Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Grand Jury wanted to indict JonBenet's parents

+2
Joanimaroni
Nekochan
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Nekochan

Nekochan

I guess this little girl will never receive justice unless a credible witness comes forward with information.  Of course a grand jury indictment doesn't mean the parents were guilty.  But the case was so strange. Murdered little beauty queen found in the basement of her home.  Prominent, well off parents.  Strange ransom note.  I always suspected that her parents had something to do with this child's death.  We've seen the cases where children have been abducted right from their beds and later their bodies were found outside their home.  But this poor child's body was found in her own family's  basement and whoever killed her stayed around long enough to write a rambling, weird ransom note.     

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/25/justice/jonbenet-ramsey-documents/

Previously sealed court documents released Friday show that a Colorado grand jury voted in 1999 to indict the parents of murdered 6-year-old JonBenet Ramsey with charges of child abuse resulting in death and being accessories to a crime.
The district attorney decided that year, however, not to file charges against John and Patricia Ramsey, saying there was insufficient evidence. In 2008, a new district attorney said that new DNA evidence cleared the parents and their son in the death.
A Colorado court released the previously sealed court documents relating to the mysterious 1996 death of JonBenet Ramsey, a girl who won child beauty pageants and whose murder shocked the nation. The pages were sealed in 1999, after a grand jury in the case dispersed without charges being filed.

Last edited by Nekochan on 10/27/2013, 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Just goes to show you how wrong juries can be. I never believed the parents had anything to do w/ her death. It's sad what people did to them especially the police.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Dreamsglore wrote:Just goes to show you how wrong juries can be. I never believed the parents had anything to do w/ her death. It's sad what people did to them especially the police.
That's interesting.  You have any thoughts on who killed her?

But an indictment just means they thought there was evidence enough to proceed with the case against the parents. Not that the parents were guilty.

An indictment means you stand accused of the crime and is devastating especially when it is your own child. I do have thoughts on who killed her and I believe it was a pedophile close to the family or knew them. I think the beauty pageants were a factor as to why she was selected.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Dreamsglore wrote:An indictment means you stand accused of the crime and is devastating especially when it is your own child. I do have thoughts on who killed her and I believe it was a pedophile close to the family or knew them. I think the beauty pageants were a factor as to why she was selected.
Absolutely, someone was obsessed with that child. Her pictures in costume, made her look like a seductress.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Dreamsglore wrote:An indictment means you stand accused of the crime and is devastating especially when it is your own child. I do have thoughts on who killed her and I believe it was a pedophile close to the family or knew them. I think the beauty pageants were a factor as to why she was selected.
It would be pure hell losing a child to murder and then being accused of the murder.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Joanimaroni wrote:
Absolutely, someone was obsessed with that child. Her pictures in costume, made her look like a seductress.
Yes, the way the child was dressed for those pageants was just creepy.  Do you also think it was someone outside the family?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Nekochan wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Yes, the way the child was dressed for those pageants was just creepy.  Do you also think it was someone outside the family?
Yes.

RealLindaL

It may've been someone outside the family, but I've always thought the parents knew more than they were saying, and/or were possibly covering up for someone, or for the fact that they put JonBenet in harm's way by virtue of something they did or didn't do -- inadvertently or otherwise -- and feared legal repercussions for themselves.

Look, the thing that has stuck in my mind all these years and that I've never, ever been able to reconcile is why/how it was that John Ramsey, if he were desperate to find his missing little girl as he surely would've been were he totally innocent, could "overlook" the one tiny room where her body was found.  Give me a break.   Think about it -- any one of us with a missing kid would look in every single solitary nook and cranny of the house.  And that goes for Patsy as well.  

Something was rotten in the State of Denmark but I fear we will never, ever know the full truth.

John Ramsey found Jonbenet in the tiny room. He and some one else were searching the house and he found her. I read the book.

Markle

Markle

They were rich and powerful in a small town. Surprise, surprise the crime scene was botched. Who ever heard of a suspect helping search the house for the child?

The District Attorney who refused to sign the grand jury indictment of the parents was a close personal friend.

She is dead but the husband had probably helped O. J. Simpson in his never ending search for the murderer in his case.

The poor kid probably told her parents she wanted to be a little girl and not live mom's fantasy through her anymore.

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

The ransom note was for the amount of $118,000 and John had just received a work bonus in the same amount. That cannot be a coincidence. Plus, who is going to sit around writing such a long note after you killed someone?

I think the dad did it

Nekochan

Nekochan

I just have always thought that a stranger would have removed the child from the house and not killed her right there and then hung around to write a note.   

I hope if the dad is innocent the killer will be found.  There is nothing worse that can happen to a parent than what happened with that little girl.

Nekochan wrote:I just have always thought that a stranger would have removed the child from the house and not killed her right there and then hung around to write a note.   

I hope if the dad is innocent the killer will be found.  There is nothing worse that can happen to a parent than what happened with that little girl.
Think about this. the child was molested in the house. the note matched the fathers bonus. so whoever done it had inside info on the finances.

In November 1997, several handwriting experts determined that Patsy “more than likely” wrote the ransom note

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20579226,00.html

John Ramsey is a very powerful man.

I think he did it and the wife covered it up. and she paid the price with God by dying a horrible death

That's a most horrible and asinine thing to say because the woman died of cancer,Chrissy. She had cancer before Jonbenet was murdered. The parents were cleared through DNA. This was not the kind of murder a parent would do. Jonbenet was hit on the head and garroted w/ a rope. They found a shoe print on the basement window that was broken.I think it's horrible what these parents have gone through w/ idiotic suspicions.

Nekochan wrote:I just have always thought that a stranger would have removed the child from the house and not killed her right there and then hung around to write a note.   

This was like a three or four story house. It was certainly easier to kill her and leave the body there than try to remove her. I think someone who had a grudge against John Ramsey did it. Jonbenet seemed to be a very beloved child by her parents. How much more can you hurt someone than to kill their child?

2seaoat

Finally, parents of dead children have fought back in the courts and won large verdicts against lazy police work and false accusations. The Fox case in Illinois where the father was accused and spent some time in jail after losing a child proves it is easier to fry the parents than to do hard and difficult police work which usually involves expenditures which bust a small town budget.

Think about the horror......your daughter is dead in the basement, and you both are our leading suspect. Life does not get much more unfair.

Dreamsglore wrote:That's a most horrible and asinine thing to say because the woman died of cancer,Chrissy. She had cancer before Jonbenet was murdered. The parents were cleared through DNA. This was not the kind of murder a parent would do. Jonbenet was hit on the head and garroted w/ a rope. They found a shoe print on the basement window that was broken.I think it's horrible what these parents have gone through w/ idiotic suspicions.
show me the dna? they refuse to release that info.

and dreams, parents do worse than this to their kids what do you mean this isn't the kind of thing a parent wouldn't do? as far as I am concerned, these parents EXPLOITED this child to begin with so I have no empathy for them.

and the police found NO EVIDENCE of a intruder, you must have read a fiction book written by the father lol

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=5341559&page=1

Here idiotbrains.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/famous/ramsey/it_5b.html

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:That's a most horrible and asinine thing to say because the woman died of cancer,Chrissy. She had cancer before Jonbenet was murdered. The parents were cleared through DNA. This was not the kind of murder a parent would do. Jonbenet was hit on the head and garroted w/ a rope. They found a shoe print on the basement window that was broken.I think it's horrible what these parents have gone through w/ idiotic suspicions.
The DNA evidence SUGGESTED it was not a family member who killed Jonbenet.

As badly as the police botched the case, the case will never be solved.

In my opinion, ANYONE who puts their child through the torture of beauty pageants, and sexualizing such young kids is guilty of child abuse.

RealLindaL

Dreamsglore wrote:John Ramsey found Jonbenet in the tiny room. He and some one else were searching the house and he found her. I read the book.
Yes, Dreams, I know he found her -- but not for hours after she was reported missing and, as I recall, not until AFTER the police had searched the house and overlooked that room themselves.  It was as if he wanted the police to find her, so that he wouldn't look too knowledgeable in knowing exactly where she was -- but when they missed the room, he just happened to remember that was the one place he hadn't looked earlier??  Give me a big ol' break, girl.  

The only thing we can hope is that someone makes a death bed confession someday.

RealLindaL

Markle wrote:In my opinion, ANYONE who puts their child through the torture of beauty pageants, and sexualizing such young kids is guilty of child abuse.
Never thought I'd agree with Markle on anything but, the more I see of this disgusting and dangerous "industry" of child pageants, the more I wholeheartedly agree that it's abusive.  

Y'all remember when parents of child stars (movies, TV) used to be denigrated for pushing their kids to succeed....well, this is FAR, FAR worse.

RealLindaL

Dreamsglore wrote: I think someone who had a grudge against John Ramsey did it. Jonbenet seemed to be a very beloved child by her parents. How much more can you hurt someone than to kill their child?
If there was someone with such a terrible, hateful, violent grudge against John, don't you think he would KNOW such a person existed, and point the finger accordingly??  Yeah he would -- unless in fact he was protecting someone.

I've always believed it was someone in the family, maybe even her older brother, whom the parents might fight ferociously to protect at any cost.  Yeah, I know he was supposedly cleared, but so were John and Patsy, and sorry, I ain't buyin' it.

RealLindaL wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:John Ramsey found Jonbenet in the tiny room. He and some one else were searching the house and he found her. I read the book.
Yes, Dreams, I know he found her -- but not for hours after she was reported missing and, as I recall, not until AFTER the police had searched the house and overlooked that room themselves.  It was as if he wanted the police to find her, so that he wouldn't look too knowledgeable in knowing exactly where she was -- but when they missed the room, he just happened to remember that was the one place he hadn't looked earlier??  Give me a big ol' break, girl.  

The only thing we can hope is that someone makes a death bed confession someday.
So it doesn't matter to you the DA cleared the parents? If that's evidence he killed his child it's no wonder people are falsely convicted all the time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum