Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

College Game Day

+3
boards of FL
ZVUGKTUBM
Joanimaroni
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1College Game Day Empty College Game Day 11/2/2013, 4:45 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Florida looks terrible. 20-0 in the beginning of 2nd quarter. Georgia defense looks good.

2College Game Day Empty Re: College Game Day 11/2/2013, 5:00 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I have a feeling that Will Muschamp will be looking for a new job by January, if not before.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

3College Game Day Empty Re: College Game Day 11/2/2013, 5:03 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I have a feeling that Will Muschamp will be looking for a new job by January, if not before.
I really hope you are right. With any luck, maybe UF will get the Baylor coach.

4College Game Day Empty Re: College Game Day 11/2/2013, 5:06 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

22-11 record.....he will be out.

5College Game Day Empty Re: College Game Day 11/2/2013, 5:10 pm

2seaoat

Clemson is a very good team.

6College Game Day Empty Re: College Game Day 11/2/2013, 5:15 pm

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

2seaoat wrote:Clemson is a very good team.
Is that the same good Clemson team that FSU beat 52-14?

7College Game Day Empty Re: College Game Day 11/2/2013, 5:18 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

As a gator fan, even I have to say that FSU is the best team in college football at this moment. I honestly feel they could handle Alabama with ease. The awful truth, however, is they will likely be cheated out of the opportunity so that Oregon can go to slaughter. The only redemption in all of this is that Winston will be back next year when there is a playoff. Only then will we be able to see the mistakes that were made in ranking this year.

8College Game Day Empty Re: College Game Day 11/2/2013, 5:27 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:As a gator fan, even I have to say that FSU is the best team in college football at this moment.  I honestly feel they could handle Alabama with ease.  The awful truth, however, is they will likely be cheated out of the opportunity so that Oregon can go to slaughter.  The only redemption in all of this is that Winston will be back next year when there is a playoff.  Only then will we be able to see the mistakes that were made in ranking this year.
cheers cheers cheers 

9College Game Day Empty Re: College Game Day 11/2/2013, 5:29 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Ghost Rider wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Clemson is a very good team.
Is that the same good Clemson team that FSU beat 52-14?
Yes, and Clemson's last TD was when FSU's second string was on the field.

10College Game Day Empty Re: College Game Day 11/2/2013, 5:32 pm

2seaoat

Northern Illinois is undefeated and crushed another MAC team, but MAC teams get no respect, and they did not do well last year in the bowl game, but they are creeping up the polls and their QB is the real deal. They probably will be one of many undefeated teams.

I cannot wait until we have a true playoff system with regionals and sectionals, but college football is such an illusion and is so profitable. A playoff system would hurt the bucks.......now everybody thinks their team is all that.....their conference is all that......a true playoff system will settle that pretty quickly.

11College Game Day Empty Re: College Game Day 11/2/2013, 5:54 pm

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

2seaoat wrote:Northern Illinois is undefeated and crushed another MAC team, but MAC teams get no respect, and they did not do well last year in the bowl game, but they are creeping up the polls and their QB is the real deal.  They probably will be one of many undefeated teams.  

I cannot wait until we have a true playoff system with regionals and sectionals, but college football is such an illusion and is so profitable.   A playoff system would hurt the bucks.......now everybody thinks their team is all that.....their conference is all that......a true playoff system will settle that pretty quickly.
Why do you think Ohio State is not ahead of FSU? Pure and Simple is because they play a much weaker schedule than just about any other NCAA team. They are trying to move ahead of FSU and Oregon by virtue of style points. They have ran the score up on every team they have played except Wisconsin and Northwestern, which they beat by 7 and 10 points respectfully.

12College Game Day Empty Re: College Game Day 11/2/2013, 5:56 pm

2seaoat

I wish there was more independent games played outside conference games. There is not enough cross conference games.

13College Game Day Empty Re: College Game Day 11/2/2013, 6:27 pm

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

2seaoat wrote:I wish there was more independent games played outside conference games.   There is not enough cross conference games.
Because of conference scheduling, that leaves little time for out of conference play. FSU played 4 out of conference games this year as did most other FBS teams.

14College Game Day Empty Re: College Game Day 11/2/2013, 8:03 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Game time....FSU/Miami. Both teams undefeated.

15College Game Day Empty Re: College Game Day 11/2/2013, 8:17 pm

Sal

Sal

Hoping for a good game ...

... but, doubting I'll see one. 

16College Game Day Empty Re: College Game Day 11/2/2013, 8:31 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

cheers ......TD FSU

17College Game Day Empty Re: College Game Day 11/2/2013, 8:57 pm

Sal

Sal

Just won about $500 on the Breeder's Cup Classic. 

Now, it's time for football. 

Woot woot!

18College Game Day Empty Re: College Game Day 11/2/2013, 9:50 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:cheers ......TD FSU
could it be? possibly another 1999?

19College Game Day Empty Re: College Game Day 11/2/2013, 11:38 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Still undefeated. cheers 

20College Game Day Empty Re: College Game Day 11/3/2013, 11:31 am

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

boards of FL wrote:As a gator fan, even I have to say that FSU is the best team in college football at this moment.  I honestly feel they could handle Alabama with ease.  The awful truth, however, is they will likely be cheated out of the opportunity so that Oregon can go to slaughter.  The only redemption in all of this is that Winston will be back next year when there is a playoff.  Only then will we be able to see the mistakes that were made in ranking this year.
Most of the sports talking heads are saying that they believe Alabama and FSU to be the best 2 teams in the country.

21College Game Day Empty Re: College Game Day 11/3/2013, 11:35 am

Sal wrote:Just won about $500 on the Breeder's Cup Classic. 

Now, it's time for football. 

Woot woot!
I like the Horses also. How did you pick the winner? Do you use the "tip" sheets or just a hunch or detailed analysis of the horses.?

22College Game Day Empty Re: College Game Day 11/3/2013, 11:58 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Ghost Rider wrote:
Most of the sports talking heads are saying that they believe Alabama and FSU to be the best 2 teams in the country.
I would have to agree.

23College Game Day Empty Re: College Game Day 11/3/2013, 5:13 pm

Sal

Sal

Mr Ichi wrote:

I like the Horses also.  How did you pick the winner?  Do you use the "tip" sheets or just a hunch or detailed analysis of the horses.?
I love the ponies. 

I was raised in Louisville and pretty much grew up at Churchill Downs. 

One of my earliest memories was staying home from school sick with my Dad, and he took me out to the track and told me not to tell Mom. 

lol

So, I'm proficient at reading the Form. 

Yesterday's pick was strictly by eyeballing them, tho.

I loaded up on the exacta and also had the winner across the board. 

cheers 

24College Game Day Empty Re: College Game Day 11/3/2013, 5:36 pm

knothead

knothead

Quick story I want to share about 'the ponies'.
Back around 1965-66 I began going to the Ellis Park track and was not a big better at all but admittedly, I was intrigued with the art of handicapping the races.  After perhaps a month of regularly going I had convinced myself that I had this 'handicapping' down pat because I was becoming very good at picking the nags.  I had yet to bet more than maybe $20 (at most) on any race but it emboldened me to bet bigger given the right race (opportunity).  On this one particular Saturday I had my picks and I liked the horse (Two E's) and the jockey so I took a deep breath and went to the betting window where I put $100 on the nose of my horse . . . .wow, I was so stoked with anxiety as well as anticipation.  Holding my C-note ticket tightly in my hand I paced while the horses were led to the starting gate and the moment of truth was at hand.  Had I lost my freaking mind? Too late for that . . . I distinctly remember the call over the PA system . . . . "They're at the post" . . . . . " . . . and they're off!" . . . . next thing I heard seemed unintelligible but something had happened but from my vantage point I couldn't actually see the starting gate clearly so I frantically asked this guy next to me what had happened and he told me one of the jockeys had fallen off his mount . . . . "Good Lord, please nooooooo . . . "  Sure enough, it was my horse and my jockey because the next thing I clearly heard from the announcer was "Two E's has unseated his jockey" . . . my pick came into the final stretch about 20-25 lengths out in front and running along the grandstand finishing way out in front but without its jockey!  I still get that sick feeling I felt that day but looking back it was a good lesson to always expect the unexpected.  It was a lesson I haven't forgotten.

25College Game Day Empty Re: College Game Day 11/3/2013, 6:10 pm

Sal

Sal

Good story. 

I could swap race track stories all night. 

lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum