Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

If Elizabeth Warren runs, Hillary loses and we win.

+8
knothead
TEOTWAWKI
gulfbeachbandit
2seaoat
Nekochan
Sal
Hospital Bob
Wordslinger
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

The race for the next presidency won't be between a republican and a democrat; Christy can't be the republican candidate because he's too human for the hardcore whackos who will elect a confirmed national loser like Ted Cruz or Rand Paul, et al. So the real race will be the primary for the democratic party. With Hillary, we get another politician firmly in the clutches of Wall Street and the MIC. A sort of Obama with balls.
But she brings a lot of baggage, including Benghazi, and her disloyal husband.

On the other hand, Elizabeth Warren has already proved her independence from Wall Street and the corporatist plutocrats. She's a champion of the middle class, the consumer, and affordable education. She'll get the women's vote, the youth vote and the progressive vote -- and Hillary must be having nightmares when she considers what Warren could do to her in a national debate.

And IF somehow Christy did win, Warren would tear him apart on economic issues, women's interests, education, and his nefarious ties to big business.

Go Elizabeth! It's time we get someone who represents we the people.

Reality

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

My opinion has nothing whatever to do with any personal preference. I say this only as an amateur oddsmaker.
I am willing to wager any amount of money that Elizabeth Warren will not get the nomination in a race with Hillary.

Bob wrote:My opinion has nothing whatever to do with any personal preference. I say this only as an amateur oddsmaker.
I am willing to wager any amount of money that Elizabeth Warren will not get the nomination in a race with Hillary.
I wouldn't be sure enough to make a large bet... especially this far out.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:My opinion has nothing whatever to do with any personal preference. I say this only as an amateur oddsmaker.

And, I'd wager the same amount that you would've said the same thing about a race between Barack Hussein Obama and Hillary in November 2006.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:
And, I'd wager the same amount that you would've said the same thing about a race between Barack Hussein Obama and Hillary in November 2006.
If you think Warren has a chance to get the nomination then bet me.
How about $100 wager right now?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

My bet has nothing to do with Hillary or any other potential candidate.
Only Elizabeth Warren.  And I'm telling you there is not a chance in hell that she can go through the long primary process,  especially in the south,  and get the nomination.  There would be so much money spent to defeat her that she wouldn't get past South Carolina before she'd have to drop out.
She has no chance to get the nomination,  let alone get elected.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:
Sal wrote:
If you think Warren has a chance to get the nomination then bet me.
How about $100 wager right now?

I'm merely pointing out that Obama faced similar if not more daunting odds.

Can you plausibly suggest that in 2006 you could have imagined in your wildest dreams that a black guy with the middle name Hussein would be elected POTUS.

It has to be one of the most improbable things that has ever happened in U.S. political history.

But, about that bet ...

I'm far too savvy a bettor to take that wager straight up.

I'm going to need the odds.

Looks like Warren is at somewhere between 25 to 20-1.

Seems a little short to me, but what the hell.

If Warren wins, you pay $2000.

If she doesn't, I pay $100.

Fair enough?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I wouldn't give 20 to 1 on a bet that the sun will rise tomorrow.  lol
But I will give you 5 to 1.  My $500 against your $100 that Elizabeth Warren will not be the democrat nominee for president.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

As Senator, Obama never signed a letter to show support for Hillary's presidential candidacy.
Warren as Senator has done just that and signed a letter to show support for Hillary's candidacy.

Boxer's support for Clinton comes as less of a surprise than the support of senators like Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) and Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY), whose names have been discussed as possible candidates in 2016 as well.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/democratic-female-senators-sign-letter-encouraging-hillary-clinton-to-run

Hillary will spend $100 million on advertising to show that letter and Warren's signature if Warren actually tries to challenge her. lol

You may be underestimating just how left the dems are heading... and how little info they require to commit.

Nekochan

Nekochan

PkrBum wrote:You may be underestimating just how left the dems are heading... and how little info they require to commit.
I was thinking the same thing.  lol.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:You may be underestimating just how left the dems are heading...
It remains to be seen how left the democrats will be campaigning in 2016.
It will depend on what develops between now and then.
It will depend on the outcome of obamacare,  the performance of the economy,  and whether or not obama's left-leaning foreign policy will be successful or not.

2seaoat

Warren barely won in MA the most liberal state in the nation. She has zero support in the black community, and Hillary gets spillover from Bill in the same regard. Warren would however get about 30% of the primary voters without raising a dime because people are frustrated with politics as usual. Warren will not run, but could seriously be considered as a VP choice, unless Biden wants the gig for another 8 years.

Wordslinger makes one big mistake. Warren is not the smartest person in the room and she did not do well in the debates in MA. She has zero appeal to the midwest, south and west. She is a beltway liberal who does not sell in most of America. She makes less sense than Randy Paul.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Bob wrote:
PkrBum wrote:You may be underestimating just how left the dems are heading...
It remains to be seen how left the democrats will be campaigning in 2016.
It will depend on what develops between now and then.
It will depend on the outcome of obamacare,  the performance of the economy,  and whether or not obama's left-leaning foreign policy will be successful or not.
A free chicken in every pot will be the democrat 2016 slogan.

There are quotes from hillary years ago that were left of warren... she's toned it down considerably for political reasons.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

The American people were gullible enough to elect an unqualified Black man twice and suffer the consequences now with equal dull stupidity they got to have a woman....Gluttons for punishment.....Got to get that boat and head for coconut rat Island....

knothead

knothead

. . . . . in lieu of what T? A DC white GOP guy? A hell of a trade off!

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

knothead wrote:. . . . .  in lieu of what T? A DC white GOP guy? A hell of a trade off!
Someone that would end the Fed, restore the constitution, eradicate the NDAA, DHS, TSA, Inspire the young, bring back our productive ability, reign in the EPA DEA FBI CIA, demilitarize the police, Stop corporate greed, Restore sound money and use debt forgiveness to help the people like Iceland did.....Maybe resurrect JFK. Camelot redux.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Bob wrote:My bet has nothing to do with Hillary or any other potential candidate.
Only Elizabeth Warren.  And I'm telling you there is not a chance in hell that she can go through the long primary process,  especially in the south,  and get the nomination.  There would be so much money spent to defeat her that she wouldn't get past South Carolina before she'd have to drop out.
She has no chance to get the nomination,  let alone get elected.
Bob: Warren's funding won't come from Wall Street but from millions of young, progressive democrats. Her funding will match that of Obama in his first campaign -- millions from millions of supporters.

Hillary is in bed with Wall Street and the existing foreign policy line -- which has sucked zillions from our coffers, murdered thousands of our troops for NOTHING, and is a strong supporter of NAFTA. Warren is a serious threat. Something else to consider: Democrats to the left of Clinton will make or break the election itself. If Clinton gets the nomination she won't be able to count on progressive support -- and if Christy wins the republican nomination, it will be a race to the wire.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
knothead wrote:. . . . .  in lieu of what T? A DC white GOP guy? A hell of a trade off!
Someone that would end the Fed, restore the constitution, eradicate the NDAA, DHS, TSA, Inspire the young, bring back our productive ability, reign in the EPA DEA FBI CIA, demilitarize the police, Stop corporate greed, Restore sound money and use debt forgiveness to help the people like Iceland did.....Maybe resurrect JFK.  Camelot redux.

That's Warren!!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Wordslinger wrote:  Her funding will match that of Obama in his first campaign

He was not quite the first $1 billion president -- but he was three quarters of the way there.

In 21-plus months, Barack Obama raised roughly $750 million from donors, surpassing all of his White House opponents this year and also eclipsing the total amount of money raised by all of the presidential candidates combined in 2004.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/story?id=6397572

If Warren can raise three quarters of a billion dollars she will win.  lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

In the general election, Obama got about 34 percent of his individual donations from small donors, people who gave $200 or less, according to a report from the Campaign Finance Institute. Another 23 percent of donations came from people who gave between $201 and $999, and another 42 percent from people who gave $1,000 or more.

His numbers for the primary were similar. He got about 30 percent of his money from donors who gave $200 or less. Another 28 percent of donations came from people who gave between $201 and $999, and 43 percent from people who gave $1,000 or more.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2010/apr/22/barack-obama/obama-campaign-financed-large-donors-too/

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Wall Street Responsible For One-Third Of Obama's Campaign Funds

http://www.businessinsider.com/wall-street-responsible-for-one-third-of-obamas-campaign-funds-2011-7#ixzz2kUWFJL34

I haven't seen a full accounting of hillary's words yet... not that they would matter. Warren is not necessarily left.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Whether Liz Warren wins or not, her entry into the race will pull the democrats to the left which is badly needed since the democrat party has been sucked far to the right due to the T-Party whackos, etc.

Hillary's weakest support comes from the progressives of her party -- which, not unlike the T-Party -- represent as much as 30% of the democrat party, and if they became strident (and you can bet they would if Warren runs), they would have as dramatic a pull on their party as the T-Party does on the republicans.

Obama's war support, Guantanamo, the NSA, his continued support for Wall Street and the big banks, his continued use of rendition and torture by "allies" are all important issues opposed by the left of his party.

Warren will be the left's champion -- and when her ball gets rolling the same unAmerican corporations who seek to control Washington DC through campaign funding of both parties will leap aboard.

I'm sure Elizabeth Warren would join me in yelling:

SCREW AMERIKA INC!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum