Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Democrats speak out on Obamacare

+7
Sal
ZVUGKTUBM
knothead
Nekochan
cool1
bizguy
Joanimaroni
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Democrats speak out on Obamacare Empty Democrats speak out on Obamacare 11/13/2013, 9:28 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

WASHINGTON — Former President Bill Clinton said that President Obama should honor his oft-repeated pledge and allow people to hang on to health care plans that are being canceled as a result of the Affordable Care Act.

"I personally believe, even if it takes a change in the law, that the president should honor the commitment the federal government made to those people and let them keep what they've got," Clinton said in an interview at OZY.com published on Tuesday.

The comments from Clinton, who has been a strong supporter of Obama's signature health care legislation, came after Obama said on Thursday that he is sorry that some Americans are losing their current health insurance plans as a result of the ACA, despite his assurances that Americans could keep their insurance plans if they like them.

STORY: Fact check: If you like your health plan, you can keep it

Also...http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/11/13/top-democrat-joins-push-on-health-plans-after-clinton-obamacare-critique/

bizguy

Joanimaroni wrote:WASHINGTON — Former President Bill Clinton said that President Obama should honor his oft-repeated pledge and allow people to hang on to health care plans that are being canceled as a result of the Affordable Care Act.

"I personally believe, even if it takes a change in the law, that the president should honor the commitment the federal government made to those people and let them keep what they've got," Clinton said in an interview at OZY.com published on Tuesday.

The comments from Clinton, who has been a strong supporter of Obama's signature health care legislation, came after Obama said on Thursday that he is sorry that some Americans are losing their current health insurance plans as a result of the ACA, despite his assurances that Americans could keep their insurance plans if they like them.

Also...http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/11/13/top-democrat-joins-push-on-health-plans-after-clinton-obamacare-critique/
Trying to reverse this will be a major undertaking. Insurance policies are heavily regulated at the state level. The process of creating new (old) plans and getting them approved by each state Dept of Insurance (DFS in Florida) can take months. This is what happens when you try to deceive people.

cool1

cool1

They should have spoke out way before now.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

cool1 wrote:They should have spoke out way before now.
But Cool being re-elected was more important to many Democrat politicians.

Nekochan

Nekochan

It would be very difficult to go back and redo all these policies again.  

Americans were lied to.  Whether you think intentionally or not by our President, this is a case of Obama either lying to Americans or being completely clueless.   And now we have a huge mess because the Democrats rushed to get a law passed which most of them had no clue about the details.   And like most lies,  once one is told then there are more lies that must be told if you want to hide the truth.   Once the law was passed, the only thing that could be done by its supporters was to lie about what was coming.

Nekochan

Nekochan

It's being reported that there are 500 bogus Obamacare websites....be careful!

And this:
No Hope Left for Obamacare’s Website, Techies Say

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articles/2013/11/13/No-Hope-Left-Obamacare-s-Website-Techies-Say

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Nekochan wrote:It's being reported that there are 500 bogus Obamacare websites....be careful!

And this:
No Hope Left for Obamacare’s Website, Techies Say

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articles/2013/11/13/No-Hope-Left-Obamacare-s-Website-Techies-Say
Surprised?

bizguy

Maybe they should have awarded the contract to build the website to the same company that created the National Instant Criminal Background Check website the FBI uses for handgun purchases.

Democrats speak out on Obamacare 20131112_NICS

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

bizguy wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:WASHINGTON — Former President Bill Clinton said that President Obama should honor his oft-repeated pledge and allow people to hang on to health care plans that are being canceled as a result of the Affordable Care Act.

Trying to reverse this will be a major undertaking.  Insurance policies are heavily regulated at the state level.  The process of creating new (old) plans and getting them approved by each state Dept of Insurance (DFS in Florida) can take months.  This is what happens when you try to deceive people.

cheers 
Democratic Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan said years ago during Hillarycare.... "there is no health care crisis" by stating "there is an insurance crisis" but also indicated "anyone who thinks [the Clinton health care plan] can work in the real world as presently written isn't living in it."

After Hillarycare we got the HMO's. That resulted in insurance companies dictating your health care. Your health needs were taken out of your physicians hands and placed in the hands of an entry level insurance clerk. A nightmare that is still around.

knothead

knothead

As a Democrat, I too will speak out on the imperfect implementation of the PPACA.  Before so doing it is interesting that I am the first Democrat posting on this thread . . . others are using the opportunity to gleefully get their pound of flesh but, I concede, your ire is not unfounded and I get that.

First, bizguy's analogy between the National Instant Criminal Background Check website to the top to bottom overhaul of healthcare across our nation is simply irrelevant because of the complexities in the latter being overwhelmingly more challenging. It's but one example of the pound of flesh retribution and as I said I do get that.

My hat is off to former President Clinton for coming out with his position advising that this administration should honor their word.  Executing that wish will be difficult . . . I hope it happens but I fear it will not.

Secondly, it has always been my conviction that reform of our health care system from delivery of services to reining in insurance companies from riding rough shod over the ordinary citizens while harvesting obscene profits is, and remains, a noble objective.  We are witnessing the difficulties of executing that policy no matter how noble it may be.

Finally, I have consistently wanted "Obamacare" to be given a chance to work and yes I definitely lay much of the shortcomings on those red states whose sole objective is to destroy Obama but I digress.  I have no specialized knowledge of insurance or any specialized knowledge of where we go from here but the Obama administration has failed the nation by their own ineptness but I hope that there will be some in Washington, both D's and R's, who are more statesman-like and less politicians will stand together to support doable political remedies instead of the non stop blood letting that gets the country and its citizens no where.

bizguy

As a Democrat, I too will speak out on the imperfect implementation of the PPACA.  Before so doing it is interesting that I am the first Democrat posting on this thread . . . others are using the opportunity to gleefully get their pound of flesh but, I concede, your ire is not unfounded and I get that.

It has nothing to do with 'getting our pound of flesh'.  It has everything to do with the fact that the Obama administration has put millions of people at risk of losing health insurance effective January 1, 2014.  The government has had over 3 years to build, test and implement this website.  They chose to hire a firm that has a failed track record of creating a similar system.  

I will agree with you that the healthcare.gov system is much more complex than the NICS system.  However, private industry has created other online systems significantly more complex than healthcare.gov.  The difference is that those systems were not given a green light to go live until they were fully tested.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

bizguy wrote:As a Democrat, I too will speak out on the imperfect implementation of the PPACA.  Before so doing it is interesting that I am the first Democrat posting on this thread . . . others are using the opportunity to gleefully get their pound of flesh but, I concede, your ire is not unfounded and I get that.

It has nothing to do with 'getting our pound of flesh'.  It has everything to do with the fact that the Obama administration has put millions of people at risk of losing health insurance effective January 1, 2014.  
The government has had over 3 years to build, test and implement this website.  They chose to hire a firm that has a failed track record of creating a similar system.  

I will agree with you that the healthcare.gov system is much more complex than the NICS system.  However, private industry has created other online systems significantly more complex than healthcare.gov.  The difference is that those systems were not given a green light to go live until they were fully tested.

Well stated answer to a passive aggresive statement.

knothead

knothead

It has nothing to do with 'getting our pound of flesh'

bizguy, generally speaking I will absolutely give you the benefit of the doubt but the majority of posters it is a very accurate statement. Your other comments are also deserved as well as being spot on and I addressed the debacle we now find ourselves. There must be a "Next Step" process that should advance to protect those injured by the Act without abandoning the objective which is a noble undertaking (my view). Thanks for a civil reply, I appreciate that.

Nekochan

Nekochan

There is nothing gleeful about this mess.  We will all eventually be affected by it.  It is not going to be just 3% of the people, like some people keep saying.  As if those 3% don't count....they are  struggling now with figuring out what they heck they're going to do to be covered in 6 weeks...and how they will afford it.

bizguy

knothead wrote:It has nothing to do with 'getting our pound of flesh'

bizguy, generally speaking I will absolutely give you the benefit of the doubt but the majority of posters it is a very accurate statement.  Your other comments are also deserved as well as being spot on and I addressed the debacle we now find ourselves.  There must be a "Next Step" process that should advance to protect those injured by the Act without abandoning the objective which is a noble undertaking (my view). Thanks for a civil reply, I appreciate that.
I too appreciate the civil discourse and I appreciate the fact that you are supportive of the ACA. I am not. However, I believe folks that support the law should direct their anger at the Obama administration. Nothing in the law required implementation on October 1, 2013. The administration knew well in advance that the system was not ready but still created the rules that forced private insurers to cancel millions of policies. They put millions of people at risk of having no health insurance coverage on January 1, 2014. It did not have to come to this.

knothead

knothead

Nekochan wrote:There is nothing gleeful about this mess.  We will all eventually be affected by it.  It is not going to be just 3% of the people, like some people keep saying.  As if those 3% don't count....they are  struggling now with figuring out what they heck they're going to do to be covered in 6 weeks...and how they will afford it.
Gleeful seems to be the most accurate word to describe the depth of some here neko . . . . I could have chosen a 'celebration' by Obama detractors but gleeful seems completely appropriate and fair. As to your points, yes that 3% certainly matter . . . . I am advocating for politicians of both sides to become statesmen and craft political fixes now . . . . there must be a truce called to clear the way to get free of our dysfunctional government.

knothead

knothead

bizguy wrote:
knothead wrote:It has nothing to do with 'getting our pound of flesh'

bizguy, generally speaking I will absolutely give you the benefit of the doubt but the majority of posters it is a very accurate statement.  Your other comments are also deserved as well as being spot on and I addressed the debacle we now find ourselves.  There must be a "Next Step" process that should advance to protect those injured by the Act without abandoning the objective which is a noble undertaking (my view). Thanks for a civil reply, I appreciate that.
I too appreciate the civil discourse and I appreciate the fact that you are supportive of the ACA.  I am not.  However, I believe folks that support the law should direct their anger at the Obama administration.  Nothing in the law required implementation on October 1, 2013.  The administration knew well in advance that the system was not ready but still created the rules that forced private insurers to cancel millions of policies.  They put millions of people at risk of having no health insurance coverage on January 1, 2014.  It did not have to come to this.  

Biz, I am agreeing with you: hence, my contribution as a Democrat on this thread.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

From the beginning when Obama campaigned in his first election, we needed insurance reform not Obamacare. When Bill Clinton turned health care over to Hillary, we ended up in an insurance mess. Not unlike now.

As far as being gleeful Knothead, just who are you referrencing?

As stated there is nothing gleeful about the situation. Nothing gleeful about rushing to pass a health care reform that did not have the plan outlined in detail for the senate and presidential voters. Nothing gleeful about millions losing their insurance. Nothing gleeful about insurance premiums skyrocketing, deductibles doubling and benefits/coverage decreasing. Nothing gleeful about signing a website contract to a Canadian company without accepting bids and knowing what kind of company you are dealing with.......now who is the gleeful person you are talking about?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Joanimaroni wrote:From the beginning when Obama campaigned in his first election, we needed insurance reform not Obamacare.  When Bill Clinton turned health care over to Hillary, we ended up in an insurance mess. Not unlike now.

As stated there is nothing gleeful about the situation. Nothing gleeful about rushing to pass a health care reform that did not have the plan outlined in detail for the senate and presidential voters. Nothing gleeful about millions losing their insurance. Nothing gleeful about insurance premiums skyrocketing, deductibles doubling and benefits/coverage decreasing. Nothing gleeful about signing a website contract to a Canadian company without accepting bids and knowing what kind of company you are dealing with.......now who is the gleeful person you are talking about?
PaceDog, Vector, Markle......  The Obama 'Crash and Burn' folks....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:From the beginning when Obama campaigned in his first election, we needed insurance reform not Obamacare.  When Bill Clinton turned health care over to Hillary, we ended up in an insurance mess. Not unlike now.

PaceDog, Vector, Markle......  The Obama 'Crash and Burn' folks....

The ones who said from the beginning .......Obamacare is wrong, Obamacare is being shoved down the throats of Americans, Obamacare is not the answer.

Nekochan

Nekochan

I think some Democrats are just upset that Obamacare is not working out so well after a lot of Democrats have been telling conservatives for the last 3 that we just don't care about poor, sick people.   I've seen on the forums conservatives being attacked and called all kinds of things because we questioned Obamacare and what the outcome would be for all Americans.     The law was rushed through and tactics such as making a video showing Paul Ryan pushing granny off the cliff were used to ridicule Republicans' concerns about the budget and about Obamacare.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Amen, Neko.

knothead

knothead

Those who claim that ObamaCare was 'shoved down their throats' are just in denial about the facts. Was there wheeling and dealing? . . . well duh! Nothing novel about the methods politicians use to get legislation passed. Those same types of partisan legislative agendas passed in GOP dominated so-called 'red' states are the norm . . . . legislation that is divisive yet, nevertheless are also shoving partisan agendas down the throats of the opposition so welcome to the wicked world of partisan deal making. The shoved-down-our-throats mantra is nothing more than sour grapes . . . . both sides do it so enough already with the whining.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

knothead wrote:Those who claim that ObamaCare was 'shoved down their throats' are just in denial about the facts.  Was there wheeling and dealing? . . . well duh! Nothing novel about the methods politicians use to get legislation passed.  Those same types of partisan legislative agendas passed in GOP dominated so-called 'red' states are the norm . . . . legislation that is divisive yet, nevertheless are also shoving partisan agendas down the throats of the opposition so welcome to the wicked world of partisan deal making.  The shoved-down-our-throats mantra is nothing more than sour grapes . . . . both sides do it so enough already with the whining.
Sour grapes? Like someone whining that Romney, contrary to what Obama was promising, should have spoken out ( which he did) that millions would lose their health insurance with Obamacare. I would consider that sour grapes and whining. You are right it happens on both sides.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Are only Democrats allowed to whine about Obamacare?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum