themselves. Twisted Evil 

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I spent an inordinate amount of time at the doctors for respiratory difficulty. My Mom and Dad were both 3 pack a day Chesterfield smokers. Our house always looked like a Bar at happy Hour with smoke hanging everywhere . Especially in the winter time when it was buttoned up to keep the cold out and kept the smoke in...After pneumonia, Bronchitis, Scarlett fever, whooping cough, strep throat and doubles of those I moved into an unheated attic at 12 years old and recovered with all the cold fresh air that blew in through the cracks in the wall...If you care about your kids..smoke outside .Twisted Evil

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I spent an inordinate amount of time at the doctors for respiratory difficulty. My Mom and Dad were both 3 pack a day Chesterfield smokers. Our house always looked like a Bar at happy Hour with smoke hanging everywhere . Especially in the winter time when it was buttoned up to keep the cold out and kept the smoke in...After pneumonia, Bronchitis, Scarlett fever, whooping cough, strep throat and doubles of those I moved into an unheated attic at 12 years old and recovered with all the cold fresh air that blew in through the cracks in the wall...If you care about your kids..smoke outside .Twisted Evil
I smoke outside, but if I own a home and live there by myself, I should have the right to smoke in it dammit.

they may take my vice from me today, but don't forget, they will take yours tomorrow. Wink 

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Chrissy wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:I spent an inordinate amount of time at the doctors for respiratory difficulty. My Mom and Dad were both 3 pack a day Chesterfield smokers. Our house always looked like a Bar at happy Hour with smoke hanging everywhere . Especially in the winter time when it was buttoned up to keep the cold out and kept the smoke in...After pneumonia, Bronchitis, Scarlett fever, whooping cough, strep throat and doubles of those I moved into an unheated attic at 12 years old and recovered with all the cold fresh air that blew in through the cracks in the wall...If you care about your kids..smoke outside .Twisted Evil
I smoke outside, but if I own a home and live there by myself, I should have the right to smoke in it dammit.

they may take my vice from me today, but don't forget, they will take yours tomorrow. Wink 
I ain't much for sayings I see at colleges but outside the workout center at the PSC campus there's a poster that says..Yes it is your house but it's his lungs with a picture of a small child on it...that nailed it....

Sal

Sal

Chrissy wrote:

From your OP ...

"smoking in residences with shared walls"

They're talking about apartments and condos where smoke could easily seep into other people's abodes.

Sal wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

From your OP ...

"smoking in residences with shared walls"

They're talking about apartments and condos where smoke could easily seep into other people's abodes.
Ive lived in an apartment before. I can assure you, no ones smoke ever seeped through the walls LOL

im curious will this law also apply to people who use medical marijuana...

smoke is smoke you dope.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Chrissy Sal is being uncharacteristically civil with us today . Have you noticed? Maybe we misjudged him as a Marxist pinko Commie Rat Agitator.......Naw...Just a quirk..he'll be back soon.

I can see I am out numbered by all you healthy carrot eating zealots.

however, this post isn't just about smoking. its about being told what to do in your own home. I am sorry you can not see that.

You may want your lifestyle regulated as to what you can or can not eat, drink or smoke etc. I do not. I like my freedom of choice even if they are bad choices.

I can see now I am the last living American. I must be eliminated.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Watching both my parents die horribly from smoking related illnesses sealed it with me. I won't even kiss a girl that smokes...like licking an ash tray...

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Watching both my parents die horribly from smoking related illnesses sealed it with me. I won't even kiss a girl that smokes...like licking an ash tray...
that's your personal choice. but im surprised you are for a GOV solution to enforce your personal choice.

Nekochan

Nekochan

I've never smoked and I don't like to breathe cigarette smoke, but I think this law is going too far.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Chrissy wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Watching both my parents die horribly from smoking related illnesses sealed it with me. I won't even kiss a girl that smokes...like licking an ash tray...
that's your personal choice. but im surprised you are for a GOV solution to enforce your personal choice.
Lift your surprise. I want parents to control themselves for the sake of their children. My dad used to get drunk at ball games and then with my scrawny ass sitting in the truck next to him he would race Mustangs down the interstate...so well I had my thrills in life early...Bless the beasts and the children....anything the government touches will turn to crap...costly crap.

Remember when the police write up your charges on the ticket that is just what it is a monetary charge..it's all about the Benjamins...

Nekochan wrote:I've never smoked and I don't like to breathe cigarette smoke, but I think this law is going too far.
Thank you

I don't drink big gulps either because I think they are tacky and I don't really like soda, but I though banning them was too far too.

You can not regulate people into conformity for their own health. This is a very serious trend we are seeing.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Chrissy wrote:
Nekochan wrote:I've never smoked and I don't like to breathe cigarette smoke, but I think this law is going too far.
Thank you

I don't drink big gulps either because I think they are tacky and I don't really like soda, but I though banning them was too far too.

You can not regulate people into conformity for their own health. This is a very serious trend we are seeing.
Yep.  And with this we're talking about a legal activity in the privacy of one's own home.    I've lived in housing units with attached walls and never had an issue with smoke coming through the interior walls into my home.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Chrissy wrote:Ive lived in an apartment before. I can assure you, no ones smoke ever seeped through the walls LOL

I once lived below a couple of chain smokers and everything in my apartment absolutely wreaked of cigarettes.

boards of FL wrote:
Chrissy wrote:Ive lived in an apartment before. I can assure you, no ones smoke ever seeped through the walls LOL
I once lived below a couple of chain smokers and everything in my apartment absolutely wreaked of cigarettes.
if you say so...

smokers today, rib eaters tomorrow. Wink 

Nekochan

Nekochan

Perhaps they should require stricter building codes instead of banning the use of a legal substance in private residences.

I do believe that an apartment complex, where units are rented, should be able to ban smoking in their apartments.    But not the government.

Nekochan wrote:Perhaps they should require stricter building codes instead of banning the use of a legal substance in private residences.

I do believe that an apartment complex, where units are rented, should be able to ban smoking in their apartments.    But not the government.
I can agree with that.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Nekochan wrote:Perhaps they should require stricter building codes instead of banning the use of a legal substance in private residences.

You say "but not government" after calling for stricter building codes so that the small percentage of the population that smokes inside their home can do so without being bothered.

Let's not tell that one guy in the movie theater to shut up. Let's dictate that every theater in the country install state of the art noise cancelling magic seats. Government simply isn't the solution.

boards of FL wrote:

You say "but not government" after calling for stricter building codes so that the small percentage of the population that smokes inside their home can do so without being bothered.

Let's not tell that one guy in the movie theater to shut up.  Let's dictate that every theater in the country install state of the art noise cancelling magic seats.  Government simply isn't the solution.
The GOV doesn't dictate that people shut up in movie theaters. theaters who own it do.

Markle

Markle

Since everyone seems to be smoking marijuana in California or worse, is that included or is that exempt?  Druggies tell us that marijuana is safe as fresh air so I guess they exempt themselves like legislators and ObamaCare.

California smoking ban said to be most stringent in U.S. PotThree-1

Nekochan

Nekochan

boards of FL wrote:

Let's not tell that one guy in the movie theater to shut up.  Let's dictate that every theater in the country install state of the art noise cancelling magic seats.  Government simply isn't the solution.
I think that if you were getting so much smoke from the apartment above you, the apartment building probably wasn't built very well.  That's all.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum