Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

JonBenet Ramsey grand jury voted to indict parents in 1999, but DA refused to prosecute

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Nekochan

Nekochan

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/boulder/ci_22446410/boulder-grand-

Remember this case? I guess it will never be solved.

Nekochan wrote:http://www.dailycamera.com/news/boulder/ci_22446410/boulder-grand-

Remember this case? I guess it will never be solved.

momma did die from cancer.. Karma?

Nekochan

Nekochan

I always thought there was something strange about the case and about the parents. There are other cases where a child has been abducted right from their bedroom....but I think in all those cases, the child was taken away from the home. But this little girl was murdered right in her own home, while the parents were supposedly sleeping.

If this family had not be wealthy and well known in the community, would the parents have been prosecuted?

I didn't get the impression that the father was involved... the mother was a strange bird tho. Interesting case.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Yes, the mother was strange. The dad, not so much. I wondered at the time if the mother was the guilty one and the father either didn't know she was guilty or decided to protect her.

Slicef18

Slicef18

Prosecutorial authority is always the decision maker.

Both the parents were cleared by DNA evidence but the killer was never found. I read the book he wrote and those parents went through a terrible ordeal being accused. Some of the detectives decided the parents had to have done it and that was that. They were accused for years and finally sued the detective that started it and he settled.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Casey Anthony went to trial...what a fiasco. The day before closing arguments Anthony's attorney asked for a plea deal....you can always cross your fingers and hope for 12 idiots in the box.

Nekochan wrote:Yes, the mother was strange. The dad, not so much. I wondered at the time if the mother was the guilty one and the father either didn't know she was guilty or decided to protect her.

Jon Benet Ramsey was raped and strangled.This was not something the mother could do. They found semen in her underwear.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Dreamsglore wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Yes, the mother was strange. The dad, not so much. I wondered at the time if the mother was the guilty one and the father either didn't know she was guilty or decided to protect her.

Jon Benet Ramsey was raped and strangled.This was not something the mother could do. They found semen in her underwear.

If they found semen, that should have cleared the parents right away?
I think it had to have been someone who knew the family.

Nekochan wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

If they found semen, that should have cleared the parents right away?
I think it had to have been someone who knew the family.

It was right before DNA testing became available in criminal cases. The DNA was tested years later which excluded the parents. It just goes to show how wrong the police can be. They bungled that case horribly. They started accusing the parents w/ made up scenarios and led the public to believe they were involved. The detective who wrote the book came here and did a seminar w/ the Sheriff's Dept. w/ his unsubstantiated theories and ruined this family. They accused the brother, the mother, the father all on theories. It's a very sad case of a beautiful child murdered in her own home by some sick pedophile.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum